Fan capacity in 3rd round?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder if Quebec will increase the limit?
Are Vegas and Colorado allowed full capacity? I haven't watched them.

I think the Knights are full capacity but not sure about the Avs.

Quebec needs to consider 10,000 in our arena. Or something in the 5,000 - 10,000 range. It's doable with the right plan in place. Halifax had 2,000 in a 10,000 arena and we are super conservative. Allocated zones you have to stay in and also limited people in the washrooms per/zone. Beer and food brought to your seats.

How many more in Quebec get vaccinated in the next week? Probably multiple thousands a day

Reactions: Schwang

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I read somewhere the QC government may increase to half capacity by June 28th, assuming numbers continue to decline.

The issue is most Canadians aren't fully vaccinated, meaning received both shots. The delta variant in particular is really concerning.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
If he allows more people in the building, he will have to put all of Quebec in green as of next week! Let's see the numbers today and listen to what he has to say. I'm sure he will be asked during his PC but he will say le Dr. Arruda veut pas bla bla bla but in the end he should be making the decision!

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I think we could definitely get up to half capacity in a safe manner. They aren't utilizing the upper levels and some of the lower bowl so you can easily space people out from a seating perspective.

I will say though, 2500 are pretty damn loud, half capacity would be a nice step up.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
If he allows more people in the building, he will have to put all of Quebec in green as of next week! Let's see the numbers today and listen to what he has to say. I'm sure he will be asked during his PC but he will say le Dr. Arruda veut pas bla bla bla but in the end he should be making the decision!
I saw someone say this on twitter. If the Quebec government wanted to hit vaccination goals, tie them to how many people can attend Habs games. I bet people would be lining up pretty fast :laugh:

Reactions: Kennerback

Dhaemon

Oct 20, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Currently the American teams will have an advantage with us over the amount of people allowed in the stadiums.

Any word if Montreal will go beyond the 2500 seat limit?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
They don't have a choice it's what the government allows them to do based on the science and where COVID rates are etc.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
This.............would be awesome!! If they cold get it to 5K or more, would be amazing......
How have the Covid cases been in the city?

Just got the e-mail from canadiens.com, it says:
  • Seulement 2 500 billets disponibles par match (en date du 8 juin 2021)
It might be more because Habs will probably play their first home game in 10 days or so.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
This.............would be awesome!! If they cold get it to 5K or more, would be amazing......
How have the Covid cases been in the city?

Montreal is moving into yellow zone, which I think is the second most open colour zone in the province. (I'm in Ontario so not sure about the order)

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Just got the e-mail from canadiens.com, it says:
  • Seulement 2 500 billets disponibles par match (en date du 8 juin 2021)
It might be more because Habs will probably play their first home game in 10 days or so.

Didn't the provincial government announce recently Montreal would be opening up more on the 14th.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I think montreal moves into green zone relatively soon, then I would like to see them accelerate fan attendance.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I wish but Dr. Arruda is keeping Qc. hostage for no reason with the # of cases in the past few weeks and the % of the population vaccinated already including the most vulnerable. It's time to allow and open a little more like in the US but he will make us suffer all summer again waiting for that 4th wave since.... X-MAS, March break, Easter, the manifestation in front of the Big O.......

Reactions: Tyson

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Canada has somehow caught up (more or less) with the Americans in regards to first vaccine administrations, but they are way behind in 2nd dose administration.

Last I checked, Canadians are around 5% fully vaccinated whereas the US is around half.

Now, assuming Vegas vaccination rates and Quebec rates are representative of their respective national rates, and if Vegas has 17k crowds, you might be be able to justify around a crowd of 5-7k at the bell center.

But of course, there's a big difference in American politics compared to Canadian politics. I just don't see how there's a huge increase in store as of right now, if any.

Reactions: dinodebino

habsnacks

Nov 16, 2014
What percentage of QC is fully vaccinated? That's really what's going to dictate this decision.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
I think the Knights are full capacity but not sure about the Avs.

Quebec needs to consider 10,000 in our arena. Or something in the 5,000 - 10,000 range. It's doable with the right plan in place. Halifax had 2,000 in a 10,000 arena and we are super conservative. Allocated zones you have to stay in and also limited people in the washrooms per/zone. Beer and food brought to your seats.

How many more in Quebec get vaccinated in the next week? Probably multiple thousands a day
I couldn't agree more. I understand safety and all that but if people are partying in the streets of Montreal and not social distancing why not put these people in Le Centre Bell instead?

It is what it is but it's not fair to this team or the fans that the Avs or Knights are going to get a raucous packed house and we will be limited to 2,500 fans.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad