FA Game #4 by TP, RR, and IR4

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This is actually really bad. Going to be a ****ing pain figuring out the pro-rated cap hits. Does anyone know when the trade deadline was supposed to be and how long (in days) the season would have been had the games not been cancelled? ****.

I have a feeling if you go through with pro-rated cap hits the veto hammer is going to be coming out a lot for miscounted caps/teams going over their capspace because of this.

That being said I'm for it personally, flex my math skills. :laugh:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

TRADE BLOCK :
Tomas Plekanec
Tomas Kaberle
Rene Bourque
Francis Bouillon
Colby Armstrong
Yannick Weber
*Andrei Markov (maybe)

LOOKING FOR :
Young NHL players
Prospects
Picks

Leaning toward accepting an offer for Tomas Plekanec.

Taking final offers now since a decision will be made as soon as we will have a thread for the game.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

Trade Block:
Luongo
Raymond
Booth
Malhotra
Ballard
Edler- to some extent

Looking for:
#2/3 C
Top 6 Winger
4th line winger

Seems like the two players garnering the most attention are Mason Raymond and Alex Edler.

Raymond could go, but I dont value him as trash so don't bother with those types of offers. He is one of the quickest players in the game, an amazing PK'er, able to play all 3 forward positions, and has previously been a 25G, 50Pt forward.

Edler - It's going to take a whole lot to pry him from our team. This young 50point dman is growing into a solid #1 for most NHL teams, and I don't expect him to go unless it's for a Top line forward or a 2nd liner and a hefty prospect or pick.

Luongo - Offer away. Two teams in the chase but I'm waiting for some GMs to be more active as some teams I think might have an offer for him aren't quite up and running yet.
Edit: Make that 3 teams in the running for Bobby Lu as negotiations are heating up.

Last edited:

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
:bruins

We've received some decent offers so far for David Krejci. We're not looking to give him away, but would like an equal D-man or scoring winger for him.

Others on the block:

Nathan Horton
Andrew Ference
Tim Thomas

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

TRADE BLOCK :
Tomas Plekanec
Tomas Kaberle
Rene Bourque
Francis Bouillon
Colby Armstrong
Yannick Weber
*Andrei Markov (maybe)

LOOKING FOR :
Young NHL players
Prospects
Picks

Last reminder : Taking final offers for Tomas Plekanec.

He'll be traded as soon as the game will begin.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Last reminder : Taking final offers for Tomas Plekanec Roberto Luongo.

He'll be traded as soon as the game will begin.

See above. :naughty:

Lu has 3 teams in the mix although one has put themselves ahead of the pack. While I'm at work the lines are open for offers or improvements on previous ones but he will be moved quite shortly.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:bruins

Tim Thomas has received a bit of interest, if you're scared of Luongo's long contract. Timmy T may be your best option!

Ya, if you're scared of acquiring legitimate starting goalie next year - you should trade for guy who's taking a year off from hockey at 38, is a pending UFA, and who from all sounds of things is slowly losing his mind.

tim+thomas+underground+crazy+end+of+the+world+collapse.jpg

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I will actually post the thread today. To avoid a ****show with the large amount of newcomers and capgeek not having their daily tracker yet, we're going with the $70.2M cap max and NO pro-rated cap hits. Full cap hits will be moved. I'm not going to enforce a cap floor as a result.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I will actually post the thread today. To avoid a ****show with the large amount of newcomers and capgeek not having their daily tracker yet, we're going with the $70.2M cap max and NO pro-rated cap hits. Full cap hits will be moved. I'm not going to enforce a cap floor as a result.

Sounds good.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007

IIRC it is 40 days from trade deadline to the end of the year, and the full season is 185 days. To find out the daily cap hit, divide the players salary by 185, then multiply the answer by 145 (185-40), and that the pre trade deadline cap hit. Take the players whole salary, and subtract the pre trade deadline salary to find out what the remaining cap hit is.

Ex:

I move player X who's cap hit for the year is $7,000,000.

$7,000,000/185 = $37,837.83
$37,837.83 * 145 = $5,486,485 (team that traded player X's cap hit for the former part of the season)
$7,000,000 - $5,486,485 = $1,513,515 (team that acquired player X's cap hit for remainder of year)

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
IIRC it is 40 days from trade deadline to the end of the year, and the full season is 185 days. To find out the daily cap hit, divide the players salary by 185, then multiply the answer by 145 (185-40), and that the pre trade deadline cap hit. Take the players whole salary, and subtract the pre trade deadline salary to find out what the remaining cap hit is.

Ex:

I move player X who's cap hit for the year is $7,000,000.

$7,000,000/185 = $37,837.83
$37,837.83 * 145 = $5,486,485 (team that traded player X's cap hit for the former part of the season)
$7,000,000 - $5,486,485 = $1,513,515 (team that acquired player X's cap hit for remainder of year)

I know that's how it's done. In fact that's what we used to do before capgeek built the daily tracker. But with this being the first game in a while and there being a bunch of new GMs, we're not going to do it.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

Booth, Raymond, Higgins, Hansen, Malhotra.

We've got a glut of guys playing on our 2nd and 3rd lines that we'd love to bundle with picks/prospects for an improvement on 2nd line wing.

Prospects:
1st 2013
2nd 2013
Jordan Schroeder
Anton Rodin
Patrick McNally
Joe Cannata
etc. etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad