FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.17 - Bored, Now. Make another Trade Happen, Nonis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
P.S. the reason I also like Tinordi is quite a bit of his passion he plays with and would be a nice partner with say someone like Rielly who can go crazy in the offensive zone tinordi can make more space with his huge body.

friend of mine is a crazy Habs fan. Most biased guy I have ever met. He has season tickets to the Bulldogs. Shocked me when he said he didn't think Tinordi would be a good nhl'r. Worried about his skating. And he thinks every hab and prospect is the 2nd coming. So be careful what you wish for

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Bergevin was at the Marlies game today.. Probably scouting some of our prospects to see if there is a fit for a 1v1 swap for either Thomas, or Bournival..

I wonder if they'd do either:

Abott for Bournival
Or
McKegg for Thomas

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
No I really don't see how it would be much different. He won't be coming free and they won't trade him for the scrubs you guys are bantering about

Gardiner + Is not really scrubs though.. Its not like we are trading Holzer or anything for him. He would cost a pretty penny and rightfully so

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He would be perfect for our finally new rebuild :yo:.

He has been under utilized with Hall being on the 1st line. He is playing anywhere from 10 minutes a night to being scratched the next.

His talent is there, you can see it when he is on his game. Game breaking speed, a great shot up close. Puck handling along the boards and underrated passing technique.

I think he would cost a fair price.

Good 22-26 year old roster player + Draft Pick + Prospect

Hey what about 2 1sts and a 2nd? How bad could that bite us?
Seriously no to Yak. We've been down this road of instant gratification. Never works for us. Not a position to build around. How about we draft our own guys. You know like a rebuild?

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Bergevin was at the Marlies game today.. Probably scouting some of our prospects to see if there is a fit for a 1v1 swap for either Thomas, or Bournival..

I wonder if they'd do either:

Abott for Bournival
Or
McKegg for Thomas

Or Connor Brown? Ugh

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Yakupov would be an interesting pickup and if Kessel isn't traded, he would be the perfect mentor. Similar undersized forward, with similar skill set.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Yakupov would be an interesting pickup and if Kessel isn't traded, he would be the perfect mentor. Similar undersized forward, with similar skill set.

Mentor? Wtf
I want kessel no where near a guy like yak

He actually plays physical and competes

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie

As much as Kessel has been the cog on our team for 6 years now, it is time he moves on as sadly as that is. His jerseys have sold more in Toronto since Sundin and Cujo era. He has been out top offensive player for the whole time and has been our heart beat for points.

Its time for a clean and happy divorce and for him to move on with his career in the right way

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Re: Yakupov

He is starting to figure it out. Just scored a beauty today. Has points in 5 straight games. But forget the points, since Eakins left his game has really come around under Nelson. I don't know why but he's starting to figure out about space and time. Before he just seemed to skate as hard and that was it. Now he seems to understand about putting himself in position to receive passes and about angles etc. Kid may turn into what people projected after all

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
How about you put down the Names I put down next to the ones you think are equivalent not even close.

all 3 of Eberle, Purcell, Nitkanen don't = Jvr and Phanuef... Not the same not even close and you know it.

A top line winger for a top line winger is a hockey trade. That's there. A top pairing D men signed with term, a goalie to fill a need, a depth player to fill a need for a top prospect and a late first is an overpayment from the Leafs thank you very much.

You are out of your mind... I did it twice.
Hall is better than Kessel ...younger and scores the same
Eberle is younger and has outscored JVR every season they have been in the NHL, so, no clue how you undervalue him vs JVR ...all JVR has on Eberle is height
Purcell is as valuable as Bozak
Nikitin is Not as good as Phaneuf ...but makes 2.5 less And is on a short term
Scrivens and Reimer have similar value... Scrivens playing ahead of Reimer in the WCs when it counted says a lot
Draisaitl was picked 5 spots before Nylander
The Pitt pick is better than the Nas pick

...so, other than Phaneuf, the Oilers players are all at least as good, or superior.
Is that clear enough yet?

...mind you, you never said if you would make the deal, with the more valuable Oiler pieces though did you? Although you would expect the Oilers to take the Leafs offer.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Mentor? Wtf
I want kessel no where near a guy like yak

He actually plays physical and competes

Agreed the one thing Yakupov does better then Kessel is take contact. He can lay the body very well for a guy his size, one of the reasons I like the player he is or can be. He is like Kadri when he plays physical,he plays a better overall game.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
If you think a player who is 2nd in 5v5 scoring in last 4 years doesn't compete then you're delusional.

This past stretch has pretty much confirmed for me that kessel has thrived in a system where. He could cheat on defensive responsibilities. To the detriment of the team and hanging the d out to dry...but yeah he scored a lot

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
But we would go in with Yakupov being part of the rebuild.. That is the key word here REBUILD.. when we got Kessel it was just Kessel and a bunch of scrubs for a while. Yakupov would be part of the army instead of a lone wolf sniper

You will damn well know we will stay the HELL away from Yakupov. I don't get why people are high on him but I see him as the second coming of Radulov. People hate Kessel but want yaks? YIKES!

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
This past stretch has pretty much confirmed for me that kessel has thrived in a system where. He could cheat on defensive responsibilities. To the detriment of the team and hanging the d out to dry...but yeah he scored a lot

You know he did score 36 goals on a Boston team which is known for its responsible defensive system.

And you are saying Kessel is bad on a 25 game sample size while completely disregarding 4 seasons of good play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad