FA Game #1 by CD, RR, and IR4

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Kings mum till tomorrow night for the most part. Want #2 center and a sniper. All prospects can be had.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Trade

Hawks acq
C Erik Christianson

Rangers acq
LW Viktor Stalberg

Hawks are happy to acquire someone like Christensen to be our #4 C

Confirmed.

:rangers

Rangers acquire Stalberg from Hawks

The New York Rangers started their off-season today, sending depth forward Erik Christensen to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for speedy winger Viktor Stalberg.

"We're very happy with acquiring Viktor - he has great hands, incredible speed, and a nose for the net. While we feel there are areas of his game to improve, he will develop into a quality top 6 forward for us for years to come."

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
After showing no heart in games 1 or 2 Boston is looking to shake things up

We are looking to trade 9th overall + young prospects to move up in the draft

Also looking to acquire 1 top 6 winger and a top 9 winger

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
:caps

Not much going on with possible trades with the Caps.

Eric Fehr is available. He's a good 3rd line player now with potential to be a top-6 forward. Jason Chimera is also on the block, he's a great 3rd line forward.

Tom Poti and Jeff Schultz are also on the block. Just looking for a prospect or pick for Poti. Schultz will cost a little more, he's a young top-4 defenceman.

I'm surprised that I haven't had more offers for Mike Green. The guy is a franchise defenceman. Looking for younger players with a low cap-hit.

One of Semyon Varlamov or Michal Neuvirth are available.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:rangers

Untouchables

Henrik Lundqvist
Marc Staal
Ryan Callahan

Everyone else could be had, at an appropriate price point. We're looking to acquire picks for the upcoming draft in the top two rounds, a number 1 centre, and a legitimate PMD for our top 4.

Drury is available super cheap - willing to take a bad contract back.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars

Brad Richards' rights are still available.

There is a flaw in trading Mike Ribeiro right now I feel. I'm going to hold on to him until Brad Richards signs with a team. Unless I get blown away by an offer, the people who lose out on Richards won't have significantly better options in free agency. I'm a fan of Ribs so I think he'd be better than the other free agents available, but I imagine that not be true of everyone.

Brenden Morrow and Stephane Robidas. Morrow already has several teams interested. Most of the offers are for young prospects coming back. Some include picks in the top 2 rounds of the 2011 draft.

Krys Barch is on waivers for another 12 hours.

Assuming I don't trade Ribeiro, Morrow, or Robidas, I have about $6 million to acquire 3 defensemen. I'd consider taking on 1 salary dump defender making no more than $4 million at this point. He has to have a year or 2 remaining on the contract, nothing more. He also has to be a legit Top 6 defender.

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs HABS LAND UMBERGER

The Montreal Canadiens have traded forward Benoit Pouliot, defenseman Mathieu Carle and their 2011 first round pick to the Columbus Blue Jackets for forward RJ Umberger and Columbus 2011 third round pick.

That was a huge move for us, likely our splash of the offseason. RJ is a talented forward who brings size, grit and leadership to our team. He has a great two-way game and we see him as a perfect fit to our first line with Tomas Plekanec and Mike Cammalleri. After some discussions with our new head coach Kirk Muller, it was obvious that size was an issue. RJ and Dave Steckel are two step in the right direction and we are likely not done. We wish Benoit and Mathieu the best of luck in Columbus. They had no future in Montreal and we are happy to give them the chance to play for a new team.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs UPDATE

Still looking to acquire a bottom line physical winger (goon) who can play hockey. Prospects are available to make a move happen.

PM!

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Pens sign RFAs:

Tyler Kennedy- 1 year, $1.5M

Dustin Jeffrey-2 years, 625K

Brad Theissen- 2 years, 600k, 2-way

Joey Haddad- not qualified

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Washington re-signs Brooks Laich
230px-BrooksLaichCapitals.jpg

It's a 4 year $13 million($3.25 per) dollar deal. The deal includes a limited NTC.

"Signing Brooks Laich was our #1 priority heading into this off-season. He's a heart-and-soul player on this team. He can play wing, center and is our emergency defenceman. He does all the little things that help a hockey team win games. And most importantly I named my cat after Brooks Laich and if he would have signed with another team I would have to get rid of my cat...So we are happy to bring back Brooks Laich."

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Bernier, ALL PROSPECTS available. Includes Loktionov, Schenn, and Forbort who are the most valuable. Maybe Stoll if I get a center back

Looking for a scoring winger, second line center.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:leafs have made a deal pending an NTC/NMC waive

We also place Jeff Finger and Brett Lebda on waivers

3 picks in the Top 39 (24, 28, 39) are ALL in play for roster players, prospects, and/or 2012 picks. Gustavsson, MacArthur, Bozak also being shopped.

Team needs include a #1C, Top 6 Scorer, Top 4 D (pref. an offensive one), maybe a Goalie...

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs UPDATE

Karri Ramo is on the trade block for the best 2011 pick or prospect offered. The top goalie in the KHL has already said that he will come over to NA if he gets a legit shot at the starting goaltender position.

PM!

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Everyone will be jumping on these guys! :sarcasm:

Jerk :sarcasm:

LEAFS, WILD MAKE BLOCKBUSTER MOVE!!!

image-thumb6.png

Was it a loss in confidence, or the result of hitting on Dion's woman? Either way, Toronto shook the foundation of the NHL by moving out star defensemen Mike Komisarek and Anaheim's 6th rd pick for fellow HHOF-bound D-man Cam Barker.

"This was a case of cap economics. Barker's contract gives us much more flexability thatn Komi's, and Mike will get a chance away from the Doghouse of Leaf fandom"

Even wondered how what it would look like if Brad Park were traded for Bobby Orr? Now you know :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad