FA Game #3 by TL, T_Cage, RR, and IR4

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
UFA D-men update:

Adrian Aucoin: most likely will sign by the end of the day, get your offers in!

Sergei Gonchar: same as Aucoin!

Jordan Leopold: Same as above!

Notable UFA's with no offers: Andy Sutton, Mike Mottau, Carlo Colaiocavo, Kurtis Foster, Mike Van Ryn, Garnet Exelby, Joe Corvo, Milan Jurcina.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Frolov may be signing a very interesting deal shortly.

Cullen has almost made up his mind. One team has shown great interest and a great fit for him despite the dollars not being as high as originally estimated.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
:flyers and :wings have reached a deal

To :flyers-C/LW Darren Helm, LW Justin Abdelkader

To :wings-COL 1st 11

We think Darren is a perfect fit for our 3rd line and adds a solid defensive presence to our team. He's a good PK guy as well who can chip in offense, giving is a very deep offensive team. Abdelkader is a guy we really like who will battle with Dan Carcillo for the 4th line LW spot. We really like what Colorado has done this offseason, so we don't think that pick will be very high.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007

We think Darren is a perfect fit for our 3rd line and adds a solid defensive presence to our team. He's a good PK guy as well who can chip in offense, giving is a very deep offensive team. Abdelkader is a guy we really like who will battle with Dan Carcillo for the 4th line LW spot. We really like what Colorado has done this offseason, so we don't think that pick will be very high.

:wings confirm

More moves coming up.

Will have a conference once those moves are finished

Detroit has signed a pair of UFAs. Details on UFA page

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007

I really think Philly wins this trade, by quite a margin. Gator and Helm are both up-and coming players who are already NHL regulars. The pick will be a late first.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
:wings

We are done in FA with signing of Frolov and Jokinen (details on the UFA page)

We are sad to see Helm and Abdelkader go, however this was a necessary move to acquire Alex and Olli.

I promised Nick (Lidstrom) that I will build a strong team for the cup.

We think we have done just that, and with this line up we are ready to compete with any team.

Detroit's final roster

Frolov - Datsyuk - Heatley
Franzen - Zetterberg - Jokinen
Lisin - Cleary - Eaves
Miller - Draper - Ritola

Lidstrom - Stuart
Rafalski - Mitchell
Ericsson - Kindl

Howard, Osgood

or
Franzen - Zetterberg - Datsyuk
Frolov - Jokinen - Heatley

Also with many picks in next year's draft (extra 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2 5ths), we are confident that we can find talents.

2010 - JOEY HISHON, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
2011 - 1, 1(via Avs via Flayers) , 2, 2 (via Rangers), 3, 3 (via Rangers), 4, 5 (via Rangers), 5(via Flyers), 5, 6

Our prospect pool got stronger by addition of Kundratek D Sexsmith G, without losing any one.

PROSPECTS
1. Tatar LW
2. Smith, Brendan D
3. McCollum G
4. Nyquist LW
5. Ferraro C
6. Mursak RW
7. Emmerton C
8. Joakim Andersson C
9. Lashoff D
10. Kundratek D
11. Sexsmith G
12. Nestrasil RW
13. Pare RW
14. Pyett D
15. Raedeke C
15. Nicastro D

Last edited:

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I really think Philly wins this trade, by quite a margin. Gator and Helm are both up-and coming players who are already NHL regulars. The pick will be a late first.

Yeah. If you take only this trade than not very good for Red Wings.
But if you look at whole FA I think the trade makes sense.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
To be completely honest, I'd rather have Helm and Abdelkader than Frolov and Jokinen.

I don't really know about that.
I guess if you think future than maybe. Even than Helm is great 3rd liner and Abdelkader is great 3rd/4th liner.

I know Frolov and Jokinen are only 1 year deals but I wanted to make a good team on Lidstrom's most likely final year.

I think Helm and Abdelkader can be replaced by prospects and picks (many)

EDIT: I will be out probably until tomorrow noon. Although I will most likely stick to my current roster, I will listen if you leave PM.

Last edited:

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I guess if you think future than maybe. Even than Helm is great 3rd liner and Abdelkader is great 3rd/4th liner.

I know Frolov and Jokinen are only 1 year deals but I wanted to make a good team on Lidstrom's most likely final year.

It is the negatives that Frolov and Jokinen bring to a team that would have me prefer the other two. But again, that's just me.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007

Definitely a risk, but I can understand the reasoning behind it.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
It is the negatives that Frolov and Jokinen bring to a team that would have me prefer the other two. But again, that's just me.

Perhaps the "Detroit Red Wing mentality" can override the character issues of Frolov and Jokinen. If any team can handle headcases, it's the Red Wings

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:sens

Have signed Adrian Aucoin to a 2 year deal with a NMC. We're are happy to bring the Ottawa boy home where he will play a prominent role on the team.

Also, David Dziurzynski, Jeff Costello, Corey Cowick, Kaspar Daugavins, Emil Sandin and Igor Makarov are all available for picks in later years. After that the Sens will be done their off-season.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Los Angeles Kings - 2010 Offseason in Review

:kings

After being knocked out of the playoffs in the first round by the Vancouver Canucks, a series that went to 6 games, the Kings GM had a pretty good idea of the issues he needed to address in the offseason. Beginning with the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, held in front of our hometown crowd, the Kings GM brought excitement to the fans, twice moving up in the draft, all the way from the 19th pick to the 8th selection. The Kings crossed their fingers, and were thrilled to step up to the podium and take scoring winger Brett Connolly from the Prince George Cougars of the WHL. We knew that Brett has had injury troubles over the past year, but we felt that his high end potential was too good to pass up. The Kings also managed to swap 2nd round draft picks in a trade with Dallas which also saw Jamie Benn and Philip Larsen head to LA, and with the 41st pick they managed to select Tyler Toffoli, a first round talent who fell all the way to the Kings in the early 2nd. Having added Toffoli and Connolly, the Kings felt that they added to great prospects, both of whom have the potential to become top-six scoring forwards in the NHL. Along the way the Kings also managed to shave off $10.725M in salary, giving them just over $21M to play with in free agency. After pursuing three quality UFA's, the Kings managed to nab two of them, Matt Cullen ($3.25 per year) and Pavel Kubina ($5.75 per year), both of whom signed 3 year contracts. As for the other UFA, the Kings decided that 2009 top pick Brayden Schenn was ready for the NHL, and slotted the youngster into the 3rd line centre role alongside Andrew Brunette and Wayne Simmonds.

2010-2011 Opening Night Line-Up​
Ryan Smyth - Anze Kopitar - Jamie Benn
Dustin Brown - Jarret Stoll - Matt Cullen
Andrew Brunette - Brayden Schenn - Wayne Simmonds
Scott Parse - Brad Richardson - Trevor Lewis

Extra: Marc-Andre Cliche

Drew Doughty - Rob Scuderi
Pavel Kubina - Matt Greene
Davis Drewiske - Thomas Hickey

Extra: Peter Harrold

Jonathan Bernier
Erik Ersberg

2010-2011 Payroll: $53,967,334
Cap Space: $4,032,666​

We feel that this team has a great mix of character guys, veteran leadership and youth, which will combine into what we hope a long post-season run next year.

Top Prospects:
1) Brayden Schenn (C)
2) Jonathan Bernier (G)
3) Brett Connolly (LW/RW)
4) Thomas Hickey (D)
5) Philip Larsen (D)
6) Tyler Toffoli (LW/RW)
7) Andrei Loktionov (C)
8) Jeff Zatkoff (G)
9) Kyle Clifford (LW)
10) Nicholas Deslauriers (D)

Trades:
To Los Angeles: rights to Tomas Holmstrom
To Detroit: rights to Alexander Frolov

To Los Angeles: Jamie Benn, Philip Larsen, Dallas 2010 2nd (41st overall)
To Dallas: Jonathan Quick, Jack Johnson, Los Angeles 2010 2nd, Los Angeles 2011 3rd

To Los Angeles: St. Louis 2010 1st via Toronto (14th overall)
To Toronto: Los Angeles 2010 1st (19th overall), Philadelphia 2010 2nd (59th overall)

To Los Angeles: Atlanta 2010 1st (8th overall)
To Atlanta: Justin Williams, Slava Voinov, Los Angeles 2010 1st via Toronto via St. Louis, Los Angeles 2010 3rd

To Los Angeles: Austin Smith
To Dallas: Michal Handzus, Martin Jones

What do you guys think of my work here? Critiquing and comments are much appreciated!

Last edited:

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Los Angeles Kings - 2010 Offseason in Review

:kings

After being knocked out of the playoffs in the first round by the Vancouver Canucks, a series that went to 7 games, the Kings GM had a pretty good idea of the issues he needed to address in the offseason. Beginning with the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, held in front of our hometown crowd, the Kings GM brought excitement to the fans, twice moving up in the draft, all the way from the 19th pick to the 8th selection. The Kings crossed their fingers, and were thrilled to step up to the podium and take scoring winger Brett Connolly from the Prince George Cougars of the WHL. We knew that Brett has had injury troubles over the past year, but we felt that his high end potential was too good to pass up. The Kings also managed to swap 2nd round draft picks in a trade with Dallas which also saw Jamie Benn and Philip Larsen head to LA, and with the 41st pick they managed to select Tyler Toffoli, a first round talent who fell all the way to the Kings in the early 2nd. Having added Toffoli and Connolly, the Kings felt that they added to great prospects, both of whom have the potential to become top-six scoring forwards in the NHL. Along the way the Kings also managed to shave off $10.725M in salary, giving them just over $21M to play with in free agency. After pursuing three quality UFA's, the Kings managed to nab two of them, Matt Cullen ($3.25 per year) and Pavel Kubina ($5.75 per year), both of whom signed 3 year contracts. As for the other UFA, the Kings decided that 2009 top pick Brayden Schenn was ready for the NHL, and slotted the youngster into the 3rd line centre role alongside Andrew Brunette and Wayne Simmonds.

2010-2011 Opening Night Line-Up​
Ryan Smyth - Anze Kopitar - Jamie Benn
Dustin Brown - Jarret Stoll - Matt Cullen
Andrew Brunette - Brayden Schenn - Wayne Simmonds
Scott Parse - Brad Richardson - Trevor Lewis

Extra: Marc-Andre Cliche

Drew Doughty - Rob Scuderi
Pavel Kubina - Matt Greene
Davis Drewiske - Thomas Hickey

Extra: Peter Harrold

Jonathan Bernier
Erik Ersberg

2010-2011 Payroll: $53,967,334
Cap Space: $4,032,666​

We feel that this team has a great mix of character guys, veteran leadership and youth, which will combine into what we hope a long post-season run next year.

Top Prospects:
1) Brayden Schenn (C)
2) Jonathan Bernier (G)
3) Brett Connolly (LW/RW)
4) Thomas Hickey (D)
5) Philip Larsen (D)
6) Tyler Toffoli (LW/RW)
7) Andrei Loktionov (C)
8) Jeff Zatkoff (G)
9) Kyle Clifford (LW)
10) Nicholas Deslauriers (D)

Trades:
To Los Angeles: rights to Tomas Holmstrom
To Detroit: rights to Alexander Frolov

To Los Angeles: Jamie Benn, Philip Larsen, Dallas 2010 2nd (41st overall)
To Dallas: Jonathan Quick, Jack Johnson, Los Angeles 2010 2nd, Los Angeles 2011 3rd

To Los Angeles: St. Louis 2010 1st via Toronto (14th overall)
To Toronto: Los Angeles 2010 1st (19th overall), Philadelphia 2010 2nd (59th overall)

To Los Angeles: Atlanta 2010 1st (8th overall)
To Atlanta: Justin Williams, Slava Voinov, Los Angeles 2010 1st via Toronto via St. Louis, Los Angeles 2010 3rd

To Los Angeles: Austin Smith
To Dallas: Michal Handzus, Martin Jones

What do you guys think of my work here? Critiquing and comments are much appreciated!
Ahem. Hate to be the nitpicking Nucks fan here but, we took 'em in 6 ;)

And I'm not big on your Benn/Larsen for Quick/Johnson move. Jamie Benn is SO not a top-6 forward at the moment, let alone a first-liner for a playoff contender. And you gave up JJ, who had great chemistry with DD, and are expecting big things from a green rookie and a poor backup in net. I do like the draft picks you made, and the Cullen & Brunette signings, though. Good value for money.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Ahem. Hate to be the nitpicking Nucks fan here but, we took 'em in 6 ;)

And I'm not big on your Benn/Larsen for Quick/Johnson move. Jamie Benn is SO not a top-6 forward at the moment, let alone a first-liner for a playoff contender. And you gave up JJ, who had great chemistry with DD, and are expecting big things from a green rookie and a poor backup in net. I do like the draft picks you made, and the Cullen & Brunette signings, though. Good value for money.

I disagree; he'd definitely be a top 6 forward in LA, as well as most other teams in the league.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006

Agreed. I've been loving what SD had done with the Wings......up until this. Philly is slowly building "Red Wings East" with Leino, Helm and Gator :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad