Prospect Info: (F) Oliver Moore - 2023 NHL Draft, 19th Overall

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Moore's biggest problem is he still struggles to slow the game down when needed. Some guys improve on that, others don't.

He's 18 and has time to fix that. If he does, he'll be a hell of a middle six guy. Just gotta give it time.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
LOL, 18 year old kid has some speed wobbles taking the next step and people are ready to declare him a bust. :laugh:

The Hawks drafted him cause he was being used as a matchup center and PKer in the American system, and still putting up like, .95 PPG. Combined with his elite skating and motor, that's a great pick.

Kid has time to develop into a Ryan Kesler. Let him cook, you nutcases.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Nazar was also dubbed a bust here after he got injured
Bust is probably strong. Doubters might be a better word.

Yes there were doubters when he was injured. Same when he came back late last year in a limited role. Then he had a strong summer showcase in late summer for Team USA. Then the doubters came back when the 2023-24 Michigan season started.

They'll be back.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It doesn't have to be one or the other though. You can talk about the things that are apparent when watching his freshman year of college.. of some things to improve on, while simultaneously understanding that he's young and like 18 games into a massive step up in talent. He isn't even close to the finished stage.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I think Moore earliest leaves college after his second year. He probably plays most of his D3 year in the AHL, and likely gets some NHL games at the end of his D2 year after college.

Reactions: hockeydoug

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
I still have very high hopes for Moore but I was banging the drum to try and trade up for Benson.

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
I honestly think we would've drafted Moore over Benson
Given Davidson's obsession with speed I wouldn't doubt that. Benson just already does a lot of things at very high level, he's got good hands, high hockey IQ and a lot of tenacity.

Moore definitely has the tools to end up being better long-term I just question his instincts. I realize he's played with some incredible players but not ideal that he's always finding himself on the 2nd/3rd lines. It will be interesting to see how he handles getting top line minutes in a year or 2.

Reactions: clydesdale line

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Given Davidson's obsession with speed I wouldn't doubt that. Benson just already does a lot of things at very high level, he's got good hands, high hockey IQ and a lot of tenacity.

Moore definitely has the tools to end up being better long-term I just question his instincts. I realize he's played with some incredible players but not ideal that he's always finding himself on the 2nd/3rd lines. It will be interesting to see how he handles getting top line minutes in a year or 2.
Oh Benson's incredible, I had him top 5. In juniors he just always made the right play, super skilled and had a defensive and playmaking IQ that was unmatched. Also was the best forward on a team with older, high first round picks in Savoie and Geekie.

Aside from Lardis in the third I was underwhelemed by the decisions our staff made this draft. Like Felcman in the third? What? Guy didn't even have a hockeydb page until this year, was mostly unranked, would've available way later. Can't even make a super shallow Swiss WJC camp. Hopefully the scouting staff see something that we don't.

Last edited:

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Oh Benson's incredible, I had him top 5. In juniors he just always made the right play, super skilled and had a defensive and playmaking IQ that was unmatched. Also was the best forward on a team with older, high first round picks in Savoie and Geekie.

Aside from Lardis in the third I was underwhelemed by the decisions our staff made this draft. Like Felcman in the third? What? Guy didn't even have a hockeydb page until this year, was mostly unranked, would've available way later. Can't even make a super shallow Swiss WJC camp. Hopefully the scouting staff see something that we don't.
Felcman play's in Switzerland but can only play with Czechia at the international level.

Reactions: d rake

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4