Post-Game Talk: F***

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Couple bounces as usual in avs favor was difference. That and Smith letting in that 3rd goal was f***ing brutal.

Nurse, draisaitl are severally injured and have become liabilities out there.

It's a learning curve and we are finally on the right side. Couple additions this summer we are a a dangerous team

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
This series has been a bummer, but let's not be revisionist and say that the team is terrible. 2 playoff rounds won is something we haven't seen in years. Have to find some improvements at all positions if we want the ultimate prize, but making a deep playoff run is a big deal.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Avs got all the breaks and bounces go their way. They're also a well coached team who are always in good position and hustling with the pressure. Oilers have to soak all this in and build off of it.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Col is lucky the starter got injured, now they cruise to an easy Cup.

This team is full of so many passengers it's insane. They all stand around and wait for McDavid to score for them.

Wonder how injured McDavid is.
Do they? They might be missing Kadri, Burakovsky, and Girard in the final. Both the East teams play infinitely better D than the Oilers and both have elite goalies who don't let in 2-3 soft goals per game. They both can also score in bunches and might be playing against a back up who quite honestly looked pretty shaky tonight and was lucky to not give up 4 or 5 goals.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Play Holloway next game. Please. Just want to see what the kid can do and give him a taste to make him even more hungry for next year.

Good idea I almost wish it was a bronze medal match so we could give Skinner Holloway etc a look.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
And we are stuck with most of our D

This board will be 40 times worse towards nurse when his new contract kicks in

Keith is almost done. Barrie has always been one dementional, I was hoping Bouchard would have gotten better in his own zone by now.

Still too many passengers up front
Kulak has been our best left defender and he is the only one not signed

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Gonna post in here before people come in with their toxic bullshit and unrealistic narratives.

Honestly, I think we were close. We get a few favorable bounces and that's a different result.

Our back is up against the wall. No excuses on Monday. Do or die. Time for the reverse sweep.
It’s not toxic but this team is being shown right now how much they will need to evolve to win.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
People shouldn't be blaming Smith on the winner. How about his D getting on the wrong side of the check there and he's the only one back. jebus, all Bouch had to do there was standard play between puck and his goalie. Just keep the play wide. Instead Bouch is slow as molasses getting back, then takes wrong angle on check, and then falls down like a bozo completely beat, so that its a breakaway at that point, and people blame Smith who was keeping us in it for two periods.

That was Bouchard all day and he's young, I get it but man...

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Avs have been perfecting their D coverage and zone play for like 4 years now after playoff failures of the past. It’s paid off. Can’t think of any clean breaks or odd mans they gave up. Meanwhile we kept doing it over and over.

Reactions: Turbonium

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Some bad puck luck tonight.

Bouch hits the post and it comes back the other way and ends up in the net.

I know a lot of guys on the thread love Smith but come on-- you have to stop that third goal. Sure he made some incredible saves tonight and faced a lot of rubber but consistency is the name of the game especially in the playoffs.

Felt sorry for Mc-D at the end of the game. He just didn't get enough support up front. A lot of missed chances.

Credit to McLeod who skated miles this series and was rewarded with a goal tonight.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
I couldnt watch the game tonight, but I watched the scoresheet and wondered.

Is the coach stupid or are the young guys not playing good? Puljujarvi and Bouchard were played like bottom line players and both showed lot of promises and good play at the begining of the season.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
People shouldn't be blaming Smith on the winner. How about his D getting on the wrong side of the check there and he's the only one back. jebus, all Bouch had to do there was standard play between puck and his goalie. Just keep the play wide. Instead Bouch is slow as molasses getting back, then takes wrong angle on check, and then falls down like a bozo completely beat, so that its a breakaway at that point, and people blame Smith who was keeping us in it for two periods.

That was Bouchard all day and he's young, I get it but man...
I agree that Bouch played it horribly but Smith HAS to have that one. That’s a f***ing back breaker.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
f*** this team.
So mentally draining supporting this team, it’s unhealthy

No attention to detail. Gives up easily.
Manson and Woodcroft aren’t off the hook either. Manson with his D deployment and Woodcroft with his weird ass lines.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
chernobyl-not-great.gif
Not good, not even close

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
And we are stuck with most of our D

This board will be 40 times worse towards nurse when his new contract kicks in

Keith is almost done. Barrie has always been one dementional, I was hoping Bouchard would have gotten better in his own zone by now.

Still too many passengers up front

Yup, that contract is going to be brutal

Poorly constructed team riding the coattails of the greatest player in a generation.

No true top pairing D
No Third or fourth line
No starter or back up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad