F Roman Marcotte - Alaska Oilers, Minor A (2028)

Cgybox

Jan 11, 2019
I have been following Roman on his instagram account. From the postings it seems that he did not make his Brick team with the Western Selects. Romans last video after not making the team, he looked exhausted and burnt out. Even though I don't agree with sport specialization before puberty, I was rooting for the kid. He was so fun to watch. After all that hard work since a young age, and not making the team, it must be devastating.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Nice skating skills. Of course, it also helps for the little buggers to have such a low center of gravity in a lot of those drills...makes kids look a bit more accelerated in their development than they really are. I notice he really likes to keep his upper body low on the ice and rarely lifts his skates more than an inch...shows he's not quite as confident as a slick production video suggests.

If the kid loves it, and wants to put most of his energies into the game, then I don't see a problem with dad doing everything he can to give him access to a lot of training and development. But....that is still a little boy there. He needs playtime, sleep, and exposure to different activities. Can't just push hockey all the time.
ummm hockey is a GAME, it is play time.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Lol....the scientific evidence is clear and overwhelming. Treating 8yrolds like pros is absolutely wrong appproach if long term development is the goal . Now if you want to see how good your kid can be at 8 then yeah...knock yourself out:)
something tells me you have no clue what you are talking about.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Ya never know with these child prodigies. Even MEP is potentially projecting towards being an nhler despite being a 6th round pick. Wish the kid the best of luck.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
This came up on my YouTube feed, anyone know if he's tearing up the league's there and has a real shot or just a cute YT Video?

I just got this video added to my youtube recommended list. I was going to come here and post a joke thread about it then I saw there was like 4 threads made about him already. lol

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
He is still just a kid. I dont understand why this thread exists. What is he like 10 years old? Anything can happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad