News Article: Fans elect John Scott as division captain for 2016 All-Star Game

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It was a AZ personnel move. As in icing a 23 man roster which can play versus a very solid but very limited 4th liner that is only capable of being in the lineup 20-30 nights a year.

I like Tinordi as a prospect though so I personally viewed his acquisition as a positive.

Making the deal without Scott puts him and his one way deal in the AHL. Not sure if that is better or worse on the scale of criticism that has met Maloney. Not sure I care anymore either.

Tinordi has already contributed positively in two games. That's more than Scott arready. Delaying a trade that will improve your team for he sake of saving face is inexcusable. I can't believe you're advocating it.

I agree guys. Don't understand why people are making a mountain out of a molehill. Some just can't seem to move on.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Did Maloney take more criticism in originally signing Scott, waiving him, keeping him on the roster, or in trading him?

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I see the crow has been too much for those who say Scott has no business being in the ASG because he will fail and look out of place.

The important lessons to learn here are the following:
A player doesn't need to be elite or close to being elite to be a star in sports.
The All-Star Game isn't the All-Super Star Game.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I see the crow has been too much for those who say Scott has no business being in the ASG because he will fail and look out of place.

A player doesn't need to be elite or close to being elite to be a star in sports.

I originally saw it as an embarrassment to the game and to John Scott himself, I was incorrect. I did not even think about him looking out of place, or not, just did not consider his typical role as that of what is considered an all star.
Crow went down easy and I was delighted with the end result and have read nothing here from anyone else that would even remotely suggest what you are presenting above.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

What I took away from it is: the worst guy in the NHL, is still a pretty good hockey player.

The Spaniard

Nov 3, 2010
Madrid
Tinordi has already contributed positively in two games. That's more than Scott arready. Delaying a trade that will improve your team for he sake of saving face is inexcusable. I can't believe you're advocating it.

In a case like this you should think more about saving your franchise then two games.

Can't believe a struggling franchise passed on such a huge marketing opportunity.

If the timing is the only thing that bothers you, I say two week prior to the ASG is better than two day following. Anyone disagree?

Hell yeah I disagree!

It looks waaaayyyy worst before.

Before, makes the Coyotes look like *******s. After, they look like the good guys who gave him a chance despite the league wanting him out. The separation can be friendly "we could have traded him before the ASG but we waited to make sure he plays, now time to move on, good luck in your future endeavours, John".

Plus, again, the Coyotes missed a huge marketing opportunity.

Not a peep about Scott on official Coyotes social media.

They didn't even use the picture of his two daughters with the Coyotes shirt?

Incroyable.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Unless you planned on making Scott the new ambassador of fun (Brett Hull style) to suggest that you can get any long term sustained increase in attendance based upon marketing around a player who there is a 75% chance will not play in a game that you come to attend is what I would classify as wishful thinking.

I actually really like Scott. If he felt his career was over at the end of the season anyways I would milk this for all I could. Future broadcasting career?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I love Scott.

He won't sell tickets.

Teams make money by winning and getting playoff games. Tinordi helps us much more than Scott in that regard. Winning games and making the playoffs is the only marketing opportunity that matters.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I love Scott.

He won't sell tickets.

Teams make money by winning and getting playoff games. Tinordi helps us much more than Scott in that regard. Winning games and making the playoffs is the only marketing opportunity that matters.

Yup, at the end of the day the Coyotes will get the support they need if they are competitive yearly.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
In a case like this you should think more about saving your franchise then two games.

Can't believe a struggling franchise passed on such a huge marketing opportunity.

Hell yeah I disagree!

It looks waaaayyyy worst before.

Before, makes the Coyotes look like *******s. After, they look like the good guys who gave him a chance despite the league wanting him out. The separation can be friendly "we could have traded him before the ASG but we waited to make sure he plays, now time to move on, good luck in your future endeavours, John".

Plus, again, the Coyotes missed a huge marketing opportunity.

They didn't even use the picture of his two daughters with the Coyotes shirt?

Incroyable.
We all appreciate your faux concern.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
John Scott...The Movie

http://deadline.com/2016/02/john-sc...mitch-albom-mandalay-sports-media-1201707795/

I'm guessing GMDM and the league office will co-star in the villain role.

This is a disgrace to the game. Remember Hollywood executives, the audience is laughing at you, not with you. The employees at Mandalay Sports Media are probably ready to quit the company, since a movie could have been made about a more deserving athlete instead. I bet the cameramen and lighting people are furious.

There was absolutely zero media exposure the Coyotes could have gained from any of this, which doesn't matter anyway, because the historic and proud Coyotes franchise certainly doesn't need all the media exposure it can get. Thank you Don Maloney and Gary Bettman for all your efforts to try and prevent this travesty.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This is a disgrace to the game. Remember Hollywood executives, the audience is laughing at you, not with you. The employees at Mandalay Sports Media are probably ready to quit the company, since a movie could have been made about a more deserving athlete instead. I bet the cameramen and lighting people are furious.

There was absolutely zero media exposure the Coyotes could have gained from any of this, which doesn't matter anyway, because the historic and proud Coyotes franchise certainly doesn't need all the media exposure it can get. Thank you Don Maloney and Gary Bettman for all your efforts to try and prevent this travesty.

No movie deal for Scott unless he's traded. Right about now he's picked up a few hundred thousand because of this. I suspect a month later that Scott is very very grateful for the controversy.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Is this a post your future kids will be proud of?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00