Rumor: FA signings, Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VI: Goaltending Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
If I were Mac T.. and obviously.. I'm not. I'd be targeting Neuvirth or Reimer. Price would be steep (Klefbom, Marincin) and a pick (3,4), but pleeease not Brian Elliott.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
I think Labarbera as a the no. 2 goalie was a mistake when they weren't sure about Dubnyk to begin with.

I would rather have Bryzgalov as the 1B goalie even.

I agree. I know im in the extreme minority, but I think we have enough strong personalities that Bryz's antics wouldn't be anymore negative to the team than the horrible job our current goalies are doing.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Larsson schneider for dub and yakopov is about as close as anyone has came on the main board. I would want a OEL for Yakopov though that is just me.

To the board thing bogy ladd for hall THAT WAS HALL PLUS A PICK FROM YOU LMAO. haha.

To the guy talking lindback. Well tampa has a lot of good younger goalies now and could bring up desjardins for the year move gudlevskis to ahl from echl and let helenius run the team which he has honestly shown me is better than dejardins in long term. At this point I would give away lindback for a fourth rounder honestly but that is a huge loss just we are not resigning him next year in my opinion so might as well get something for him and he will not play 30 games without injuries for us after what he has shown last two seasons.

We have vasi coming from russia next year so helenius is gonna move up to tampa probably with gudlevskis backing up vasilevskis our legit number one goalie of the future in AHL.

I get you guys are sick of losing and see other canadian teams winning now.

Yet you are in a better long term position you got a group of young studs top 6 guys set up with long term deals. Who are just coming into their own capabilities. So you need to shore up a couple D spots got a couple of studs coming there too IMO. Got to get a goalie and some grit guys for third and fourth lines. Those guys will become available so you tank a year or two.

Is not end of world is better than losing the core you are going to have in my opinion so unless someone offers a deal you cant refuse those top 5 guys shouldnt come into the equation.

Have faith other kids are gonna step up this year in AHL for you that you can use as pieces or you trade some picks futures etc.. for vital needs IE goalie keeps sucking is some guys available though I would think a heck of a lot cheaper than a hall rnh eberle nail am missing one lol but you get my point I hope.

The larsson schneider thing would work cause larsson projects to be a true number one. Schneider also but is a risk and I think you have a stud in yakopov so I hold him and do other things to make this work:)

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
It's sad if management has Eakins on such a short leash. Arguably, the biggest problem for the Oilers this season has been goaltending. Maybe you could argue it's team defence or something like that, but goaltending is the obvious pick. Offence has not been bad. Benching Smyth and Yakupov is not why the Oilers are losing.

Goaltending is also the position that head coaches probably influence the least. Eakins probably has little or nothing to do with Dubnyk being the starter in Edmonton, or even Labarbara being the backup. I'm assuming he doesn't tell them much if anything about technique. Arguably he can motivate them, but that's about it.

Sorry, but if the Oilers fire Eakins because of this horrendous goaltending, I just think it's a terrible idea. I don't know if Eakins is the problem, and I also don't think it's fair to say given this awful goaltending the team has been getting. The guy deserves some more games.

I think Eakins job is very safe at this point. Honestly, the team is playing well and its only a matter of time til we start getting wins. Look at Toronto, exact opposite situation right now, they are getting wins while getting outplayed.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I agree. I know im in the extreme minority, but I think we have enough strong personalities that Bryz's antics wouldn't be anymore negative to the team than the horrible job our current goalies are doing.

I think it's one of the issues with our management -- we've become too obsessed with having a locker room of "nice" personalities.

We should have been on Seguin's trail *hard* in the summer. Bryzgalov was always a better option than Labarbera too IMO.

Calgary McOilers

Sep 13, 2008
Calgary
I think Labarbera as a the no. 2 goalie was a mistake when they weren't sure about Dubnyk to begin with.

I would rather have Bryzgalov as the 1B goalie even.

I agree with the Bryzgalov suggestion.

Did anyone notice how Labarbera reacted after giving up that first Pens goal last night? Then it happened again when he thought he let in a 2nd goal a few short minutes later (only to be saved by one of his dman, who cleared it out of the danger area while he was pouting and out of position). He has no confidence and gets down on himself. Just as mentally weak as Dubnyk. Huge RED FLAGS at the state of this team's goaltending tandem.

The best scenario right now is to just put Dubnyk back in goal and let him sink or swim for the next 10 games or so. It can't get any worse at this point. Labarbera won't steal any game(s) for you.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
What's a reasonable amount to put on the table for Ryan Miller?

Nothing stupid like moving Yakupov.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Larsson schneider for dub and yakopov is about as close as anyone has came on the main board. I would want a OEL for Yakopov though that is just me.

To the board thing bogy ladd for hall THAT WAS HALL PLUS A PICK FROM YOU LMAO. haha.

To the guy talking lindback. Well tampa has a lot of good younger goalies now and could bring up desjardins for the year move gudlevskis to ahl from echl and let helenius run the team which he has honestly shown me is better than dejardins in long term. At this point I would give away lindback for a fourth rounder honestly but that is a huge loss just we are not resigning him next year in my opinion so might as well get something for him and he will not play 30 games without injuries for us after what he has shown last two seasons.

We have vasi coming from russia next year so helenius is gonna move up to tampa probably with gudlevskis backing up vasilevskis our legit number one goalie of the future in AHL.

I get you guys are sick of losing and see other canadian teams winning now.

Yet you are in a better long term position you got a group of young studs top 6 guys set up with long term deals. Who are just coming into their own capabilities. So you need to shore up a couple D spots got a couple of studs coming there too IMO. Got to get a goalie and some grit guys for third and fourth lines. Those guys will become available so you tank a year or two.

Is not end of world is better than losing the core you are going to have in my opinion so unless someone offers a deal you cant refuse those top 5 guys shouldnt come into the equation.

Have faith other kids are gonna step up this year in AHL for you that you can use as pieces or you trade some picks futures etc.. for vital needs IE goalie keeps sucking is some guys available though I would think a heck of a lot cheaper than a hall rnh eberle nail am missing one lol but you get my point I hope.

The larsson schneider thing would work cause larsson projects to be a true number one. Schneider also but is a risk and I think you have a stud in yakopov so I hold him and do other things to make this work:)

I'm guessing you don't hang around the main boards too often. This type of level headed assessment is unheard of on the main boards, as well as these ones to be quite honest.

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013

IMO I think our 2014 first should be more than enough to acquire him now.

However, I'd prefer it to be conditional on his re-signing with us (add in a prospect in this case, Musil-level preferably), but I don't know what an acceptable offer for a one season goalie rental would be. Two 2nds?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

I think you can get Miller for a prospect and a 3rd rounder. The need for goalies in our conference is not as great as our own need right now, so I don't think the competition is as fierce as it might be. The fact he's older and a UFA at the end of the season plays into our hands for a cheaper return. Buffalo is on their way to moving out high priced vets and blowing things up for youth and picks. However, no way do I do this without a trade and sign agreement.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nick Schultz + Labarbera + EDM conditional 1st 2014 (if he resigns, becomes EDM 3rd 2015 if unsigned).

for

Ryan Miller + 4th round pick or something.

We have to send some salary back Buffalo's way. I'm assuming the only way we resign him is if we make the playoffs and everything goes great anyway, in which case the 2014 1st couldn't be too high.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
IMO I think our 2014 first should be more than enough to acquire him now.

However, I'd prefer it to be conditional on his re-signing with us (add in a prospect in this case, Musil-level preferably), but I don't know what an acceptable offer for a one season goalie rental would be. Two 2nds?

Firstly, we don't have two 2nd rounders. Secondly, no way should we be giving up that 1st rounder until we are solidly a playoff contender. If that somehow turns into a lottery pick, that would be insane. Huge difference between giving up a 20th pick as opposed to a 3rd overall.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
hedman is our number one I would move him for Weber or a legit top 5 defender which means not a scoring only defender lol.

Otherwise he is off limits. We need a true shut down power house RH D with some scoring top line power play upside to be honest to pair with Hedman pretty badly.

Once we have that we might be quite dangerous:)

Girardi is a guy whom tampa would want.

To move hedman we got to have a weber suter pietrangelo type coming back honestly and yes we would add a lot but for that type you do that:)

We have some high hopes on D prospects they are just too far away and we need to pair someone with Hedman not move him.

We are not rebuilding really we are legit playoff contender. We are only going to get more solid as year goes on so moving core stamkos marty valtteri hedman are really far fetched.

We have guys like yakopov in connolly and kucherov coming maybe not as good but up there in conversation so is not a need.

Our needs is a true number 1-2 d guy hopefully RH shut down capable physical and can score in 30's. Maybe another defender but looks like prospects will handle that.

Sustr looks awesome for us in Tampa so far and Korobov is being a monster in AHL.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=434227

How are the Edmonton Oilers reacting to their poor goaltending to start the season?

Bob McKenzie: Devan Dubnyk's sub-par performance on Saturday night against the Toronto Maple Leafs does not have Oilers general manager Craig MacTavish pushing the panic button, but it does have him reaching for the telephone.

As early as Sunday, MacTavish has been working the phones and working them hard to determine the market for goaltenders. They are looking at every possibility, from Anaheim's Jonas Hiller to Buffalo's Ryan Miller to Brian Elliott in St. Louis to Michal Neuvirth in Washington and beyond.

There isn't anything the Edmonton Oilers aren't at least looking at or considering, but we are to believe that nothing is imminent at this point. Part of the problem the Oilers are going to run into is that most of these teams don't want to make a deal this early in the season and give up one of their surplus goaltenders until they get a better handle on their own situation.

Darren Dreger: The Buffalo Sabres were hoping to wait until at least Christmas before they could assess and if you look at Ryan Miller, yes he would be a good fit for the Edmonton Oilers they need that bonafide number one, but contractually he has a modified no-trade, he has the opportunity to pick up to eight teams where he won't accept a trade.

Edmonton could be on that list. Regardless, if they aren't on the list and there is potential for a trade with Anaheim or Buffalo, the Oilers are getting to the point where they realize they're going to have to give up one of their young guns.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nick Schultz + Labarbera + EDM conditional 1st 2014 (if he resigns, becomes EDM 3rd 2015 if unsigned).

for

Ryan Miller + 4th round pick or something.

We have to send some salary back Buffalo's way. I'm assuming the only way we resign him is if we make the playoffs and everything goes great anyway, in which case the 2014 1st couldn't be too high.

There isn't much incentive for Buffalo to make that trade. At this point if they don't get a first or a 2nd and a decent prospect why would they move him? Especially if they are taking back similar salary.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
A good trade for you might be detroit not tampa.

Detroit would give you tootoo and quincey for picks minor pieces I am positive of that they would also maybe give up monster gustavsson who just won two games and really played well. They have mrazek and another guy who seem close to ready and back ups for howard of the future etc..

Tootoo would give you that winger power forward hitter lower line guy 3rd or 4th and quincey could be a top 4 for you for sure. Gustavsson has shown even with bad defensive play to be maybe a great back up. So if you still have problems could look at that.

Detroit is gonna be in cap hell Helm is back on Saturdy I believe it is and needs to clear a couple million.

Might even waive Tootoo. Detroit also has a TON of good very good D prospects available to help trades guys which all have offense or are legit shut down types ready in next 2-3 years. They have much better D talent pool imo than legit top 6 guys.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
A good trade for you might be detroit not tampa.

Detroit would give you tootoo and quincey for picks minor pieces I am positive of that they would also maybe give up monster gustavsson who just won two games and really played well. They have mrazek and another guy who seem close to ready and back ups for howard of the future etc..

Tootoo would give you that winger power forward hitter lower line guy 3rd or 4th and quincey could be a top 4 for you for sure. Gustavsson has shown even with bad defensive play to be maybe a great back up. So if you still have problems could look at that.

Detroit is gonna be in cap hell Helm is back on Saturdy I believe it is and needs to clear a couple million.

Might even waive Tootoo. Detroit also has a TON of good very good D prospects available to help trades guys which all have offense or are legit shut down types ready in next 2-3 years. They have much better D talent pool imo than legit top 6 guys.

We don't want Tootoo, Quincey, or Gustavson. They are not upgrades. Quincey is a wreck in his own zone. Tootoo is garbage, and Gustavson is no more proven than Dubnyk.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything

For one, Dubnyk would have to go the other way for roster and cap purposes (I can't see them wanting Labarbera despite the fact that he's playing better ATM). I would think they'd want a player they could add to the lineup now who could be a long term option (aka - no soon-to-be UFAs). I know the Sabres have a lot of defensemen, but most of their top 4 guys are RD (Myers, McBain, Pysyk, Ristolainen). I could see them having interest in Smid. He's young enough to be a future lynchpin and he's signed to a long term contract. He's also a legit top 4 defenseman and something that can help them now.

I know the Sabres need forwards more, but all of our forwards are either Nye-untouchable, pending UFAs, checkers, or 4th liners. Gagner is the only conceivably movable piece up front that I could see them wanting, but it would be hard to move him for a UFA goalie.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
We don't want Tootoo, Quincey, or Gustavson. They are not upgrades. Quincey is a wreck in his own zone. Tootoo is garbage, and Gustavson is no more proven than Dubnyk.

Well I saw you guys asking for a gritty type of bottom line guy.

I personally love tootoo for detroit but he seems odd man out.

Quincey is not a bad player honestly he does just fine just not a 1-2 guy.

Gustavsson is 100% unproven but just played two incredible games and might be ready.

He is crazy hard to watch cause he flies around all over arms and legs for pucks but he just got it done.

So you take a guy on and you get an asset a great d prospect or a great top 6 prospect etc..

Detroit is in a hard spot was all I was saying so is suggestion.

Tootoo is not a scorer but as a hitter hard nosed player he does his job dammed well.

Quincey's salary is issue if was less he would be a lot more valuable.

I take it you dont watch a lot of detroit is really nothing wrong with quincey but salary. Detroit has plenty of pieces if quincey was issue in own zone he would be in press box. So you ask for salary.

You seemed to want to upgrade if you think those three have no worth so be it. I think they all have worth. Quincey solves detroits financial issue.

Tootoo I would keep if could. Gustavsson is better from what ive seen with detroit playing crappy of standing on his head and holding teams to not scoring. He was best player last two games. Doesnt mean he is legit number one but not giving up 4 goals either:)

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Well I saw you guys asking for a gritty type of bottom line guy.

I personally love tootoo for detroit but he seems odd man out.

Quincey is not a bad player honestly he does just fine just not a 1-2 guy.

Gustavsson is 100% unproven but just played two incredible games and might be ready.

He is crazy hard to watch cause he flies around all over arms and legs for pucks but he just got it done.

So you take a guy on and you get an asset a great d prospect or a great top 6 prospect etc..

Detroit is in a hard spot was all I was saying so is suggestion.

Tootoo is not a scorer but as a hitter hard nosed player he does his job dammed well.

Quincey's salary is issue if was less he would be a lot more valuable.

I take it you dont watch a lot of detroit is really nothing wrong with quincey but salary. Detroit has plenty of pieces if quincey was issue in own zone he would be in press box. So you ask for salary.

You seemed to want to upgrade if you think those three have no worth so be it. I think they all have worth. Quincey solves detroits financial issue.

Tootoo I would keep if could. Gustavsson is better from what ive seen with detroit playing crappy of standing on his head and holding teams to not scoring. He was best player last two games. Doesnt mean he is legit number one but not giving up 4 goals either:)

We have the same cap issues and we are at 49 contracts. Tootoo and Quincy are not the type of players we're after. If Gustavson was next to free sure, but we have an overabundance of 4th liners (Brown, Eager, Jones, Acton, Gazdic, MacinTyre). We have a bunch of offensive defensemen who are horrible in their own zone as well in Schultz and Grebeshkov.

You dont need to try sell us on players, we've seen Quincy and Tootoo probably close to 50 times each.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
if we can sign him to an extension, our 1st this year + klefbom + maybe a 3rd or mid-tier prospect

At that cost and our horrible start, you don't make that trade and offer a big contract to Miller, Lundqvist, Hiller or try out Scrivens in the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad