Post-Game Talk: Face a real team? Oilers Lose 5-1, Oh No, We Suck Again!

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Ah yeah, Replacement coming in after a loss to lambast Eakins in hindsight.

Looks like a dumb system when you get scored on a SHG in the 1st, looks like a great system the 2 games before when the PP is really clicking and you're facing the 29th ranked PK in the league so why change it?

Its playing with fire straight out. Its Eakins fault he adopts strategies as a rule instead of thinking on the spot and using something only when it makes sense . He's facing some of the best puck takeaway transition players in the world and he puts out the handful of Oiler forwards that lead the league in GA/60mins out there with last line change and. with Yak manning the point.

At the time I'm going "oh sweet disaster, this is a trainwreck in the making". This is Monty Python hockey and you must not distinguish as well anymore between valid expressions of hockey due to overexposure of this forlorn product. I might write out a prescription for some sensible Blues, Kings, Yotes, Wild, hockey to get your eyes refocused on what sensible game plans actually look like. :D

I mean that jokingly.

But seriously Eakins made a very questionable decision with a risk/payoff scenario that does not befit what a PP would normally entail. Due to dramatically increasing the odds of GA with that configuration out there against world beaters.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
LOL the Edmonton Sun is blasting people for cheering loudly when Bryzgalov came in, saying it was disrespectful to Dubnyk. I agree none of the goals last night were his fault, be eh, what can you do.

This has been a miserable season, can't blame the fans for latching onto something at least exciting.

I thought it was hilarious how much contempt the fans had for Dubnyk. The humungous cheer when Bryz, a goalie, actually plays the puck, was a clear expression I thought of how long its been since seeing a goalie remotely capable with the puck.

Absolutely the 2nd goal is Dubs fault. No reason for him to flat out on the ice there for an extended period. I don't know if he was trying to milk an interference call or what he was doing.

AssistantCaptain*

LOL the Edmonton Sun is blasting people for cheering loudly when Bryzgalov came in, saying it was disrespectful to Dubnyk. I agree none of the goals last night were his fault, be eh, what can you do.

This has been a miserable season, can't blame the fans for latching onto something at least exciting.
we can't cheer. We can't boo. Marshall law is coming in to play and don't say I didn't warn you:sarcasm:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006

Were the goals his fault? Not really. Would real NHL goaltenders stop them? Usually.
People almost got out of their seats when Bryzgalov came in. I'm sure it wasn't because the goals last night were Dubnyk's fault, just that about 60 other ones this year were.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Its playing with fire straight out. Its Eakins fault he adopts strategies as a rule instead of thinking on the spot and using something only when it makes sense . He's facing some of the best puck takeaway transition players in the world and he puts out the handful of Oiler forwards that lead the league in GA/60mins out there with last line change and. with Yak manning the point.

At the time I'm going "oh sweet disaster, this is a trainwreck in the making". This is Monty Python hockey and you must not distinguish as well anymore between valid expressions of hockey due to overexposure of this forlorn product. I might write out a prescription for some sensible Blues, Kings, Yotes, Wild, hockey to get your eyes refocused on what sensible game plans actually look like. :D

I mean that jokingly.

But seriously Eakins made a very questionable decision with a risk/payoff scenario that does not befit what a PP would normally entail. Due to dramatically increasing the odds of GA with that configuration out there against world beaters.

Replacement how convenient that you wait until the PP gives up a SHG to come in here and lambast Eakins for trying it. Where were you the last two games when it was firing on all cylinders?

And whats wrong with Yakupov at the point? He didnt screw up on that play, after viewing the replay Im confident that it was RNH on the other point. RNH should be getting called out for that goal but hes the messiah to Oiler fans so we can't have any of that. RNH was half way back to the center line and sees that Yak is going to try and hold it in. So instead of waiting to make sure Yak held it in what does he do, he decides to skate back into the zone before Yak has full control of the puck. Toews chips the puck past Yakupov and hes off to the races with a clear cut 114' breakaway.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
^

My instinct was to not waste 3hrs of my life watching this game. As usual I paid no attention to it.
Try putting the whole quote out there stoneman. The "it" in the last sentence obviously refers to "my instinct" from the first sentence.
Anyone who can read English can see that this sentence means he watched the game.
Why so eager to take a shot at a fellow poster?

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
this has been such a debacle of a season. i'm just worn down from trying to defend this team. There's very little to look forward to on a daily basis....and i just feeling losing has set in a long time ago....its just rough right now. i've never been so uninterested in hockey in my life. This game is in my blood, yet i'm just not enjoying the sport as much as i can because of the oilers.

selfish? maybe. but at this point, i think we've suffered enough as a fanbase

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don't follow.

Just wondering which of your comments in this thread about you watching the game is true.

The one at the beginning

"As usual, I paid no attention to it."

or

the one at the end of the thread.

"I watched the trainwreck."

Seems to me you were either watching the game, or you weren't paying attention, but can't figure out which on is true.:confused:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Just wondering which of your comments in this thread about you watching the game is true.

The one at the beginning

"As usual, I paid no attention to it."

or

the one at the end of the thread.

"I watched the trainwreck."

Seems to me you were either watching the game, or you weren't paying attention, but can't figure out which on is true.:confused:

Serious? c'mon, I can't believe I'm having to explain the original statement I made that;

Originally Posted by Replacement
My instinct was to not waste 3hrs of my life watching this game. As usual I paid no attention to it.

I'm not a great writer, I think the grammatical error above is that it should be a comma, and the same sentence. Given I'm not writing for English Profs here I would've thought the statement pretty clear. The meaning is that I paid no attention to my instinct. I'm a hopeless addict. I watch the games come hell or high water. In all their gory detail..;)

Must be a slow day here. Other posters understood exactly what I meant .

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
Serious? c'mon, I can't believe I'm having to explain the original statement I made that;

I'm not a great writer, I think the grammatical error above is that it should be a comma, and the same sentence. Given I'm not writing for English Profs here I would've thought the statement pretty clear. The meaning is that I paid no attention to my instinct. I'm a hopeless addict. I watch the games come hell or high water. In all their gory detail..;)

To be honest, I didn't read your sentence like that either... I read it as though you didn't watch the game, hence my comment.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

Without meaningful hockey discussion posters have just turned to personal attacks on posters. IMO thats why we're seeing some long time posters no longer posting. That and the fact that anytime anyone brings up one of the big 5 and points out an issue with them, that poster's hockey IQ is immediately questioned and they are attacked by the fanboys. It's really getting old not going to lie.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
To be honest, I didn't read your sentence like that either... I read it as though you didn't watch the game, hence my comment.

No worries, but if asked, and I explain myself its kind of odd to keep going on about it and arguing about whether I know I watched the game..:shakehead

sheesh.

(not saying you)

I take it somebody is bored.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad