F Shane Wright - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
75 points pace. However.... in his last 8 games... 14 points, which is much higher what his current season ppg pace is.
It seems that his season really has just only begun, 75 points would be insane, but who knows how many points he'll end up scoring this season.

I was skeptical that he would have a shot at next year's World Junior team...but given recent events, and considering the amount of junior players we'll lose to the NHL next year, (my count is 5-6) I have Wright 2nd. line C/RW. with Perfetti and Tracey

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019
At 15, McDavid was not quite ready to play in the OHL, but due to his insane speed and skill factor, he was able to pull it off...
and score hefty mount of points due to the fact that he played with quality players.

Shane Wright, at the moment, is dominating in the OHL at 15, looking it one way or another....with Frontinacs roster around him #nuts
Quality players like...Connor Brown maybe? A Connor Brown who, despite being 3 years older, only outscored McDavid by 3 points and I'm not even sure they were on the same line.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Quality players like...Connor Brown maybe? A Connor Brown who, despite being 3 years older, only outscored McDavid by 3 points and I'm not even sure they were on the same line.

Connor Brown,Adam Pelech,Darren Raddysh (at OHL level),Dane Fox (at OHL), Stephen Harper (at OHL level) , Luke Cairns (at OHL level)
Oskar Dansk as their #1 goalie, in addition to that they had plenty of over agers as well, yes, not very good ones, but nevertheless.

Where as Fronts roster this season; 23 x 2000-2004 born players
(11 x 2001 born players, 5 x 2003 & 2004 born players, 4 x 2002 born players, 3 x 2000 born players)
= 20 x 18 or under 18 year old kids, pretty much the entire team.

Like above is said, only Shane Wright & Zayde Wisdom really pop up from that Fronts roster.
- and they're both under 18

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
At 15, McDavid was not quite ready to play in the OHL, but due to his insane speed and skill factor, he was able to pull it off...
and score hefty mount of points due to the fact that he played with quality players.

Shane Wright, at the moment, is dominating in the OHL at 15, looking it one way or another....with Frontinacs roster around him #nuts

What?

How the hell can someone say McDavid “wasn’t ready” for the OHL when he scored 66pts in 63 games and was only 3pts short of leading the team over a guy 3 years older than him?

You’re known for some hot takes.. but this is a new level.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Connor Brown,Adam Pelech,Darren Raddysh (at OHL level),Dane Fox (at OHL), Stephen Harper (at OHL level) , Luke Cairns (at OHL level)
Oskar Dansk as their #1 goalie, in addition to that they had plenty of over agers as well, yes, not very good ones, but nevertheless.

Where as Fronts roster this season; 23 x 2000-2004 born players
(11 x 2001 born players, 5 x 2003 & 2004 born players, 4 x 2002 born players, 3 x 2000 born players)
= 20 x 18 or under 18 year old kids, pretty much the entire team.

Like above is said, only Shane Wright & Zayde Wisdom really pop up from that Fronts roster.
- and they're both under 18

Cool, you named a bunch of players who ended up good later in life. Here’s their point totals that season:
McDavid: 66

Brown: 69
Pelech: 40
Raddysh: TWO POINTS... wasn’t even a full time player.
Fox: 36
Cairns: 41
Harper: 38
Dansk (which is ignoring that you’re saying a goalie somehow had an effect on his point totals :laugh: ..): 4.11gaa

That team was 2nd last in the league with only 19 wins all season

But you’re right, McDavid definitely played with a powerhouse team...

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
What?

How the hell can someone say McDavid “wasn’t ready” for the OHL when he scored 66pts in 63 games and was only 3pts short of leading the team over a guy 3 years older than him?

You’re known for some hot takes.. but this is a new level.

Lindros wasn’t ready to make the jump from Compuware to the OHL, either. All the saved him was his size, brute strength, and skill set.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Fastest to 20 goals by underager since???, ever???. 20 goals in just 35 games.
BTW. It took Connor McDavid 46 games to reach the 20 goal mark.

In 35 first games, Connor had scored 16 goals, 20 assists, 36 points.
In 35 first games, Shane has scored 20 goals, 14 assists, 34 points.

Sure, Shane's pace has dropped a bit since he was ahead of Connor's rookie season by quite a lot
and he hasn't had a multi-point game since December 13th, but still he is having one hell of a season.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Fastest to 20 goals by underager since???, ever???. 20 goals in just 35 games.
BTW. It took Connor McDavid 46 games to reach the 20 goal mark.

In 35 first games, Connor had scored 16 goals, 20 assists, 36 points.
In 35 first games, Shane has scored 20 goals, 14 assists, 34 points.

Sure, Shane's pace has dropped a bit since he was ahead of Connor's rookie season by quite a lot
and he hasn't had a multi-point game since December 13th, but still he is having one hell of a season.
Tavares did it in 32.

Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

I mean, out of current players with the exceptional status you are talking of a pool of 4 forwards (Tavares, McDavid, Veleno and Wright).

Reactions: d rake

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
I don’t see it. He’s a much more explosive skater and doesn’t even play the same position.
Like I said I’ve only seen clips but his skating didn’t stand out. It might be because they also were showing Savoie whose skating literally reminds me of McDavid. It’s clear which player is more ready for junior though.

a
Actually after re watching I do think his skating is better then Lafrenierre at the same age. I guess my comparison came from both being high IQ players with decent size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad