FA Game #3 by TP, RR, and IR4

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:caps Keith Ballard

:nucks 3rd in 2013 + Patrick Wey

Capitals have traded for Keith Ballard. He's had a tough time in Vancouver and we hope a scenery change will benefit Keith's play.

:nucks confirm.

Ballard quite simply was not a good fit on our team and we feel his cap hit could be better utilized. We wish Keith all the best in Washington.

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
:rangers

Considering the lack of good d-men available in this years UFA crop, the Rangers have made Anton Stralman available for a 3rd '13. PM me if interested. Solid #5 at 25 years old. Good puck mover who can play on your PP.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
:bruins

Our roster heading into FA looks like this

Milan Lucic -- Patrice Bergeron -- Nathan Horton

Brad Marchand -- Tyler Seguin -- Rich Peverley

Jaden Schwartz -- Patrik Berglund -- Benoit Pouliot

Daniel Paille -- Greg Campbell -- Shawn Thornton

Jordan Caron

Zdeno Chara -- Johnny Boychuk

Dennis Seidenberg -- Greg Zanon

Andrew Ference -- Adam McQuaid

Dougie Hamilton

Tim Thomas

Tuuka Rask

We're looking to add a top-6 winger and offload Ference, Thomas and Horton

CupWanted

Memories of better days
Mar 4, 2008
Scott Hannan will sign at 6pm if no new offers come in. Cost is 2 yrs 1.75 mil or better. Same goes for Sheldon Souray. 1 yr 3 mil or better.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Is it just me, or does this UFA process need to be sped up? Guys like Hannan and Souray should be signing after the big names. Nobody is going to make them offers when there is still a chance they can sign the big fish.

Last edited:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Anton Stralman has been dealt to the New York Islanders in exchange for a 2013 3rd '13. We would like to thank Anton for his help this past season but feel that with the addition of Rundblad and the maturation of Erixon, we can let him go.

We turned an un-signed FA who we signed in October into a valuable asset that could return a solid rental at the deadline of need be.

NYI 3rd '13

:isles
Anton Stralman

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Still waiting to hear back on a Parise offer.

Of course, this long weekend probably isn't the most productive time for an online mock draft/free agency bonanza.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Would make things much easier if first tier FA's signed within 24-48 hours, then the other shoes could drop...

Exactly. Everyone is going to go after Parise/Suter off the bat, waiting around for days for additional offers on them seems rather pointless. Once those guys have signed, teams will go to their plan B's.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Trade

To :bruins
G Corey Crawford
C Marcus Kruger

To :hawks
G Tim Thomas

Hawks are pretty happy to acquire Thomas for such little cost ,, We feel he gives us an upgrade in net for coming season

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks appear to be done for offseason

2012-13 team

Stalberg-Toews-Sharp
Saad-Anisimov-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Carcillo-Shaw-Burish
(Paradis)

Keith-Seabrook
Staal-Leddy
Hjalmarsson-Montador
(Stanton)

Thomas
Emery

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If anyone is interested in a goon swap, Bissonnette is on the block. He's free press and can sell merch.

Personally, I feel he's a half decent hockey player(in the defensive zone only) and he wins more fights than he loses. Dave Tippett obviously has no faith in him, though, and we might be able to use a goon that can forecheck a little, and get a few more shifts from DT.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I haven't heard back from XXXXXXXX's (don't count the X's, they're random) agent, and he has multiple biddings... not sure if i have to raise my bid or not. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad