"Fabian Brunnstrom, the next Daniel Alfredsson?"

Roy G Biv*

Wow, apparently the Leafs "wowed" Fabian by "sending an organizational representative to Sweden to literally wine and dine him and meet his family, as well as a DVD promoting life as a Leaf..."

:amazed:

Enjoy constantly being dogged by media members with agendas. FAME awaits you, as every single move you make will be watched by thousands! Like exhibitionism? Enjoy having your penis and homoerotic exploits published on the front page of the local newspaper. Watch your bosses fight! Play in one of the quietest arenas in the league!

vcx*

That's cool.

I'm still waiting for Jason Bonsignore to become the next Mario. I figure by 35 he should make a decision.

Fire Wilson

Jun 24, 2007
Toronto
Enjoy constantly being dogged by media members with agenda's. FAME awaits you, as every single move you make will be watched by thousands! Like exhibitionism? Enjoy having your penis and homoerotic exploits published on the front page of the local newspaper. Watch your bosses fight! Play in one of the quietest arenas in the league!

um wow, taking the toronto media way to seriously.... just follow what mats sundin has done his entire career, not do anything stupid and just leave everything on the ice.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Enjoy constantly being dogged by media members with agendas. FAME awaits you, as every single move you make will be watched by thousands! Like exhibitionism? Enjoy having your penis and homoerotic exploits published on the front page of the local newspaper. Watch your bosses fight! Play in one of the quietest arenas in the league!

Uh huh.

Right..... :dunno:

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Wow, apparently the Leafs "wowed" Fabian by "sending an organizational representative to Sweden to literally wine and dine him and meet his family, as well as a DVD promoting life as a Leaf..."

Leafs are a step behind. Ken Holland himself was over there just last week doing the same thing. A team "representative" isn't the GM. If I was a player I'd certainly think the team sending the top brass places more value in me than the team who sends a nameless "representative".

In any case, I doubt it matters. Somehow I get the feeling he'll wind up in Washington.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Leafs are a step behind. Ken Holland himself was over there just last week doing the same thing. A team "representative" isn't the GM. If I was a player I'd certainly think the team sending the top brass places more value in me than the team who sends a nameless "representative".

In any case, I doubt it matters. Somehow I get the feeling he'll wind up in Washington.

Who knows who that representative was? Maybe it was ex-captain Doug Gilmour or a Swedish staff member who could relate better.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On

:handclap:

Hmm.. Backstrom, often thought by the Swedes as the next Forsberg. Now Brunnstrom is being touted as the next Alfredson. It'd be great seeing those two on same same line, I could see some great chemistry form between them. On and off the ice.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
IF this guys is as good as the love he's getting here... AND

IF the Caps would be lucky enough to get him.

It would definitely make-up for the 2005 draft debacle.

vcx*

I guess they don't get NHL coverage in Sweden, wait till he figures out who's giving him the attention. His world will come crumbling down, he might even quit hockey altogether.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria

And despite the fact Vancouver was on his list and the team is in desperate need of talent on offense it appears as though they've done sweet **** all. At least Toronto did something..

fogducker

Jul 26, 2006
And despite the fact Vancouver was on his list and the team is in desperate need of talent on offense it appears as though they've done sweet **** all. At least Toronto did something..

who know's if Grandin was talking to him. I bet you the media in vancouver don't even know his name

DreamCatcher*

heres an update on him:

The Canucks are one of the fronrunners to sign intriguing Swedish prospect Fabian Brunnstrom.

He is the quintessential late bloomer, a player who in a year has gone from being ignored by the NHL and bypassed in multiple drafts to a hot commodity desired by just about every team in the league -- even drawing comparisons to Daniel Alfredsson.

Two weeks before his 23rd birthday, Brunnstrom's stock has never been higher. As he went undrafted the playmaking winger is an unrestricted free agent and has the chance to pick the organization.He recently produced a shortlist of five teams with whom he wanted agent J.P. Barry to negotiate. The Canucks are on it, as are the Red Wings and Leafs. These three teams are believed to be the finalists.

A source close to negotiations said Thursday the Canucks "are interested in him and he is very interested." It's expected Brunnstrom will be signed before May.

The Canucks, conceivably, see the high-scoring forward, who specializes in puck possession, as a perfect compliment for the Sedin twins on the No. 1 line. His upside is that high. Scouts believe he could step into an NHL lineup next year.

Canucks Euro scout Thomas Gradin has been impressed by the 6-foot-1 forward's development.

"He has gone from a nobody to a player who really has made a name for himself. He has a lot of talent, for sure," Gradin said. "He's a big player who can skate and he's a very fast skater for his size. He's a very good prospect."

Money's not be a significant issue as Brunnstrom will be signed to an entry-level contract at most.

He won a scoring title last year in Sweden's Div. 2 with 73 points in 43 games. A Div. I team brought him to camp, only to release him after two weeks. Brunnstrom got his break as Färjestad, in the higher Swedish Elite League, signed him. He has seven goals and 29 points in 35 games.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/sports/story.html?id=5f7922f8-c6e5-4fba-bd05-25b69a3e0bed

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Who knows who that representative was? Maybe it was ex-captain Doug Gilmour or a Swedish staff member who could relate better.

You mean like say superscout Hakan Andersson?

BTW, Kenny has offered the kid a contract.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080124/SPORTS0103/801240480/1128

Brunnstrom, who will be 23 on Feb. 6, is expected to sign with an NHL team in the next several weeks.

"We like him, we made him a contract offer and we consider him a good prospect," general manager Ken Holland said. "He's a late bloomer. He has good hockey sense."

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080126/BLOG09/80126038/1053/rss17

"The other part i found interesting was this line. The Wings are, however, believed to have secured the services of Fabian Brunnstrom, an almost 23-year-old forward who’s become a star in the Swedish Elite League. They’re on a level playing field with other NHL clubs as to what contract can be offered, but have the advantage in offering him a locker room filled with seven countrymen. "

apparently Detroit has an agreement with him.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080126/BLOG09/80126038/1053/rss17

"The other part i found interesting was this line. The Wings are, however, believed to have secured the services of Fabian Brunnstrom, an almost 23-year-old forward who’s become a star in the Swedish Elite League. They’re on a level playing field with other NHL clubs as to what contract can be offered, but have the advantage in offering him a locker room filled with seven countrymen. "

I hope so:amazed:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
????

Care to elaborate?

Caps fans feel their team got royally screwed with the lottery process for that 2005 draft. If there was a season, there's no doubt the rebuilding Caps would have been a bottom 3/bottom 5 team. They could have gotten a Jack Johnson type prospect. Instead they got an average mid-first round pick and got Pokulok. Or maybe he's just pissed at the Pokulok and the other massive d-man (Finley?) picks.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
????

Care to elaborate?

I'm assuming he means that since there was no season they had the draft lottery for the entire league. Washington would have had a decent shot at Crosby if there was an NHL season since they would have finished near the bottom. At the very least they would have had a high pick.

I can't help but think this Brunnstrom kid is bound to disappoint, even if he becomes a solid player. One guy compares him to Daniel Alfredsson and all of a sudden expectations are overblown.

feff

Feb 17, 2003
Tokyo
Visit site
He could also turn out to be the Swedish version of Jiri Dopita (at once hailed as the best prospect outside of the NHL at a similar age). Obviously the difference is his UFA status, so it wouldn't cost anything to get him under wraps. That said, it's a rarity that a kid with his skill level has gone unnoticed for so long.

AgentNaslund*

He could also turn out to be the Swedish version of Jiri Dopita (at once hailed as the best prospect outside of the NHL at a similar age). Obviously the difference is his UFA status, so it wouldn't cost anything to get him under wraps. That said, it's a rarity that a kid with his skill level has gone unnoticed for so long.

Jiri Dopita at the time was 32 years old. This kid is 23 and have plenty of time to develop. Ovbviously not the same if you ask me.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

That actually describes Henrik Zetterberg...

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria

I guess I shouldn't be suprised..

****!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad