Post-Game Talk (GBU): f*** off refs

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Stop blaming Botterill. As of now, this season is a success. Some of the complainers are those who rail against the loss of Roslovic, Lemieux, etc. Let the season play out. Stop trying to push further now at the cost of long term success. Do you HONESTLY believe he's not making phone calls? He's have to give up more than it's worth to acquire something valuable long term at this point in the season.

I swear, a little success and people forget all the misery of the past few years.

Reactions: Icicle

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Stop blaming Botterill. As of now, this season is a success. Some of the complainers are those who rail against the loss of Roslovic, Lemieux, etc. Let the season play out. Stop trying to push further now at the cost of long term success. Do you HONESTLY believe he's not making phone calls? He's have to give up more than it's worth to acquire something valuable long term at this point in the season.

I swear, a little success and people forget all the misery of the past few years.

We have actual scorers sitting in the AHL for Remi Elie

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I know Sobotka has been beaten to death but his lack of effort on defense is killing us he just stands there while we have Larsson and Girgs work their ass off. I'd rather have Pominville center a line before Sobotka because he actually gives a damn and doesn't stand there like a dead pylon.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

he did nothing as this team fell.

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists

Botteril has stocked the farm after it was depleted by Murray. His lack of moves now compares nothing to the void of a strong coach that has elevated the Blue Jackets, Canadiens, and Islanders, teams with lesser roster talent, to vault ahead of us.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Im so used to losing these games slide right off my back

I get the feeling alot of our roster is the same way
I hope your wrong, because I just dont feel that.. bad own goals last night.. they outplayed Tampa until they did the young team bs with the nonchslant pass turnover goal after a goal, that tied it.. they will learn , I believe they are more pissed than board or fans.. We will see out west ..2 0 1 , we make that thing that happens after the season, if not they have a few games after the break to prove themselves and to gm ..etc. Im watching.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Botteril has stocked the farm after it was depleted by Murray. His lack of moves now compares nothing to the void of a strong coach that has elevated the Blue Jackets, Canadiens, and Islanders, teams with lesser roster talent, to vault ahead of us.
Murray didn't deplete farm. He did dip into it to accelerate his vision but he didn't leave it like the Devils or Pens systems.

I would love for Botts to just try Nylander or Oloffson for 5-6 games in a position to succeed. If that doesn't pan out then look to the trade market.

He also needs to get Skinner signed before the All-Star break. During that time he can have some serious convos about a 2c with other GM's and have an idea what his structure is going forward.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Not with that attitude, i'm sure Ottawa would give up Duchene for Bailey, Guhle, and a 2nd.

Arguing with people stuck in that mode of delusion is pearls before swine.
Anyone but Duchene and Seguin.. it is early to test our culture if they lose and effort and buy in suddenly go south.. They played well against a better team tonight..A talented player is needed, Roc .. trade .. if its a trade I hope he picks the right one.. Maybe Duchene just has bad rap but Its the decision that makes or breaks Botts career. He has done well to get to this point.. Hopefully sticks to his gut and tells us all and those pressuring him to F off..

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018

Im going to read all the posts before replying.. My typing was unecessary.. Well said.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Not having a healthy/non-rusty Eichel the past 6-7 games has also been a huge factor. You really can't understate the effect he has on the outcome of the game for the Sabres. Especially when he's confident & rolling.

If we continue to struggle on the west coast trip I'm confident some moves will be made, starting with a callup or two from Rochester. Improvement needs to occur Mr. Botteril.

Cj Smith and Nylander need to be playing well before the TDL.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
And that's why you dont go on snooze mode against teams like the canes because whe you give 100,% against a team like Tampe you'll still likely too lose.

Reactions: DapperCam

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Lot of hockey left to be played. I'm not gonna throw out the possibility they go on another surge as the season goes on but I think it's time to lower expectations back to where they were before the season started so there's less disappointment when things just don't work out.

Reactions: Tatre and Vito_81

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- for the first time since Ruff & Darcy, games in January matter
- stepped up against best team in the league

B- McD drawing a penalty by skating ass first towards Captain

U- dropping out of a playoff spot

Reactions: searoc

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Lot of failed clearing attempts...not exactly the opponent you want to struggle getting out of your zone against. And definitely don’t want to feed pucks to them at the point.

Also felt this was the first time in a long while that a right-catching goalie made a notable difference. There were three or four shots that we took that were labeled that Domingue grabbed with the glove...wondering how many of those go in if that’s the blocker side of the goalie in this contest...

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
G- for the first time since Ruff & Darcy, games in January matter
- stepped up against best team in the league

B- McD drawing a penalty by skating ass first towards Captain

U- dropping out of a playoff spot
Didn't we have like a 90% chance of making the playoffs about a month and a half ago?

That's quite a turnaround

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
G:
- First two periods.

B:
- Third period.

U:
- Two minute minor to Larsson for getting punched in the face. Phantom elbow to Eichel. At the worst possible times in the third. Absolutely f***ing ridiculous. I try to keep a level head with these things (maybe we didn't deserve to win for how we showed up in the third)... but the refs stole that game for Tampa, and I can't figure out why. They don't need the refs help, they're a very talented team.

Last edited:

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Murray didn't deplete farm. He did dip into it to accelerate his vision but he didn't leave it like the Devils or Pens systems.

I would love for Botts to just try Nylander or Oloffson for 5-6 games in a position to succeed. If that doesn't pan out then look to the trade market.

He also needs to get Skinner signed before the All-Star break. During that time he can have some serious convos about a 2c with other GM's and have an idea what his structure is going forward.
Nah he just traded away 1sts and 2nds and prospects.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
First overall in the league at Thanksgiving, to completely out of a playoff spot in less than two months.

Congrats guys. They said it couldn’t be done, but you did it. Way to go.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Elie is waived as soon as Wilson is back. I have no problems having Elie up to sit in the press box the majority of the time. Allows the players we care about get playing time in Roch.

That is if they want Wilson up here and not want to keep him in the AHL for leadership reasons.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
First overall in the league at Thanksgiving, to completely out of a playoff spot in less than two months.

Congrats guys. They said it couldn’t be done, but you did it. Way to go.

Sad to say and worse to watch.

However, lots of hockey left. February will be make or break.

7 straight home games to start it off. A lot of very winnable games.

I would argue only 4 tough games out of the 13. (WPG,WSH,TB,TOR)

They need to get back to stringing together wins, and have a big Feb. Would put them in a good spot for March and the final push.

Now before all of that. Hopefully they can survive this upcoming Canadian west coast trip. 4 out of 6 points would be nice, but please dont come back with a goose-egg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad