Post-Game Talk: Face a real team? Oilers Lose 5-1, Oh No, We Suck Again!

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I could never really accept this being for sale anyway. Some things just should be tradition and that was one of them for CBC. Thats Canada TV heritage right there and I couldn't abide TSN having it.

Never much liked the Toronto Sports Network anyway. I suspect there will be less Raptors, Blue Jays I have to turn the channel on now.

Yeah, it was a dick move for TSN to even strip CBC of it to begin with, and it never felt right hearing it on TSN. There are some things you just don't try and mess with.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Anybody complaining about not getting the TSN broadcasts anymore probably never had to endure ITV "Oilers hockey" telecasts..

Usually the best bet is just turning the volume off anyway or listening to Led Zep while watching the Oilers.

"When the Levee Breaks" takes on unintended meaning..

shameless promotion of great Zep cover band;

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
It's nice to see that you have embraced losing. Did you pop champagne after that game against Florida? Must've thrown one hell of a party. You should take a look in the mirror and come to a realization that you have to continuously dwell on the past in order to tolerate the outcome(s). I'll gladly take a seat and suggest you do the same. It's better than being on your knees.

You openly mock people for being happy during a win streak. Then this. You sound like a person with a very unhappy life.

Rin

Mar 28, 2006
Northern Alberta
As soon as Dubnyk let in the 2nd goal I was saying he should be pulled before it gets worse and it's too late to come back. He wasn't quite on his game like he was the past 3 games. He ends up letting in 4 and we're ****ed. Bryzgalov looked good though.

Positives to take from this game: Bryz can start next game and Arco can draw back in.

nullterm

Dec 8, 2007
Port Moody, BC
sucks for the guys at tsn1260.

Wonder if 1260 execs are asking for a contract do-over right now.

Just imagine Gregor's show which is 80% Oilers, 10% NHL. First he loses all his Sportsnet guests (Spec, Shannon, Doug Maclean), now the TSN NHL guys (Ferraro, Rishaug, McKenzie) still has are gonna get blown out or switch networks and he can't talk to them.

Sheesh.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
As soon as Dubnyk let in the 2nd goal I was saying he should be pulled before it gets worse and it's too late to come back. He wasn't quite on his game like he was the past 3 games. He ends up letting in 4 and we're ****ed. Bryzgalov looked good though.

Positives to take from this game: Bryz can start next game and Arco can draw back in.

Sounds good to me. Didn't get to see the game as I'm in BBO's fine state, but a loss to the Hawks isn't the end of the world.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Time to abandon ship. This team is going nowhere.

Save yourselves!
1zeb76c.jpg

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I could never really accept this being for sale anyway. Some things just should be tradition and that was one of them for CBC. Thats Canada TV heritage right there and I couldn't abide TSN having it.

Never much liked the Toronto Sports Network anyway. I suspect there will be less Raptors, Blue Jays I have to turn the channel on now.

TSN, in terms of hockey coverage, is vastly superior to CBC and Sportsnet. It has its faults, but which network doesn't? HNiC is a classic even though their analysts and pbp guys suck but Sportsnet is just straight up bush league.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
TSN, in terms of hockey coverage, is vastly superior to CBC and Sportsnet. It has its faults, but which network doesn't? HNiC is a classic even though their analysts and pbp guys suck but Sportsnet is just straight up bush league.

TSN became bushleague this year and last. Their quality went south. The Oiler broadcasts they've done this year have been terrible. Miller and Ferraro far worse than I remember.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
Thanks dr.phil :thumbu:

Seems like a bit of a preacher isn't he. Just can't stand the fact that other fans see things differently. I loved the "fanbase" comment. Judging by the amount of posting lately on this site and others most people are finding better things to do. Watched the first and turned that crap off. Good on the Chicago announcers for getting on the Oilers. Thanks Katz for making the team the laughingstock of the league.

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
The only aspect of Sportsnet programming I think is good quality is the baseball. The hockey coverage is either second rate or downright idiotic.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Why can't we just play crap teams every night? This league is rigged to make the Oilers look bad.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Seems like a bit of a preacher isn't he. Just can't stand the fact that other fans see things differently. I loved the "fanbase" comment. Judging by the amount of posting lately on this site and others most people are finding better things to do. Watched the first and turned that crap off. Good on the Chicago announcers for getting on the Oilers. Thanks Katz for making the team the laughingstock of the league.

You can be disappointed by a loss without being a complete ****ing loser yourself. That was the gist of my "sermon". Go scream in your pillow if you need to.

AssistantCaptain*

Anybody complaining about not getting the TSN broadcasts anymore probably never had to endure ITV "Oilers hockey" telecasts..
Enjoy
EDIT: listen to what they say at 9:23 :laugh:

Member since 2002? :whaaa?: bless your soul.

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Sometimes I don't get Strudwick.

Tonight just keeps going back to "well the Blackhawks are a better team so just accept the loss and move on" as opposed to trying to figure out why we played 10 minutes of hard hockey after 3 decent efforts.

The NHL would be a very boring place if every "lesser" team accepted defeat.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Sometimes I don't get Strudwick.

Tonight just keeps going back to "well the Blackhawks are a better team so just accept the loss and move on" as opposed to trying to figure out why we played 10 minutes of hard hockey after 3 decent efforts.

The NHL would be a very boring place if every "lesser" team accepted defeat.

Strudwick still has that loser mentality, must have rubbed off from old Horcoff.

thinlizzy

Mar 9, 2013
I predicted they would compete for the first period and then wilter. Giveaways, as previously stated caught up with us. 13 is way too many. No fire in the belly to compete. Gags, and Nuge were terrible on the dot. Nice to see Petry with 9 hits. Where is the rest of the team ? Ilya did an okay job after DD got pulled. Top six pretty much invisible tonight and we blew chunks on the dot. As usual, our team was reading the 3 win articles and sticking their chests out. Back to the drawing board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad