News Article: Fans elect John Scott as division captain for 2016 All-Star Game

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Aren't Arizona fans pissed that Scott being voted in costs Domi and/or OEL a spot in the game?

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
It would most likely be better to rest OEL and Domi than to see them in the All-star game. Scott gets plenty of rest, so it's a good chance for him to get some ice-time :)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
People seem to enjoy giving John Scott **** because he's a goon. From all reports, though, the 99% of his life he spends not playing ice hockey is spent being a smart, likable guy who does a lot of behind-the-scenes charity stuff.

I hope he and his family have the chance to have some fun and not get **** upon by the fans. He never asked for any of this and was willing to bow out gracefully. Maybe he'll even provide a Marek Malik-style feel-good moment that will elevate this ASG out of the giant rut it has dug itself into.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
People seem to enjoy giving John Scott **** because he's a goon. From all reports, though, the 99% of his life he spends not playing ice hockey is spent being a smart, likable guy who does a lot of behind-the-scenes charity stuff..

All the more reason not to embarrass him and disrespect the game of hockey with this nonsense

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Great news. Hilarious in a variety of ways but looking at our roster, we don't really have anyone deserving of an All-Star spot this year. OEL has been ok, but decidedly not great. Domi slowed down, and Doan didn't start his campaign early enough.

Also - frankly I don't think fans are idiots for having fun with something that is meant to be fun.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Just take away the fans ability to have any input whatsoever and be done with it. That's what they want anyway.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Just take away the fans ability to have any input whatsoever and be done with it. That's what they want anyway.

...or at least make the fan vote a write-in where they physically have to use a pen and paper and use the US/Canadian postal service for the vote to count.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
What's this "postal service" you speak of?

What is a "pen" or "paper"?

If anything they need to limit votes more. I only voted once (and not for Scott) and am fine with that. This "Interwebz" thing complicates everything

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
The all-star game, in this and other sports, is an event made by and large for children. *****ing about it for being out of touch with what "the fans" (i.e. mostly adults) want is like criticizing Frozen for not being gritty enough.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
It's fun, silly, and stupid. As for the ASGs - When I was a kid it mattered. I think across all sports it matters significantly less now. Partially because I get to see the all-stars all the time (with more TV coverage, internet, etc). Plus we get the Olympics which is the "real" all-star game.

While you can argue that John Scott's internet election contributes to that, it's more about adding another actor to the circus.

Plus it's fun to be an anarchist!

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I'm looking forward to the rest of the Pacific team feeding John Scott pucks all night trying to get him to score most of the goals. He'll probably stand at the red line the entire time waiting for a breakaway pass :laugh:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The all-star game, in this and other sports, is an event made by and large for children. *****ing about it for being out of touch with what "the fans" (i.e. mostly adults) want is like criticizing Frozen for not being gritty enough.
Who's *****ing about it being out of touch with what the fans want? If anything it's absolutely in touch with what they want and as ******** as it is, they wanted John Scott for the lulz.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah because marketing max Domi would've sucked for the franchise...

Max is doing fine. I watch away broadcasts and he has 100% replaced the "Coyotes ownership issues" headline that we always historically faced when on the road. Max IS the story nationally for our franchise now.

Besides Kylo, if John Scott the king didn't go, it would of been OEL.

Finally, in no world is Max Domi an all-star this season. Panarin and Larkin aren't going either with some better stats. Overall he is 60th in points, and slowed down quite a bit this month.

At the end of the day, we didn't have a slam-dunk allstar. OEL has been mediocre, Domi has been great, but not good enough, and Doan turned it on too late.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Absolute joke that there are any yotes fans happy about this..

There's one thing that's more of a joke than John Scott at the All-Star game, and that's the All-Star game itself. The entire weekend is literally a drinking competition between the players. The players and the league don't take it seriously, so why should the fans?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad