FA Game #3 by TL, T_Cage, RR, and IR4

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Don't like that trade for the Caps, could have waited a couple of days and signed Volchankov without giving up any assets.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
I didn't want to battle for him
So you feel extremely confident in re-signing him, then?

He is one of the five big contracts of this off-season (along with Kovalchuk, Marleau, Plekanec and Hamhuis). If you're able to re-sign him BEFORE free agency opens, and stay within the confines of the cap, you're to be commended.

leo2892

Jan 25, 2007
Trade to Announce:

To ATL: Andrej Meszaros
To TBL: MTL's 3rd and rights to Clarke MacArthur

More information to come.

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario

He is one of the five big contracts of this off-season (along with Kovalchuk, Marleau, Plekanec and Hamhuis). If you're able to re-sign him BEFORE free agency opens, and stay within the confines of the cap, you're to be commended.

It wouldn't be the first time ( I resigned Kovy) in gm game #8 so I think I have a good chance. Also I think I can offer allot.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:isles
TRADING BLOCK:
Rick Dipietro, Trent Hunter, Blake Comeau, Bruno Gervais, Jeff Tambellini, Prospects Not Mentioned Below

OVERPAYMENT:
Frans Neilsen, Sean Bergenheim, Rob Schremp, Matt Moulson, Mark Streit

UNTOUCHABLE:
John Tavares, Kyle Okposo, Travis Hamonic, 5th Overall Pick, Josh Bailey, Calvin De Haan, Jack Hillen, Andrew Macdonald, Kirill Petrov, Matt Donovan, Miiko Koskinen

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
:wild

All-Star number 1 goaltender Niklas Backstrom is available. Looking for top 6 fowards.

Mikko Koivu and Brent Burns are 2 players that would be real hard to get unless in a package for a better player.

Good players that we are ready to trade for the right price:

Andrew Brunette (2.333)
Martin Havlat (5)
Antti Miettinen (2.333)
Chuck Kobasew (2.333)
Pierre-Marc Bouchard (4.08)
James Sheppard (RFA)
Cam Barker (3.083)
Josh Harding (RFA - depends what we do with Backstrom but feel free to send offers)

Player Stats:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0023312010.html

Cap hit:

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=18

PM us about ideas or offers and we can talk.

***We had some talks and offers here and there. First top 6 foward of our liking that we can make a deal for, we will go foward with it and the hell with the other pending talks/offers.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Nashville has received two extremely solid offers for one of Weber/Suter, and is in the process of mulling them over. Feel free to continue to make offers, but recognize that I expect one of them to be moved by the end of the night.

(also, don't assume just because I am willing to trade them, that I will accept scraps. I certainly don't have to trade them, I am just allowing teams the opportunity to offer without barking profanity)

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Dany Heatley is on the trade block. All indications (including nhlscap.com) indicate him not having a No Trade Clause. He can be moved to any team!

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
:flyers and :hawks have reached a deal.

To :flyers-D Brent Sopel, CHI 2nd 10

To :hawks-D Ryan Parent

brent-sopel-lg.jpg

It's become obvious to the Flyers these playoffs that we right now don't have a 3rd pairing we can rely on whatsoever. Parent struggled mightily this season, and we think it's important that we have a guy who can take the burden off of our top 4 guys, and we get that guy in Brent Sopel. Sopel can take a regular shift and play solid defense, blocking shots and hitting guys. He also plays the PK, which is a bonus and will give Pronger & Timonen a breather. We also get a 2nd round pick to re-stock our prospect pool with some quality instead of quantity.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
:flyers and :hawks have reached a deal.

To :flyers-D Brent Sopel, CHI 2nd 10

To :hawks-D Ryan Parent

brent-sopel-lg.jpg

It's become obvious to the Flyers these playoffs that we right now don't have a 3rd pairing we can rely on whatsoever. Parent struggled mightily this season, and we think it's important that we have a guy who can take the burden off of our top 4 guys, and we get that guy in Brent Sopel. Sopel can take a regular shift and play solid defense, blocking shots and hitting guys. He also plays the PK, which is a bonus and will give Pronger & Timonen a breather. We also get a 2nd round pick to re-stock our prospect pool with some quality instead of quantity.

I confirm

Sopel is a good lockerrom guy and strong on PK but we needed to shed salary and we really feel Parent is still gonna be a gem

Giving up the 2nd got Sopel's extra salary off books while getting a young affordable option for our 3rd pairing

We feel Parent could be a Sharp level steal by Hawks from the Flyers again

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
How did he veto Edmonton then? Or does it just expire this year?

Apparently it was taken away once he agreed to a trade.

Sharks beat writer David Polak and nhlscap.com have confirmed it, but neither has provided reason why. Speaking of which is Edmonton interested? :laugh:

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Lidstrom re-signs!​

lidstrom-2.jpg

Red Wings are happy to announce the captain's return for 2010-2011 season. The one year deal is worth 5.5M. Nick took a big pay cut in order to build a strong team, which he will try to lead to another cup.

With the captain's signing now Red Wings are ready to jump into the trading market

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Phoenix Signs Trio to Extensions​

The Phoenix Coyotes have extended the contracts of Zbynek Michalek, Lee Stempniak and Derek Morris. All three were excellent contributors to our playoff run and their willingness to reup with the team is very welcome.

Michalek signed a 5 year extension worth 4.5 million/season with a NMC attached to the contract. Morris was extended to a two year deal worth 2.25/season, we understand that Morris didn't want to leave when he went unsigned by the previous regime and we were happy to make that commitment to him. Finally Lee Stempniak was signed to a three year contract worth 3.25 million a season. Lee showed what made him such a popular player in St. Louis and we believe he will only continue to show good things here.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
:sharks re-sign three key veterans.

Patrick Marleau- 10 years 63 million with NMC.
Manny Malhotra- 3 years 1.5 per
Blake- 2 years 1.5 per

We are thrilled to have these three veterans back for multiple years. Marleau is an elite forward pure and simple. Normally we are nervous about long contracts, but the fact of the matter is, Marleau has only been trending up in recent years and has pushed himself into the discussion for top 10 winger in the league. While it was not a part of negotiations, we have chosen to give Marleau the C back. He showed excellent ability, grit, and effort in the playoffs, and we can't imagine a player more fit to run our squad.

Malhotra is an elite face-off man, and very capable two-way third line center. He helps bring the key secondary scoring that our squad has lacked since the loss of the Thornton-Ricci-Sundstrom line.

Giving Blake two years is admitably a risk, but even if he is barely capable of playing two years from now, we see him as our defensive coach anyway. With his rigid off-season regimen, it is entirely possible he will be able to play 18 minutes a night acceptably, and 14 admirably. At this point he is a perfect #4/5 d-man, but he showed in this years playoffs he can play second pairing minutes for a few weeks at a time. We expect to acquire a defenseman that will allow Blake to slide down to the #5 spot. He will sport the A this year.

Also, Scott Nichol, 1 year 800k

Last edited:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
:stars update

The Stars have made an offer for a potential Franchise defenceman, that the other team will think about.

Players that are On The Block:
Brad Richards or Mike Ribeiro
Fabian Brunnstrom
Trevor Daley
Matt Niskanen

Don't ask for, unless proven number 1 defenceman in coming back|:
Loui Eriksson
James Neal
Jammie Benn

May move:
Stephane Robidas
Brenden Morrow
Steve Ott
1 st round pick

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario
Don't like that trade for the Caps, could have waited a couple of days and signed Volchankov without giving up any assets.
oh you'll like it for the caps.

You know he'll likely walk anyways?
nope

thank you very much and yes I do because...

Vic Rattlehead*

:canes

Everyone but Staal and Ward available.

EDIT: Not really untouchable, but it'll take quite a bit to pry Pitkanen, Gleason, and McBain away from Carolina. I'm looking to add defensemen...

Last edited by a moderator:

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
:sharks Trade Block:
Dany Heatley
Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray
1st round pick
Logan Couture
G prospects (not Stalock)

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario
Volchenkov A Capital
Anton%20Volchenkov%20skates%20into%20the%20corner.jpg

The Washington Capitals have signed soon to be f ufa d-man Anotn Volchenkov to a 5 year deal. Volchenkov will make $27,500,000M ($5.5M/season) with a NMC for all 5 years. Capitals Gm Caps Fan 19 had this to say: "We are very excited to be able to sign a player of Antons caliber. He was our #1 target going into the offseason and even with all the doubt we were able to sign him." Anton had this to say: "I am very excited to be a capital, and to have such a good chance to win the cup." when asked if he thought he could have gotten more on the open market he said "Yes I think I could have but I really liked what the capitals offered. I now have a really good shot at winning the cup, I have job security and it was obvious they really wanted me by how much they gave up to get my rights."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad