Proposal: fabbri @ 50% retained to the oil for neal & a prospect

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
There isn't a deal to be made here lol

I'm not sure what Wings fans are thinking but Edmonton is keeping their prospects.

Neal's cap hit is manageable and all the expiring contracts are off the book this upcoming season. The freed cap space is projected to be 27.5M. I'm predicting Neal to have another bounce back season with some of the new addition Holland made. If it doesn't work out he can be bought out or have Seattle pick him up for the ED.

Edmonton needs to upgrade on goalie not add another unproven player. Wings fans unaware Puljujarvi is back with the team lol

It makes no sense from Edmonton's perspective.

Vast majority of Wings fans here have said Edmonton would never pay that price, but it's what it would cost... Soooo that's what they're thinking.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's not even asinine. Nobody's comparing player value of McDavid to those guys. It was a clear example that there are some trades that are perfectly reasonable to ask for a specific price, which will never be paid.

Apparently it's an idea that's too complex for some to understand.
Should've said more of "an appeal to extremes"

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
There isn't a deal to be made here lol

I'm not sure what Wings fans are thinking but Edmonton is keeping their prospects.

Neal's cap hit is manageable and all the expiring contracts are off the book this upcoming season. The freed cap space is projected to be 27.5M. I'm predicting Neal to have another bounce back season with some of the new addition Holland made. If it doesn't work out he can be bought out or have Seattle pick him up for the ED.

Edmonton needs to upgrade on goalie not add another unproven player. Wings fans unaware Puljujarvi is back with the team lol

It makes no sense from Edmonton's perspective.

Most Detroit fans don’t want to trade Fabbri and think the Oilers would hang up if this offer was made, don’t lump us all together

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
a middle six winger for $1.4M

I think you and other Wings fans overrate Fabbri. He's roster filler in my book. Probably as useful as AA (who I also hated on the Oilers).

So the trade is basically Neal + Holloway/Broberg for cap space (nothing back from Detroit). Oilers don't need cap-space badly. They needed it early in UFA season but not now.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Vast majority of Wings fans here have said Edmonton would never pay that price, but it's what it would cost... Soooo that's what they're thinking.

The correct term is "Edmonton has no need to make that trade"

This whole trade was pitched by a Redwings fans and laughed off by all Oilers fans. Does not fill any need.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
This whole thread was started by an asinine Redwings fan.
I mean, that guy be like that. But Nielsen+Seider for Turris or Ennis is a lot worse than what he was bringing to the table. Not to mention the fact that it was about McDavid being brought up.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I mean, that guy be like that. But Nielsen+Seider for Turris or Ennis is a lot worse than what he was bringing to the table. Not to mention the fact that it was about McDavid being brought up.

Lol How? It’s pretty equivalent to what he offered.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Nobody is giving a prospect like Holloway up in a cap dump move. Sorry. You can think that's what it would take which is your choice.

It's not happening. Stop dreaming.

I agree the Oilers would not nor should not give anything like that up to get rid of Neal. That said, bringing up players on our team that had bad contracts is a disingenuous argument, when we have lots of space and the Oilers really need lots of space if they want to win. In this scenario the Wings or any team acquiring Neal are the team with leverage not the Oilers.

To the OP, the price would be more than the Oilers would want to pay. Honestly, if I am the Oilers, depending on what he does this season, I buy him out in 2021 offseason or pay something to Seattle to take him for 2 more seasons. Right now 3 years is too rich for most teams and the Oilers wouldn't like the price.

Maybe give Seattle a decent roster player/decent prospect + a 2nd and/or 3rd rounder or something like that.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
This whole thread was started by an asinine Redwings fan.
you oil fans are the whiniest people on this forum that an adult conversation cant happen with . i didnt start a thread asking for holloway in trade . i asked for ideas on what prospects . it was stated no bouchard or broberg so i went to my next fave oil prospect and asked for an opinion on holloway . im no expert on every newly drafted prospect so was wondering , and neither are you for that matter as nobody knows if holloway makes it . but we do know dumping a 5.9 cap hit and adding fabbri helps the oil for sure get rolling next season . then all you cry babys in alberta started your tantrum . i will never try having a conversation with the oil fan base again

Reactions: Oddbob

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
You dont think Neal would take at least a 1st to dump??? Lemme sell you on lucic then
But at least Lucic can play a role on third line. He didn't score much but he was a force with Bennett and Dube the last bit of the season, play in and play offs. Neal can't play a role except for clean up on PP. Bottom line, neither guy is worth even 50% of their salary.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
you oil fans are the whiniest people on this forum that an adult conversation cant happen with . i didnt start a thread asking for holloway in trade . i asked for ideas on what prospects . it was stated no bouchard or broberg so i went to my next fave oil prospect and asked for an opinion on holloway . im no expert on every newly drafted prospect so was wondering , and neither are you for that matter as nobody knows if holloway makes it . but we do know dumping a 5.9 cap hit and adding fabbri helps the oil for sure get rolling next season . then all you cry babys in alberta started your tantrum . i will never try having a conversation with the oil fan base again

So you make a crap proposal, rightfully get called out on it and then call everyone “whiny” and “crybabies”. Sounds like you’re the crybaby to me.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
So you make a crap proposal, rightfully get called out on it and then call everyone “whiny” and “crybabies”. Sounds like you’re the crybaby to me.

He didn't make a crap proposal though. He asked who you would give up to get rid of Neal. He gave a suggestion, which fine you didn't like it, but you are the one who got all pissy about it, instead of just giving a fair response. In HF we see virtually 90% of horrendous trade threads, and this one was more fairly thought out with a minor suggestion to one player that got you bent out of shape on.

Most agree, the Oilers aren't giving up their Top 5 prospects to get rid of him, but don't pretend for a second that you get rid of Neal for a 7th round pick or something!

Reactions: BStinson

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Lol How? It’s pretty equivalent to what he offered.
Seider is a top prospect in the NHL. Holloway is a good prospect.
Neal has 3 years left on his contract. Neilsen has 2.
The Wings have a plethora of cap space and can take on James Neal. The Oilers have no cap space and literally can't swap Nielsen for Turris or Ennis because they would be over the cap, even if one of the best defensive prospects in the league is tied to him. If we wanted to, we'd buy out the slug Nielsen and keep our great prospect.

Fabbri@50% for Neal (3 years 5.75 million) + Holloway is 10000x more realistic than Nielsen+Seider for one of Ennis or Turris. The Oilers save 4.25 million (or another whole player's worth of salary) over the next 3 years, that's worth a good prospect. Holloway isn't f***ing Byfield.

Last edited:
Reactions: BStinson

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

We've answered. Lavoie + pick.

Then other Redwings fans come whining that's not enough. So what? Oilers don't need and don't care for Fabbri. We need an upgrade in goal and a replacement for Klefbom.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

This was a bad trade. The ask was way too high and even after adjustments this deal does not really take into account what Edmonton needs to deal for. If you want some traction in your proposals look for what the other team needs, not just what you want to get off their roster.

Like a previous poster said, Oiler fans would probably be all ears on a goaltender upgrade.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
To be fair, nobody that's not a masochist watched the Wings last year.
That's rich coming from a guy who's a fan of a team that had as many sub 70 point seasons as the wings have had 100 point seasons(4), and as many 100 point seasons as we've had sub 70 point seasons (1) in the last decade.

What is it, 1 playoff series win since 2006?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
That's rich coming from a guy who's a fan of a team that had as many sub 70 point seasons as the wings have had 100 point seasons(4), and as many 100 point seasons as we've had sub 70 point seasons (1) in the last decade.

What is it, 1 playoff series win since 2006?

It's been a long time between playoff series wins, that's true. However let's not pretend the Wings are fun to watch the the Oilers aren't. This Edmonton team is poised to do something special in the next few years.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It's been a long time between playoff series wins, that's true. However let's not pretend the Wings are fun to watch the the Oilers aren't. This Edmonton team is poised to do something special in the next few years.
I'm not saying that the Wings were fun to watch, but being an Edmonton fan for the 10 years prior to McDavid has to be at the same level as our one pathetic season. Pretty easy for a Edmonton fan to have empathy for a Wings fan I'd imagine. Instead he decided to throw stones through glass.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'm not saying that the Wings were fun to watch, but being an Edmonton fan for the 10 years prior to McDavid has to be at the same level as our one pathetic season. Pretty easy for a Edmonton fan to have empathy for a Wings fan I'd imagine. Instead he decided to throw stones through glass.

It's been rough in Edmonton, that is for sure. Brighter days are here I think. Oilers still need a #1 goaltender IMHO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad