Post-Game Talk: F*** the Penguins | Washington @ Pittsburgh | 1/19/21 7:00 PM ET | NBCSN, NBCSWashington, Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Could have been worse I guess, but wtf they should have buried them after the 1st, instead no discipline and poor special teams does us in. Should have been two points

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
We had better hope we don’t go to OT much this season. We will be lucky to win one out of 10. Have we maintained possession for more than 8-10 seconds in 2 OTs now? This and our PP are going to be this season’s undoing, I’m not even concerned about the goaltending. The OT is more innate to our being old and slow. The PP is something correctable. Just an issue of doing the right thing with Forsythe. It’s been 14 seasons for God’s sake. Things run dry. It’s the nature of the game. He’s a one trick pony, he had his time in the sun.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
The players (as a whole) aren’t serious about another Cup. I think the FO is but it’s on GMBM to do something and get hungrier, (younger?) guys in here. A LOT of passengers and unfortunately some of them are important players. Until they make a move and try to re-configure the team, they’re no threat to compete for anything. In addition to no urgency, they’re naturally declining due to age.

Reactions: troyerlaw

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Just an issue of doing the right thing with Forsythe. It’s been 14 seasons for God’s sake. Things run dry. It’s the nature of the game. He’s a one trick pony, he had his time in the sun.

I would suggest that in fact BF is not a one trick pony, but the opposite. He is a jack of all trades which is why one coach after another cant do without him.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Just looks like last years team where they can’t put in a full 60 minutes. Coming away with points is important in the early going so it’s not totally bad with no training camp and a new coach. Hope they sort this out though during this upcoming homestand.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Looks like a veteran team that needs rest after 4 games in 6 nights all on the road. Oh wait, thats who they are and what they just did :sarcasm:

I dont mind actually. Would much rather struggle some while still getting points in the beginning and hit their stride going into playoffs than the other way around.

Much easier for Lavi to beat some sense into them if they aren't sharp than if they blew out teams at season start.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
The players (as a whole) aren’t serious about another Cup. I think the FO is but it’s on GMBM to do something and get hungrier, (younger?) guys in here. A LOT of passengers and unfortunately some of them are important players. Until they make a move and try to re-configure the team, they’re no threat to compete for anything. In addition to no urgency, they’re naturally declining due to age.
Maybe this is just one of OV’s cold streaks, but he’s playing like he’s either injured or he’s declined further physically. I’ve seen him glide and then turn on the jets at moments in the past but something seems different. Really hoping he’ll break out.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
nobody said they sucked. They don’t play 60 minutes. And it has capped their ceiling for a long time now.

Most teams dont play a full 60 mins. The other team is getting paid too. They are going to get the upper hand at some point. Its a parity league. A lot of times the 60 min thing is just a goose chase.

This is still basically pre season. In Lavy world the defense is a big part of offensive control. This defense is doing squat offensively and Orlov, who is supposed to be dynamic has been the worst of them. They have a goalie that has never been a starter and a back up that has never been an NHL goalie. Remove the soft goals and the team has won all their games.

There is room for concern but no need to panic....Panek. Based on the ice time provided the 2nd line is now Eller.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Maybe slow, old and no goaltending isn't such a great idea. I dunno.
Don’t forget ‘lack of effort.’ You can’t get much more casual than Carlson and Kuz were. I wasn’t impressed with Ovie tonight either. Puck was a grenade on his stick all night long.

On the bright side: Wilson.

I thought Sprong had energy too.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Most teams dont play a full 60 mins. The other team is getting paid too. They are going to get the upper hand at some point. Its a parity league. A lot of times the 60 min thing is just a goose chase.

This is still basically pre season. In Lavy world the defense is a big part of offensive control. This defense is doing squat offensively and Orlov, who is supposed to be dynamic has been the worst of them. They have a goalie that has never been a starter and a back up that has never been an NHL goalie. Remove the soft goals and the team has won all their games.

There is room for concern but no need to panic....Panek. Based on the ice time provided the 2nd line is now Eller.

i hope you’re right. #60minutes is usually a cliche but this team is incapable of playing without doing dumb shit. I don’t think the Pens did much to warrant winning both games. We had a huge hand. Mistakes that usually just come down to laziness. And honestly they shouldn’t be this tired bc the season just started. The grind will be much worst a month from now.

I hope you guys are right but I see the exact same team I’ve seen seen since around Jan of 2020

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
First: whoever said we are in first is wrong

second: yes it’s early, but in any part of a season, we play those last three games, we would not be happy. Bad play is bad play, let’s not ignore it. All we cared about was trucking people and playing 20 minute games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad