OT: Famous Canucks fans

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
07.jpg

The Game

Wrong guy. The Game? Biggest ****** I've ever met. Seriously.
And he grabs his junk about twice per second.

NHLNucksFan

Mar 6, 2011
Vancouver
I believe she is. CDC interviewed her somewhat recently, IIRC.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=608551

Scherbatsky is a Canucks obsessed Canadian on the show and popular belief is Smulders is merely a fictitious Canucks fan with no real knowledge of the defending Presidents' Trophy winners.

Wrong.

What we have here is perhaps the truest case of art imitating life.

“I’m a Canucks fan alright, growing up I loved and was obsessed with Pavel Bure, like crazy,†laughed Smulders, talking with Canucks.com.

Totes Magotes

Mustang Hunter
Mar 6, 2012
Pretty sure a lot of these people pictured with Canucks gear are not exactly fans...just entertainers who were doing a concert at Rogers Arena or somewhere in Vancouver and wore a Canucks jersey to hype up the audience.

Many however, are real Canuck fans. Anyone mention Terell Safadi yet?

''Black red yellow, that's my team, old school way before the blue n green'' -- Uhh Terell, Canucks first colours ever were blue n green. LOL

Frank Garrett

Duncan
Oct 3, 2011
Duncan Construction
I used my uncle's seat in '88 and Loverboy's drummer 3 seats up had season tickets. He was screaming pretty wild when we won. Is he still famous?

I've seen Brian Adams at games but he lives in London now.

Who was that guy that wore a Bertuzzi shirt under his MLB Uniform when he won the World Series?

edit: wait - why is Nate Robinson wearing a Whalers hat as well?
I was going to say that he drowned, but Google tells me that that was the bass player, not the drummer.

JA

You're thinking of Andrew Castell, this guy:

castell.jpg

And what's really sad is that according to this article, written during the 2011 finals, he stopped being a fan of the team during the Keenan era and never came back.

That's actually kind of sad.

I think Castell has recently returned to following the Canucks.

He has a Twitter page, and most of his recent tweets are about various memorabilia and the endeavors of the current Canucks squad. He took note of one instance a few months ago when Jim Hughson called Willie Desjardins "Coach Mitchell." That means he's watching.

https://twitter.com/achockeyhistory

Last edited by a moderator:

JA

Jim Treliving might have been a Canucks fan at one point.

I'm sure he's a Flames fan now.

corker

Aug 11, 2007
Kate Upton and William H Macy were at a Canucks Flames playoff game I went too... of course being there doesn't necessarily mean you are a fan, but Kate especially seemed to be cheering pretty hard. (It was a game we won... I think game 5...)

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Where is the love for Wyatt "The Stanchion" Arndt? Canucks blogger. Gotta be famous for just the beard!

JA

Where is the love for Wyatt "The Stanchion" Arndt? Canucks blogger. Gotta be famous for just the beard!

Doing the Fake Canucks Season with him was fun. Towards the end, though, work got busy and things slowed down a bit. Then the real season began.

I'll never forget this game.

We all watched the live stream of the full game. There was no way to script that thing. It was messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
This. Celebrities, more notably rappers, will wear NHL gear because they like the logo, or the colors. Anyone famous that shows at a Canucks game likely just wants to be seen at a game because the Canucks are "cool" right now.
The Canucks aren't "cool" right now at all. Why would they be?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00