F Rodion Amirov (2020, 15th, TOR) - tragically passed away due to brain tumor 8/14/23

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Poor guy, I hope first and foremost that he gets and remains healthy. Secondly, I hope he has the chance to play in the NHL in the future - he seems like a solid player.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
1690729363343-png.732339

Credit to @WTFMAN99 for providing a quote from Salavat General Director Rinat Bashirov.

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Just lost my 29 year old college roommate after an epic 4 year battle with cancer presenting as a glioblastoma with many positive and negative check-ins. I don’t mean to be pessimistic, but at this point, this is probably a situation in which we should all be cheering for Rodion to be able to experience a fulfilling life rather than returning to the rink as an elite nhl/khl prospect.

Mar 12, 2009
Just lost my 29 year old college roommate after an epic 4 year battle with cancer presenting as a glioblastoma with many positive and negative check-ins. I don’t mean to be pessimistic, but at this point, this is probably a situation in which we should all be cheering for Rodion to be able to experience a fulfilling life rather than returning to the rink as an elite nhl/khl prospect.
Even with successful surgery to remove a tumor, there is no guarantee and it is very likely to return at some point. Rooting for him to have the best quality of life for the most amount of years is where I think we are realistically at, versus a return to meaningful hockey.

Reactions: Blueston

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Happened to my next door neighbor from my first year in res. He beat it once in his mid-20's and passed away in his early 30's. A truly horrific disease.

RIP Rodion.

Reactions: BMann and ps241

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Wow that is awful. I thought the recent reports were that he was trending in the right direction? Maybe I misheard. Either way, that is just really sad news.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
A couple years ago I watched the docuseries on Netflix called Lenox Hill. It basically follows some doctors in the Lenox Hill hospital.

Two of the main doctors that they follow are neurosurgeons that deal with various brain tumors/cancer. It was an extremely sobering and emotional watch. Having watched this before hearing about Rodion's diagnosis I knew it would be an extremely tough road ahead of him to get back to any form of normalcy.

Thank you to all the doctors and nurses that would have been involved with any type of treatment and trying to get him healthy again. The emotional strain and toll these people have to bare to try and extend the lives of others is immense, and we are grateful that people like that exist in this world.

Your pain and suffering is now over Rodion, may you finally rest in peace.

Reactions: BMann and kevistar

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Wow that is awful. I thought the recent reports were that he was trending in the right direction? Maybe I misheard. Either way, that is just really sad news.

They were that's what makes this kind of shocking, everything we were reading suggested he was on the road to recovery.

His career was in question but it seemed like he was trending towards recovery.

Then this.

RIP Rodion.

f*** cancer.

Reactions: BMann and FlyguyOX

rsteen

Oct 1, 2022
They were that's what makes this kind of shocking, everything we were reading suggested he was on the road to recovery.

His career was in question but it seemed like he was trending towards recovery.

Then this.

RIP Rodion.

f*** cancer.

I clicked into the first page of the thread instead of the last, and it's so sad now to see those posts where he was a typical young prospect, full of potential.

RIP Rodion.

Reactions: BMann and kevistar

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Just f***ing awful. Such heartbreaking news. This isn’t fair. f*** cancer.

Rest easy, Rodion. Thoughts with his family and the entire Leafs organization.

Reactions: BMann

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad