F Vladislav Firstov (2019, 42nd, MIN)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Offtopic, but Michkov scored as many points in 10 games as Firstov in 30 games on the same team (Lokomotiv-2004) at the same tournament (Moscow Championship U16), just 3 years later...

Reactions: kp61c

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So, between kaprizov, Khovanov and Firstov, does the wild have a lot of fans in Russia yet?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So, between kaprizov, Khovanov and Firstov, does the wild have a lot of fans in Russia yet?
Firstov who(not just me, but the majority of russian hockey fans)?

And count me pissed at draft day about the fact that Minesota drafted Kaprizov. Nothing personal, just a team with no Russians and not really looking as a future contender(even long term). If he was drafted by say the Caps or Tampa I'd have been thrilled. You can't do anything wrong with Kaprizov by now. Another great KHL development product. He is going to be great in Minesota and I am going to follow his career. So there is that.

I don't blame Minesota for anything with Khovanov, but he is still our product who decided to got to NA instead of giving us at least a couple of years of hockey, after what the org invested into him. And he is not looking like he is going to break the cycle of Russians declining after the CHL/AHL tenure.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Firstov who(not just me, but the majority of russian hockey fans)?

And count me pissed at draft day about the fact that Minesota drafted Kaprizov. Nothing personal, just a team with no Russians and not really looking as a future contender(even long term). If he was drafted by say the Caps or Tampa I'd have been thrilled. You can't do anything wrong with Kaprizov by now. Another great KHL development product. He is going to be great in Minesota and I am going to follow his career. So there is that.

I don't blame Minesota for anything with Khovanov, but he is still our product who decided to got to NA instead of giving us at least a couple of years of hockey, after what the org invested into him. And he is not looking like he is going to break the cycle of Russians declining after the CHL/AHL tenure.

I wouldn't call him declining at all. He's played well this season and is from my perspective the top Center going to the u20's for the Russians. What does that say about the other Russians that stayed? Just stop it man.

As far as Kaprizov in Minnesota, I think it's a good fit. I actually think some of these smaller quiet city teams are perfect landing spots for newly NA-bound players. St. Paul's a nice little city, and there's not a ton to do there. It's like Raleigh, it's a nice city, but it's super dead. It's not a NY or a Vegas or a LA. As for the hockey side of things, things are cyclical and always change. Minnesota has an owner that always wants to win and refuses to rebuild and Minny has some great pieces, I think it's a good spot.

Reactions: P10p

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Why so much talk about other prospects in this thread? Kids having a good freshman year and y’all clogging up this thread talking about other Russian prospects

*yawn*

Reactions: Al Lagoon

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Somewhat surprised with no WJC invite but this is Bragin and Firstov is an 18 y/o in the NCAA which is a league that is not common for top Russian prospects.

Reactions: KapG

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I wouldn't call him declining at all. He's played well this season and is from my perspective the top Center going to the u20's for the Russians. What does that say about the other Russians that stayed? Just stop it man.

As far as Kaprizov in Minnesota, I think it's a good fit. I actually think some of these smaller quiet city teams are perfect landing spots for newly NA-bound players. St. Paul's a nice little city, and there's not a ton to do there. It's like Raleigh, it's a nice city, but it's super dead. It's not a NY or a Vegas or a LA. As for the hockey side of things, things are cyclical and always change. Minnesota has an owner that always wants to win and refuses to rebuild and Minny has some great pieces, I think it's a good spot.
There is plenty of things to do here. It's not like we are in the middle of nowhere. Granted during this time of the year most of the activities involve being outside, but who plays a sport that involves ice that hates the cold?

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
There is plenty of things to do here. It's not like we are in the middle of nowhere. Granted during this time of the year most of the activities involve being outside, but who plays a sport that involves ice that hates the cold?

I've been there a bunch, and I meant no offense by it. It's a great little area, but it's one of the smaller cities, and there isn't a ton to do there from a relative perspective in comparison to the other 30 markets. I'm saying it's a good thing in this situation though. Kids from Europe aren't going to get as much of a culture shock so to speak. And that's a positive.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

There really isn't a whole lot to do there. It's a nice, quaint city, relative to actual cities.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t think he meant it as an insult, I just think he meant more that there’s obviously more distractions away from the rink in say Vegas than St.Paul/Minneapolis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad