Post-Game Talk: Face a real team? Oilers Lose 5-1, Oh No, We Suck Again!

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
well, that was fun while it lasted. ;)

in all seriousness, this is the best team in the league. You can't expect us to win them all. Thoroughly outplayed, outPottered, outlasted in every sense of those words.

Another 3 game win streak and optimism will return. But only if.

DareDoiler

Jan 29, 2010
I'm pretty sure most people hoped for the best, but knew victory over bottom feeders would not equate to victory over the elite teams. My one hope is that now that the winning streak is over, that a line change (insert arco) will happen before next game.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
actually thought the game was even enough. I mean look at the potter goal on our own net, sort of sums up the night.

We didn't deserve to win, but the game could have easily been 3-2 or something like that.

ps. Bryz looked good.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
actually thought the game was even enough. I mean look at the potter goal on our own net, sort of sums up the night.

We didn't deserve to win, but the game could have easily been 3-2 or something like that.

ps. Bryz looked good.

how many times have we said this this year? after they were up 4-0...they were on cruise control...I doubt they broke a sweat tonight

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Petry, Hall, RNH, JSchultz, Belov and Bryzgalov all looked solid.

The rest of them.....meh.

Captain Catatomic

SuprstitionCondition
Jun 25, 2013
There's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of and nothing wrong with going out like this to the Hawks, and Cup Champs. The kids got to match-up against the best guys in the game, and that's how they are learning.:razz:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
This team seems unfixable. Move this team to Seattle, take Katz, Lowe and the gang, and give us a new franchise. This time hire competent management from the top down, and coaches that have experience and don't suck (like Buchy).

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Thanks Bryanbryoil.

We didn't necessarily stink outside of the 1st period. Really, 5 on 5, we weren't that bad at all. Didn't capitalize on chances. This game could have been a lot closer.

It wasn't, but it wasn't a horrible loss. We saw effort and that, to me, matters also.

Oil80

Nov 3, 2013
Edmonton
Hopefully that was Dubnyk's last game in the NHL. Bryz has earned the #1 spot and Have Bachman as our back up

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Thanks Bryanbryoil.

We didn't necessarily stink outside of the 1st period. Really, 5 on 5, we weren't that bad at all. Didn't capitalize on chances. This game could have been a lot closer.

It wasn't, but it wasn't a horrible loss. We saw effort and that, to me, matters also.

Winning matters most, but at least we didn't roll over and die like the team has in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad