Fallout 4 - Part IV - Settled In - Use Spoiler Tags.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Just finished the story for the first time. Kinda cool.

I played through at least two times each in 3 and NV but I'm not so sure I'll be playing through again.

I will in the future. Way way in the future. I thought it took a turn for the better. They actually tried to have plot twists

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I will in the future. Way way in the future. I thought it took a turn for the better. They actually tried to have plot twists

That's true. I may just have Fallout fatigue. It took me somewhere between 36-48 hours of gameplay to complete the story, which is longer than 3 and NV I think.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
My only gripe with settlement building, is the fact that you can't dig up an area to make it flat. Hopefully a DLC will fix that in the future.

I like that. It's more realistic. I just wish you could clear the bushes and whatnot away so it wasn't sticking up in your shelters

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
My only gripe with settlement building, is the fact that you can't dig up an area to make it flat. Hopefully a DLC will fix that in the future.

Try using foundations under the floor category of wood. It's not digging up the ground but you can use it to level off an area and start build houses and such on it.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I made a save point right before needing to choose which faction to side with and I played through each of the three endings once, just to experience them and avoid the risk of the end being spoiled. Then I reverted back to the save and Im going to do as much as I possibly can before finally going through with one for good. I already know which I'm going to do too, it was the one I originally decided on and I'm happy with it.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Came across this today:

uaioditymegsh6uiehjn.png

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Hahaha - is every minutemen quest the same? I've only done a couple and I'm bored of them already, especially as they seem to add another settlement and settlers for you to look after.

I got so bored with all the settlers coming to Sanctuary Hills that I turned my beacon off.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Hahaha - is every minutemen quest the same? I've only done a couple and I'm bored of them already, especially as they seem to add another settlement and settlers for you to look after.

I got so bored with all the settlers coming to Sanctuary Hills that I turned my beacon off.

Minutemen also have a main quest line, the settlement quests are kinda a side thing(although I think you have to do some of them to progress the main quest line iirc)

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
As I said, its speculation. Maybe we get a smaller piece of DLC first. Theyre expecting Bethesda to show a large DLC then.

Its in their new podcast this week: IGN Podcast Unlocked #231

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I built a house today/last night and I don't hate it. I'm going to go back and push out the far wall (by the dining table) another couple yards. Eventually.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
This game is just not the same as past fallout's. Weak story, less focus on RPG elements, etc.

The game is still fun, but it just doesn't have the same feeling that playing New Vegas gave me.

So after finishing most of the game I decide to this game a 7.5 out of 10.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
This game is just not the same as past fallout's. Weak story, less focus on RPG elements, etc.

The game is still fun, but it just doesn't have the same feeling that playing New Vegas gave me.

So after finishing most of the game I decide to this game a 7.5 out of 10.

The story in this game is far better then FO3. That game had the weakest storyline I think ive ever encountered in a game.

NV was not a Bethesda game and shouldnt really be compared to FO3 or 4.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
The game would have been better if they had all the vault occupants wake up and discover Nate/Nora and Shaun missing.

Last edited:

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
The story in this game is far better then FO3. That game had the weakest storyline I think ive ever encountered in a game.

I hear this all the time but explain to me how Bethesda had nothing to do with NV. I have a really hard time believing that they stamped their name on a product and had no input.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I hear this all the time but explain to me how Bethesda had nothing to do with NV. I have a really hard time believing that they stamped their name on a product and had no input.

Bethesda is a publisher in addition to being a developer. They contracted Obsidian to develop New Vegas like any other publisher does with their properties.

Last edited:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Bethesda is a publisher in addition to being a developer. They contracted Obsidian to develop New Vegas like any other publisher does with their properties.

Correct.

Bethesda Softworks is the parent publisher company. Bethesda Game Studios is their in house developer, which is responsible for Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind.

That said, I believe comparisons are still apt. Obsidian simply took what Bethesda made for Fallout 3, tweaked it, and wrote a new story....it's sort of their M.O. and they are good at it.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC

Still, if they can make Skyrim's story really good why not fallout? They could do so many different angles but it's rinse and repeat with the two Bethesda games emerge from a vault to find someone, etc.

At least change it up by now.They just took revenge from Fallout 2 and NV, Exiting the Vault from Fallout 1 and 3. Then took a bunch of other worthless stuff and threw it together. For once can they not have the BoS as the main faction. I like new factions that matter. In NV the NCR was old but the legion was new and destructive. The institute and Minutemen were soft and the BoS was just there doing stuff.

Why not make a story of a settler or raider or something else than what we've seen.

Not to mention I could not be evil and just a complete monster like NV. In this game it was soft, no killing virtual people or dogs that are innocents. Nope you're punished, WTF? NV worked because you could carve your character the way you wanted. Not mention the back story for the character in FO4 is weak compared to NV.

If NV was made by a lesser company than Bethesda than why can't they make a better game. NV was just so good because the writers and such knew the world of fallout very well. FO4 just lacked any Fallout feeling, just shooting guns and helping generic faction here, here and here.

And there ends my rant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad