FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.15 - I'm Running Out of Thread Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Bern-yay or nay?

Nay all the way. For a decent return you have to do it considering we are pretty much in a partial rebuild at the very least. Reimers offers good enough tending to see us through that and he has been a loyal soldier. He can handle the criticism unlike Bernier who was frustrated at the cheers on his 1st save after his Toskala moment.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Like I was saying, there is no chance a team with either 1 or 2 will trade down. So all the our crap and our first to Edmonton for theirs won't happen. They will want one of Rielly or Nylander coming back with that pick minimum, so in other words, not happening.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I was mostly giving Bert a nice thread title.

I don't believe for a second the Leafs are ready to move Bernier at all. It makes no sense, unless Bernier asked to be traded, which also seems far fetched. With that said, if Schneider was able to get a top 10, Bernier could be around the same price tag.

I have a feeling Nonis will go on a TSN or SN Radio shortly to deny the allegations.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I just hope Bernier, Franson, Winnik, and Santa do not get hurt before Mar 2. It would be a shame if an injury polaxed a potential deal to improve this team. Hope Dion gets healthy too, soon, if he is moving.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I just hope Bernier, Franson, Winnik, and Santa do not get hurt before Mar 2. It would be a shame if an injury polaxed a potential deal to improve this team. Hope Dion gets healthy too, soon, if he is moving.

I hope Bozak doesn't pull his hamstring either. He's got a history of those.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
More trade rumours. Sounds like a housecleaning of the roster.

Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: Trade rumors in Toronto have intensified. Cody Franson and Daniel Winnik are linked to many Western Conference teams. Tyler Bozak, Mike Santorelli, Korbinian Holzer, Jake Gardiner and Nazem Kadri could be traded. Dion Phaneuf and Phil Kessel could be had for the right price. If one of Phaneuf or Kessel are traded, it will likely happen in the offseason.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
he wants to win... it wont happen here. he deserves better tbh

I said it made sense last month, and all I got was blasted for saying this. Again, ahead of the game here. I am actually excited about this. Cox really adds some validity to the other sportscasters saying it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
So Holland and Smith become our 1 and 2 Centers? Nice.

Keep Kadri, nothing wrong with our young homegrown C being our 2nd line center.

Hopefully, Mcdavid, Eichel or Strome will be our #1 or #2 C next year. Really I am tired about talking about mediocrities down the middle with this team.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Hopefully, Mcdavid, Eichel or Strome will be our #1 or #2 C next year. Really I am tired about talking about mediocrities down the middle with this team.

in a best case scenario you would start them at #2 C, or #3 C

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
he wants to win... it wont happen here. he deserves better tbh

He deserves better? Why? He wanted a chance to be a starter, he came here, and was given opportunity to be said starter, what 'better' does he deserve? (a better team? )

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
He deserves better? Why? He wanted a chance to be a starter, he came here, and was given opportunity to be said starter, what 'better' does he deserve? (a better team? )

yes, a better team

we won a LOT of games solely because of him.. i would be fed up by continually getting outshot while my team barely fires shots at the opponents net.

not to mention our defence is horrible, as are our forwards defensively.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
yes, a better team

we won a LOT of games solely because of him.. i would be fed up by continually getting outshot while my team barely fires shots at the opponents net.

not to mention our defence is horrible, as are our forwards defensively.

You act like he works for free. He deserves to win no more or no less than any other players do.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto

Nothing mediocre about Kadri being in the #2 slot long-term. He and Holland provide a good middle-6 C combination for the kind of stage we're about to go through as an organization. They're young, still have potential, and already fit fairly comfortably in their roles. What we certainly do hope for is for Nylander, Gauthier and potentially our top pick this year starting to push these guys ahead of them and create sustainability down the middle.

As long as you're not expecting an elite #1 within the next year or so, Kadri, Nylander, Holland and Gauthier are not bad long-term pieces at C.

There aren't many Centers that are better than Kadri that are likely available. It's difficult to imagine a plausible scenario where trading him doesn't make us much more mediocre down the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad