FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.17 - Bored, Now. Make another Trade Happen, Nonis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
start the damn rebuild already. sheesh. we can't afford to keep getting points. :shakehead

trade winnik and santorelli ASAP. they play way too hard and are always looking to win.

get rid of franson and some of the core players by the deadline.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Yeah, Franson, Santo and Winnik are all putting way too much effort into trying to win. The sooner they can't help us get stupid, meaningless points the better.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Assuming the Leafs did trade for Mike Richards I saw comments and let's say Dion Phaneuf was involved in the trade, I saw some comments from others on the trade forums that said the Leafs would need to retain some salary. Shouldn't it be the other way with Los Angeles retaining some of Richards salary? After all they were the ones who placed him on waivers and sent him to the AHL. So it's obvious they want to trade him and how can they have any negotiating leverage when it comes to trade talks?

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Assuming the Leafs did trade for Mike Richards I saw comments and let's say Dion Phaneuf was involved in the trade, I saw some comments from others on the trade forums that said the Leafs would need to retain some salary. Shouldn't it be the other way with Los Angeles retaining some of Richards salary? After all they were the ones who placed him on waivers and sent him to the AHL. So it's obvious they want to trade him and how can they have any negotiating leverage when it comes to trade talks?

That's just HF and the hilarious undervaluing of anything Leafs. LA wouldn't need to retain but they would need to part with a solid young asset to make the deal worth it from a Toronto standpoint

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That's just HF and the hilarious undervaluing of anything Leafs. LA wouldn't need to retain but they would need to part with a solid young asset to make the deal worth it from a Toronto standpoint
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Tyler Toffoli and their 1st round pick for the Leafs taking Richards off their hands, however I also think that's asking for a lot.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Why do the Leafs have to take back Mike Richards for Phaneuf? There's plenty of teams who can take him on at full salary. Teams are starved for D. If we are taking on Richards, we better get Toffoli or Pearson at MINIMUM.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
If the Leafs trade Phaneuf for Richards and only get a single prospect/draft pick out of the deal then I'm going to become a Buffalo fan.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Tyler Toffoli and their 1st round pick for the Leafs taking Richards off their hands, however I also think that's asking for a lot.

I would totally do that. Toffoli looks like he's going to be solid, and their first this year might be in a non playoff position. More lottery balls for us. Not sure the Kings would pull the trigger though. One thing for certain though is that if we want a top 5 pick, Nonis is gonna have to start shipping some bodies out and fast.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Why do the Leafs have to take back Mike Richards for Phaneuf? There's plenty of teams who can take him on at full salary. Teams are starved for D. If we are taking on Richards, we better get Toffoli or Pearson at MINIMUM.

i honestly don't like idea of richards and clarkson being on the same team for the same length of time. like you said, rather trade phaneuf to another team than LA. dont want anything to do with richards.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Apparently Detroit just threw their hat in the ring if the post before yours is true. They've got some shiny guys we could take...

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I would totally do that. Toffoli looks like he's going to be solid, and their first this year might be in a non playoff position. More lottery balls for us. Not sure the Kings would pull the trigger though. One thing for certain though is that if we want a top 5 pick, Nonis is gonna have to start shipping some bodies out and fast.
Plus last year prior to the trade deadline it was reported that Nonis was willing to trade Joffrey Lupul to acquire him, however as we all know Los Angeles instead traded for Marian Gaborik.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Plus last year prior to the trade deadline it was reported that Nonis was willing to trade Joffrey Lupul to acquire him, however as we all know Los Angeles instead traded for Marian Gaborik.

Would be a good trade for us. As crappy as Richards is he would make a good mentor methinks. Plus when we move out some other contracts, the cap space won't be as necessary

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Would be a good trade for us. As crappy as Richards is he would make a good mentor methinks. Plus when we move out some other contracts, the cap space won't be as necessary

Except Lupul actually has value. Richards does not.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Sportsnet ‏@Sportsnet 1m1 minute ago
The Penguins are reportedly willing to move one of their young defencemen for the right piece. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/penguins-willing-to-part-with-young-defensemen/

EVAN PEASLEE FEBRUARY 14, 2015, 10:18 PM
The Pittsburgh Penguins have a bevy of young defensemen in their system and they may be willing to parlay one of those for a veteran presence on the blueline, according to Sportsnet’s Damien Cox on Hockey Night in Canada.

"Pittsburgh they’d like to get a veteran defenceman, and might be willing to part with one of their really impressive younger guys," said Cox.
The three defencemen Cox specifically mentioned were Brian Dumoulin, Scott Harrington, and Derrick Pouliot. All of them are 23 or younger and were taken in the first two rounds of the NHL draft in recent years.
However, with the Penguins just $791,000 away from the salary cap, according to nhlnumbers.com, they will have to send money the other way if a deal were to take place.
According to Cox, forward Steve Downie is a possibility to be traded after he was made a healthy scratch in Thursday’s contest against the Ottawa Senators.
Downie is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season and without his $1 million salary cap hit, it may be enough to provide relief for the Penguins if they were to pull the trigger on a trade for a veteran blueliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad