F Vladislav Firstov (2019, 42nd, MIN)

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
For those in the know, how is his development coming along now that he’s gone back to Russia? Statistically he is doing nice enough over there. Do y’all think he still has nhl aspirations?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
@Caser do you think Firstov will return to NHL next season?
He would have to get traded is my guess, burned bridges with MN management by no show bailing. Real shame because he looked well on track to be a contributor in the prospect games that I saw.

I won’t say never, and there could be a depth spot or two available for him in the NHL but he will be battling with some other guys that are either talented high picks or already in the AHL and committed to the system.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He was very average in the NCAA, and poor in his brief time in the AHL. For him to demand NHL TOI from the get go is delusional. What's more, unless his game has really improved, he wouldn't be even close to being first call up from Iowa among forwards, and next year the competition will be fiercer, with players like Marat, a healthy Ohgren/ Bankier/Milne, and possibly Kumpulainen, nvm players like Walker, Letierri, and Beckman, who have paid their dues within the system.

If he likes it better in Russia, fine, but unless he starts setting the KHL on fire there is no way Guerin will gift him a NHL spot, nor should he.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Wish BG could get Kaprizov, Yurov, and Khus to send him a video telling him to come play with them. While I don't love the fact he bailed after being sent to Iowa last year, his play in the KHL intrigues me. I believe Russo said that they tried to get him back over last summer but he didn't want to - gotta get all of the Russians to serenade him.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Wish BG could get Kaprizov, Yurov, and Khus to send him a video telling him to come play with them. While I don't love the fact he bailed after being sent to Iowa last year, his play in the KHL intrigues me. I believe Russo said that they tried to get him back over last summer but he didn't want to - gotta get all of the Russians to serenade him.
BG has the subtlety of a sledgehammer so I don’t see this happening. I also don’t think he would be wrong in this particular instance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad