Faber

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Affect is a verb, effect is a noun. You can be affected, you can feel an effect.

For all intensive purposes, I checked the book I keep in my chester drawers.
Effect can also be a verb. Jim Hiller can effect positive change on this Kings roster.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Effect can also be a verb. Jim Hiller can effect positive change on this Kings roster.

Its accepted as a verb, as affect can also be a noun. Not quite a six of one, half dozen of another. The general rule is affect is for action, effect is for a result.

But try teaching this bullshit to anyone who is trying to learn English and you will see someone who regrets asking the question.

Reactions: kilowatt

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I heard he also beat up Chuck Norris.
This isn't funny. 8 more points than the only single remotely positive thing Fiala brings since the end of the year.

And this will haunt Blake for what's left of his career. To lose something worth its weight in saffron for a dunce with elite edgework.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The most remarkable thing is he's doing all of this having spent 3 seasons after being drafted in that dreadful and awful black hole for player development known as the Big 10. Doing this without ever learning the Wild's system or paying his dues in Iowa. Could you imagine if this guy had been properly developed with a couple of years riding buses in the AHL, we could be looking at a mix of Bobby Orr and Rod Langway.

1707895637094.png

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Affect is a verb, effect is a noun. You can be affected, you can feel an effect.

For all intensive purposes, I checked the book I keep in my chester drawers.
"intents and purposes" and "chest of drawers" - no spell check will catch those because its proper English

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad