HF Habs: Fans unite. Optimism thread. No tank talk (no sTANK we want tha DRANK)

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Who would want a team of a quitting mentality?
Gallagher was probably told his whole life he would never make it due to his size, yet he plays big and doesn't quit.

This may not be the team we asked for but its the one we deserve. Its the one everyone has counted out everyone is yelling "sell sell sell". "Quit quit quit".

The boys will make it into the playoffs. They will prove the doubters, the so called experts wrong. They will revel in it.

Price will achieve saint hood this season he will ascend.

3 miracles are required.
#1 make the play offs.
#2 beat the bruins.
#3 win the cup

It has been revealed to me by the hockey Gods of olde.

You will miss this opportunity to be part of this historical run. It starts now. Get down or lay down

To the bolded - will I? I was the first to respond to your thread remember

As to the rest - you seem to have ignored the first sentence of the post you replied to. I wasn't talking about whether we should tank - which is what you seem to be responding to. I was just stating that - even for those who want to - actually "tanking" isn't even all that feasible.

Finally - we won't be facing the Bruins in the playoffs this year, sorry. Tampa is our round 1 opponent if we make it.

HabsFather

Twitter: @HabsFather
Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
I don't find the positivity annoying, just mis-guided.

We all want "winning". Some are always rooting for the next game, which is fine. Others, just want a higher standard, even if there's short-term pain. Also fine.

This thread, OTOH, is pretty lame. Sorry. "ASSEMBLE"? c'mon. lol
I have not given up on you. Even though you have given up on your brothers and sisters.

We love this team.
I refuse. Will not accept a defetous attitude nor carbon copy the leafs road to success nor should you.

There is no harm in having faith in those kids. None. They may not give us what we asked for but they giving us what we need.
Just believe in them brother. They can do this. They can make it. They haven't given up nor should you.
It pains me to see such a lost soul. Hold the line with us

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I have not given up on you. Even though you have given up on your brothers and sisters.

We love this team.
I refuse. Will not accept a defetous attitude nor carbon copy the leafs road to success nor should you.

There is no harm in having faith in those kids. None. They may not give us what we asked for but they giving us what we need.
Just believe in them brother. They can do this. They can make it. They haven't given up nor should you.
It pains me to see such a lost soul. Hold the line with us

thanks for looking out for me. :)

Reactions: HabsFather

HabsFather

Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
To the bolded - will I? I was the first to respond to your thread remember

As to the rest - you seem to have ignored the first sentence of the post you replied to. I wasn't talking about whether we should tank - which is what you seem to be responding to. I was just stating that - even for those who want to - actually "tanking" isn't even all that feasible.

Finally - we won't be facing the Bruins in the playoffs this year, sorry. Tampa is our round 1 opponent if we make it.
Meant to be in conjunction of what you said. I was agreeing with you.
It is long standing tradition we will face the bear in the playoffs wether its 1st or 2nd round. It is going down.

HabsFather

Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
But Bergevin needs to help the team especially last year when they over achieved....Bergervin is the only GM in the entire league who has never gone for it....he has wasted all these years of Price and Weber.....making the playoffs now is pointless...it just means you are not in the draft lottery...no chance at Lafreniere and you get destroyed in the 1st round of the playoffs.
Anything is possible.
No one holds the answers, if they did we would know who would win. The true lottery ticket is the one in the playoffs.

HabsFather

Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
The problem is we don’t believe in the team Bergevin has put together over eight years that has set us back years. It has very little to do with the players on the ice.

And for that reason, I can’t get behind this. Sneaking into the playoffs just buys incompetent management more time. I saw Price buy an incompetent coach far more time than he should have been afforded, and thus, this GM. I’m sick of spinning our tires in mediocrity.
I believe this team is built for the playoffs. They just need to get to the dance.

Reactions: angusyoung

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
And that’s exactly the problem that has led to no cups since 1993, and has led us to no playoffs in three of the last four years going on four of the last five.

Yeah - maybe if management believes that and are resting on their laurels and doing nothing but "wishing". But as a fan - there's nothing wrong with some of us doing that, and trying to be optimistic.

I agree that management has been mostly incompetent, and probably needs to go. Nothing wrong with at the same time wishing for success :)

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Anything is possible.
No one holds the answers, if they did we would know who would win. The true lottery ticket is the one in the playoffs.
Yes,your first priority should always be to win.....But their own inept buffoon GM does not even try to win.....if like Bergevin say's...anything can happen if you make the playoffs...then why is he not trying to make the playoffs....fill the holes on the roster in the summer....add size,scoring,spend cap space...do stuff.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah - maybe if management believes that and are resting on their laurels and doing nothing but "wishing". But as a fan - there's nothing wrong with some of us doing that, and trying to be optimistic.

I agree that management has been mostly incompetent, and probably needs to go. Nothing wrong with at the same time wishing for success :)
There’s nothing wrong with being optimistic. I’ve just had the optimism beaten out of me with incompetent management repeatedly making questionable decisions and then going to the press and repeatedly saying “just get to the playoffs and anything can happen.”

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This thread is more about hoping for optimism/success than about tolerating mediocrity though.

Hope is a huge part of being a fan though right? But I think the die hard fans look deeper than that and we want and act like GM's. Our fan base is emotionally violent but we are also not stupid.

Are we united? Hell no lol. However, a little less jumping on each other's back due to frustration would be nice. We all handle frustration differently

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
This feels to me like walking by a pan handler and dropping a loonie, saying Good Day.....

Here's my positive thought: the CHANCE, yes only a chance but a chance nonetheless to see a line of Drouin-Suzuki-Kovalchuk next year (I'm in the Domi-is-expandable camp, log jam incoming).

These guys take the faceoffs, then become Kovalchuk-Suzuki-Drouin beyond the opposing blue line... everyone can shoot, everyone can pass, everyone's got vision. ASSEMBLE.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I love the usual suspects WILL NOT ALLOW a positivity thread to exist, hahaha. It's so weird. I always think they'll be like 'ah sure let them have it' but nope. Can't do it. Hell we'll put a sticky to say 'ONLY POSITIVE POSTS' that will SURELY keep away the 'naysayers' or whatever they'll allow themselves to be called.

My god just let there be one piddly thread ffs. It's kind of weirdly pathological. I know you think you're doing Beliveau's work by making sure no poor deluded fan could possibly be optimistic about the Habs with this regime still in place but maybe just tell yourselves this doesn't have to be my battle this time.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Damn right brother. If this team can make up some ground before the break and get healthy they have an easy enough schedule where they can go on a big run and make a playoff push. It has to start now.

Reactions: HabsFather

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Your positivity is refreshing but in all seriousness all this team is with the whole lineup is 8 to 10th.
We don’t have any first line players
We are a middling team with the whole line up
The goal should always be a a cup not just making the playoffs
We have no first line centre or game breaking wingers

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Positives:

I want to see progression from the kids
I want to see one more beautiful play from Kovalchuk

Ad

Upcoming events