NFL: Falcons fire Arthur Smith

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This would be a good landing spot for Ben Johnson with the weapons they have on offense. Obviously need a QB though.
They are sitting with pick 8. 4 QBS so with AZ at 4, and likely giving Murray an elite weapon in MH Jr, I'd say that the target via a trade to get QB4 is LAC as you want to get ahead of the Giants. Titans, better off to see what they have in Levis. Question for Chargers is whether they have anyone that they covet and don't want to pass up, even with the extra assets they can get in return going from 5 to 8? As the Chargers have some cap issues and could decide to move off guys like Williams, Allen, Mack, Ekler, etc. thus extra picks is beneficial for them. OT, 2 really good ones that I think are more highly rated than the past 2 drafts. Closer to Sewell than the past 2 drafts produced.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
THIS. Dude would use crappy Ridder to throw two straight incompletes, and then run on 3rd and 10. So weird.
He also did the opposite which was infuriating. Choosing a passing play on a 3rd and one when the team has Bijan, Tyler to run and get the short yards they need. Happened as recently in the game v Saints on weekend.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
What exactly was Mora supposed to do with Bobby Herbet and Steve Walsh at QB? Those two were definition of mediocre and vanilla.
Walsh was useless so I don't count the years he was there. .. Hebert actually had ability but Jim ran the most conservative offense imaginable. Content to punt or kick field goals. If Payton was there during that time, there would have been a different mindset. Maybe not a title, but a Superbowl appearance with the Domepatrol.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jim Mora is a national treasure and I will tolerate no dissenting opinions

All time clip. Mora comes from wherever pulling up his pants and doesn't even wait for the media to ask why his guys sucked so much ass. He just comes in firing from the hip.

Right up there with Jerry Burns unchained and uncensored after he got sick of the media asking about his OC.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'd take Arthur back in Tennessee. Our offense has been garbage without him. I think he could do well with Levis and Spears.
Both HC Smith and Allen are more Coordinators than HC. Just the reality of the business.

Not everyone has it in them to be a manager of a large department. Some are good only being responsible for 2-3 people, while others can manage 10 or more.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I'd take Arthur back in Tennessee. Our offense has been garbage without him. I think he could do well with Levis and Spears.
henry and that o-line carried those titans offenses from 19-21 with tannehill/brown sprinkled in. after the way smith handled robinson and the atlanta offense, i doubt he'll get another OC job anytime soon

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
henry and that o-line carried those titans offenses from 19-21 with tannehill/brown sprinkled in. after the way smith handled robinson and the atlanta offense, i doubt he'll get another OC job anytime soon
Well the coordinators before and after couldn’t come close so it was more than that. His play calling was really good here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad