NFL: Falcons fire Arthur Smith

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The purge starts early.

Deserved. Dude had such a contempt for his best weapons on offense..

I wonder how much getting clowned on a fake kneeldown contributed to that. He kinda acted like a baby at the end of that game today and I could see that not sitting well with a guy like Blank.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
gif.gif

I'll miss his dumb face

• Love
Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
He needed to go. Some of his play calling was baffling. He also hitched his wagon far too much to Ridder who was terrible and couldn't even execute simple short passing plays.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
He needed to go. Some of his play calling was baffling. He also hitched his wagon far too much to Ridder who was terrible and couldn't even execute simple short passing plays.
THIS. Dude would use crappy Ridder to throw two straight incompletes, and then run on 3rd and 10. So weird.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
If you haven't noticed, I can't like the posts in here enough.

Happy (a typically too loyal) Arthur Blank moved on.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
They have some nice pieces on offense that a guy like Kirk Cousins could probably utilize well
My armchair GM top choice would be to get Fields and a 4th for a 2nd and get the best pass rusher with the 1st.

Cousins wouldn't be an awful pickup depending on the contract.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I remember a while back reading about this old coach from the 50s/60s who just *HAD* to win games with his defense. like he’d actively try to win games like 7-3, 6-0, etc. arthur smith gives me those types of vibes

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
This would be a good landing spot for Ben Johnson with the weapons they have on offense. Obviously need a QB though.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
guy must really love football to want to go through the grind of coaching when he could be vacationing on whatever beach he wants with that fedex money

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I remember a while back reading about this old coach from the 50s/60s who just *HAD* to win games with his defense. like he’d actively try to win games like 7-3, 6-0, etc. arthur smith gives me those types of vibes
That was Jim Mora with the Saints.. pissed away some of the greatest defensive play i've seen. The most vanilla offense imaginable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad