Fan capacity in 3rd round?

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
I think montreal moves into green zone relatively soon, then I would like to see them accelerate fan attendance.

It's inevitable that we and most of the world are headed towards whatever path the UK is headed for. They literally had settled things and the delta variant came and the rise in cases and hospitalizations followed. They're at 50% double vax vs us below 10. So we're definitely way more prone for a disaster if we neglect this simple reality.

I'd bet on something more or less 5k at best

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
If we manage to make the Stanley Cup Finals it would be a shame if we can’t have near full capacity like in the States.

Reactions: Troyp and frapp10

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
It's inevitable that we and most of the world are headed towards whatever path the UK is headed for. They literally had settled things and the delta variant came and the rise in cases and hospitalizations followed. They're at 50% double vax vs us below 10. So we're definitely way more prone for a disaster if we neglect this simple reality.

The fact that theres a rise is irrelevant. There will always be a 'rise'. And a fall. We have had this cycle every year with flu season. The only thing that matters is if we can assume the risk and move on with our lives. I think we're at the point where we can.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Interesting rise…

21567B61-05DD-411E-9455-6410E7591758.jpeg

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
With Quebec going to yellow zone as of next Monday, they should increase capacity.

When you look at the amount of people watching the game outside and celebrate, they can have that inside, but in the Bell Center is a more controlled environment.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Vaccines work. There's no reason they couldn't go for 7,000 - 1 in every 3 seats. I'd go for half but it won't happen.

I wouldn't be comfortable until every man, woman and child has their mandatory 2 doses AND the additional booster shot for the variants of concern.

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
It would be great for the ambience having more people to cheer!!! ... I don't mind.. I won't be there... living in the woods, I stay away from the crazies.. LOL!

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I think judging by the group of people outside the bell center for game 4 in close contact. Most had no masks on and the number looked greater than the 2500 in the bell center. I wonder if there has been anything from that 3 days ago. I'm doubtful. Like if they are worried about socially distanced in the rink which can be done is absurd. Their bigger problem is going to be outside. Atleast inside they have their rules and need to be followed. Outside well that's a different story and Game 1 will be more people this series.

I think 10k which isn't even half the capacity of the bell center is doable. Spread them out from groups of 2-4. Plus you have the boxes as well where a family can go if larger than a group of 4.

It can be done.

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Yeah, no. That's a you problem at this point. No offense. Like all things in life, zero risk just isn't a thing. Cheers.
Except here you would be taking risks for other people around you, not yourself. Hard to understand we are still having this convo after all this time. We’ll be back to normal life by fall hopefully. Why mess this up when there is so much at stake.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I wouldn't be comfortable until every man, woman and child has their mandatory 2 doses AND the additional booster shot for the variants of concern.
You mean boosters that the science itself says may not even be necessary for over a year unless it’s someone in a more vulnerable population?

If you’re all about the science you’d know how effective one dose actually is on its own.

You wouldn’t be comfortable but no one is forcing you to go to the games. Vaccines work as they are now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad