F William Moore - USNTDP, USHL (2025 Draft)

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I think the biggest advantage to choosing the USNTDP over the CHL is that you know what you are getting - the team is going to be well coached, funded, etc. and you are going to be playing with the top players in the country getting mass exposure and the opportunity to train/practice/play with the best in your age group. You also get the world u17s and u18s which are highly scouted and excellent competition.

The CHL, IMO, can still be equally as good of a path but there is a lot more variance depending where you land. If you can get to an organization like London, Halifax, etc. you are in great hands, but not all teams are on equal footing. Regarding staff, equipment, coaching, place in the lineup (could get buried at 16 etc) and many other factors you might not want to take any chances of landing with an organization you feel is inferior, especially in comparison to the US national team.

Can't blame the guy, I don't think I would do it any differently if it was myself

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I think this means London after a year if things go poorly or D+1
Or they pay the buyout and select his teammate Lev Katzin in the second round, and get him to report also Getting 2 of the best kids in the province way later than their talent indicates and getting them to show up would be massive…

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Every time London drafts an NTDP kid the rumor mill starts. It's very rare that rumors end up having any merit.

Yeah, the Knights have struggled to recruit high-end talent from the US for a while now. Zach Werenski was drafted highly by the Knights and never showed up. It's probably worth the gamble for the Knights, but I don't think it's anywhere near guaranteed that Moore will report before his NHL draft.

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
"So happy a prestigious organization took me off the draft board" just sounds like good thing a good ohl team has my rights in case i want to switch later on

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
"So happy a prestigious organization took me off the draft board" just sounds like good thing a good ohl team has my rights in case i want to switch later on

It sounds like PR response written by his advisors. There is nothing to read into a quote from a player about being drafted. They're young kids who are excited about being drafted. You can find endless quotes from past NTDP players who reacted positively to being drafted by an OHL team and yet they never touched the OHL.

If Moore were to be the extremely rare NTDP player who left the program before or while playing for the NTDP, it won't be because of a boilerplate quote he was asked to provide by London's social media team.

Last edited:

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
Meant to post this a while back, but I left my computer at home and forgot my login on mobile

He showed up

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Unfortunately it won't stop.

He wasn't impressive in the first game.
Minor midget to the USHL is a massive jump for these kids. They aren’t expected to win. These guys play competitively vs NAHL teams. Should really just let the u17s play in the NA and 18s in the USHL

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
Played fine vs Green Bay despite not getting on the score sheet

Whole team didnt play well vs Youngstown

With him likely nursing an injury not going to expect much out the gate to begin play

Needs to gain a good amount of weight for his height

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad