FA Game #3 by CP, RR, and IR4

johnnydollaz89*

Weiss waived his NTC obviously or i wouldn't have been able to post it clearly and idc what u guys think of the deal im rebuilding and a few defense men in this draft can replace Kulikov

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:nucks

Recently acquired center Joe Pavelski could be moved for a similarly aged top 6 winger, preferably with some size. Shoot me an offer if interested.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
:coyotes acquire Tuomo Ruutu from the Hurricanes
article_17868_2.jpg

The Phoenix Coyotes added another key player to their squad, acquiring Tuomo Ruutu from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for Lauri Korpioski, Brett Maclean, prospect Jordan Szwarz and Phildelphia 2nd round pick this year.

"Adding Tuomo to the lineup brings in a guy that never backs down and isn't afraid of anyone, a guy that can boost the team's energy. Although a steep cost, is Tuomo has a season like this one, this will be well worth it."

:canes confirm.

Korpikoski had a breakout year last season, putting up 19-21-40 while continuing to play a solid game in all three zones. He can line up at all three forward positions, is a tenacious forechecker, and one of the fastest skaters in the league. He'll also improve our PK.

MacLean was going to have a hard time breaking into the Coyotes lineup this year with Coach Dave Tippett's aversion to handing starting jobs to youngsters with little NHL experience. MacLean would have to clear waivers if sent down so we're pleased to add a kid who all he's done everywhere he plays is score.

He teamed with John Tavares in Oshawa from 2005-2008 and in his three seasons there he put up 121-136-257 in 164 games. Tavares tallied 157-174-331 in 191 games.

We expect Brett to compete for a top-9 spot and see time on the power play.

Jordan Szwarz is a scrappy winger who, at age 19, is already showing some offensive upside with a willingness to go to the net and drop the gloves if necessary. He's at least two years away but he projects to a solid bottom-six winger.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:coyotes Third move's the charm, acquire Brassard from Blue Jackets
Derick_Brassard.jpg

The Coyotes have sent a message to the fans that they are determined to make a change, sending Adrian Aucoin, prospect Maxim Goncharov and there 2nd round pick in 2011 to the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Derrick Brassard.

"Brassard has potential to be a #1 center, we hope he develops with the team and fits in."

The team is done with trades acquiring forwards, the team is looking for a goaltender.

Whitney - Brassard - Doan
Ruutu - Turris - Boedker
Fehr - Hanzal - Stempniak
Pyatt - XXXXXX - Thikhinov
Bissonette

Last edited:

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
:coyotes Third move's the charm, acquire Brassard from Blue Jackets
Derick_Brassard.jpg

The Coyotes have sent a message to the fans that they are determined to make a change, sending Adrian Aucoin, prospect Maxim Goncharov and there 2nd round pick in 2011 to the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Derrick Brassard.

"Brassard has potential to be a #1 center, we hope he develops with the team and fits in."

The team is done with trades acquiring forwards, the team is looking for a goaltender.

Whitney - Brassard - Doan
Ruutu - Turris - Boedker
Fehr - Hanzal - Stempniak
Pyatt - XXXXXX - Thikhinov
Bissonette

:cbj Confirm

At one point, Brassard gve us hope for the future. Now, with Ryan Johansen looking like a future #1, and Brassard's long injury record, he became expendable. Columbus is very happy to bring in Defenseman Maxim Goncharov, we like the physicality and two game he posses. Along with Max, vetrean Adrian Aucoin and Phoenix's 2nd Round Pick in 2011 come back to Columus aswell. We're looking forward to see these guys suit up for us in the future, and wish Derrick best in the desert.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ

At one point, Brassard gve us hope for the future. Now, with Ryan Johansen looking like a future #1, and Brassard's long injury record, he became expendable. Columbus is very happy to bring in Defenseman Maxim Goncharov, we like the physicality and two game he posses. Along with Max, vetrean Adrian Aucoin and Phoenix's 2nd Round Pick in 2011 come back to Columus aswell. We're looking forward to see these guys suit up for us in the future, and wish Derrick best in the desert.

Vetoed. Aucoin has a modified NTC and no request to waive was made.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
To :bruins
Weiss + NYR 3rd

To:panthers
Paille+9th Overall+Chudinov

We add another top 9 pick which now gives us 3 in the top 9, 3rd 4th and 9th overall. This helps our rebuild and saves us some salary to add some young FA's this season. Our rebuild is looking really good.

David Booth spoke on GM Johnnydollaz's recent moves

"I like what he is doing, I think this team is going in the right direction and I feel honored that they are making me the center piece of the franchise. We have a very bright future and im looking forward to the young guys we have on our roster and the new guys we will be welcoming here"

:bruins confirm. We have accepted that Savard is done and we made a move to replace him. Weiss adds another talented piece to our roster, we our quite happy that we have acquired him without giving up a top tier prospect. With the prospects we have we can suffer the blow of losing the ninth overall and talented Chubinov. We welcome Weiss to Boston and a top team.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Jackets, Wings, complete blockbuster swap

:wings

The Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets have completed a 6 player, 2 draft pick deal today. Going to the Blue Jackets are Jimmy Howard, Jiri Hudler, Gustav Nyquist and Landon Ferraro. Coming to Detroit are Steve Mason and Cody Goloubef. The clubs also swapped 2011 1st round picks, with the Wings getting the 8th overall selection and the 26th going to Columbus.

"We gave us some quality assets today, but we felt it was worth it for the package we received in return. Steve has had a rough couple of years, but we feel he can rebound here, Cody gives us more depth in a position we were lacking, and we're now looking to move up even higher in the draft."

RedwingsnCudi13

Aug 25, 2010
Trade :stars :sens

To :stars

F- Milan Michalek
F- Peter Regin

To :sens

F- Tom Wandell
D- Marc Fistric
G- Tyler Beskorowany
F- Curtis McKenzie
3rd round pick in 2011

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
A big trade

To :habs

Foligno
Alfredsson
Kuba
Winchester
Svatos's rights

:sens
Trunev
Avtsin
Tinordi
Kristo
Carle
Eller
1st 2011
5th 2011

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
^Ewww

Damnit Modo :laugh:

Quiet, you. They coulda been yours, but noooo, I didn't hear a peep from the resident Sens fan when I was shopping them. Also, if you like this deal, you're gonna love the one I've got on deck. :laugh:

Ottawa confirms this deal with Dallas, welcoming a quartet of promising youth who we feel will help the Senators long-term.

EDIT: And there's the second one.

Ottawa confirms the second deal of the day, fully embracing the rebuild concept. Daniel Alfredsson did great things for this team, and this city, but we felt it was time to go our separate ways, and start fresh. With Spezza, Karlsson, and Anderson as the cornerstones of the franchise, we believe that the players acquired today will help bring respectability back to Ottawa.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
^Quiet, you. They coulda been yours, but noooo, I didn't hear a peep from the resident Sens fan when I was shopping them. Also, if you like this deal, you're gonna love the one I've got on deck. :laugh:

Ottawa confirms this deal with Dallas, welcoming a quartet of promising youth who we feel will help the Senators long-term.

EDIT: And there's the second one.

Ottawa confirms the second deal of the day, fully embracing the rebuild concept. Daniel Alfredsson did great things for this team, and this city, but we felt it was time to go our separate ways, and start fresh. With Spezza, Karlsson, and Anderson as the cornerstones of the franchise, we believe that the players acquired today will help bring respectability back to Ottawa.

Who would have ever thought you would go to make a deal with Dallas :sarcasm:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Oh boy. Now I know how IR felt last game :laugh:

I didn't contact you about Milo because I didn't want to take him from Ottawa :laugh:

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
Jackets, Wings, complete blockbuster swap

:wings

The Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets have completed a 6 player, 2 draft pick deal today. Going to the Blue Jackets are Jimmy Howard, Jiri Hudler, Gustav Nyquist and Landon Ferraro. Coming to Detroit are Steve Mason and Cody Goloubef. The clubs also swapped 2011 1st round picks, with the Wings getting the 8th overall selection and the 26th going to Columbus.

"We gave us some quality assets today, but we felt it was worth it for the package we received in return. Steve has had a rough couple of years, but we feel he can rebound here, Cody gives us more depth in a position we were lacking, and we're now looking to move up even higher in the draft."

Jackets aquire Howard and Hudler from Wings

2010howard.jpg

Late Sunday, Columbus Blue Jackets GM CooperDean pulled the trigger on a major deal, re-working the clubs goaltending and prospect pools. The Jackets now have a definite Number one goaltender in Jimmy Howard, along with added depth up front with the addition of Jiri Hudler. Forwards Landon Ferraro and Gustav Nyquist add to the strong prospect pool developing for the franchise.

Columbus is now going to be heavily shopping Antoine Vermette, Kristian Huselius and RJ Umberger, but will only move one of them. 26th is available, but won't be moved unless in a package for some Top Talent. Jimmy Howard now joins Ryan Johansen and Rick Nash on the untouchables list.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad