Post-Game Talk (GBU): f*** off refs

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Not with that attitude, i'm sure Ottawa would give up Duchene for Bailey, Guhle, and a 2nd.

Arguing with people stuck in that mode of delusion is pearls before swine.
I'm talking about small moves, like calling a forward up to create a spark when our Secondary Scoring has proven to be historically bad. You know, basic GM stuff. It's not all his fault, his coach makes actively bad decisions on the roster every game.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
G:
We'll win a lot of games if we play the way we did tonight
Our middle lines had a lot of possession, and even scored some goals

B:
Can't even say I'm surprised by the officiating. The first 3 calls of the game went against Tampa, including a lengthy 5 on 3 (for a penalty that wasn't even a scoring chance). You absolutely knew the refs were looking to even up the number of powerplays after that. They seemed content to swallow their whistles and let the teams play, until Sergachev lost his mind and punched Larsson in the face with the butt of his stick. Only getting a 2 minute PP out of that was pretty lame, and then they called Eichel on a very weak penalty, and the rest is history.

U:
Scandella. I like that he scored, but he could have easily prevented 3 goals against if he could tie up sticks or clear the puck from the front of the net.

I was f***ing livid with that call on Zlarsdon.

The refs made it even out. First on the fake call against Larson thrn they had to do another because by rule it had to be 4 because of blood so they call that crap in Eichel but don’t call faking on the TB player.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Sucks to see it end that way. Larsson and Eichel penalty’s were a joke.

With that said, this team has been in a complete free fall since their winning streak. Playoffs are not happening unless something changes.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I’ll take his non-aggressiveness over what TM did. The team had a lot of luck to have that 10 game streak. I kind of wish it didn’t happen in the sense that it set fan expectations way too high. They were the worst team in the league last year. You can’t just flip a switch and be good.
I agree, but if you get a 10 Game Win Streak, you should be able to take advantage of that and make the playoffs. I just don't think it'd be for the player morale if they become a sub-.500 team the rest of the season.

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
I dont wanna see Risto Scandella pairing ever again, two of our laziest D's toghter is asking for problem.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Except moves are happening, trades are happening and Botts hasn't done anything. There is always trades to be made its whether or not Botts will do it.

I am not disagreeing that Botts hasn't done much but saying moves are happening is a bit disingenuous. Of the moves done, which of Koekkoek, Rutta, Weal, Graves, Carey, or Goloubef is the one that gets us into the playoffs? Who knows if a deal is even available for an impact player right now at a price that would make us happy?

Asymmetric Solution

Nov 29, 2018
It’s on Phil to not even address that. Fans should have made in rain. Absolute jobbed by refs. They stole the last lightning game from buffalo as well.

buffalojedwardo

Jan 3, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
I live in FL and hate the amount of fake hockey fans I have to tolerate. Just finished trolling on the Tampa page. Lets get our shit together and meet them in the playoffs. They're soft as baby Sh!t

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
I agree, but if you get a 10 Game Win Streak, you should be able to take advantage of that and make the playoffs. I just don't think it'd be for the player morale if they become a sub-.500 team the rest of the season.

Yeah but so many of those games were decided by luck. Now go back to all of the games on this losing streak and see how many they’ve lost by 1. They’re gonna need to be better than a 1 goal differential team to win on a consistent basis.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
It’s on Phil to not even address that. Fans should have made in rain. Absolute jobbed by refs. They stole the last lightning game from buffalo as well.

Hes gotta worry about how he effects his wife's political career. Cant have him going around calling out officials and disrespecting authority.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Yeah but so many of those games were decided by luck. Now go back to all of the games on this losing streak and see how many they’ve lost by 1. They’re gonna need to be better than a 1 goal differential team to win on a consistent basis.

As they said in the broadcast tonight, 7 of our last 8 road losses were 1 goal games. Why isn't luck attributable to those loses as well?

For the record, we are a bubble team. I am just pointing out how people attribute luck to a 10 game win streak because they were 1 goal games, but aren't willing to attribute bad luck to a losing streak also filled with 1 goal games. I think lots of games being decided by 1 goal is very indicative of the team being a bubble team.

EDIT: My apologies, originally when I read your post I misread it and thought you were attributing only the wins to luck. I see now we basically have the same opinion. Too much rye with a game like tonights.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo isn't making the playoffs this year. And I'm ok with that as long as the players are. It appears by their play that they are. Therefore, I'm cool with it to.

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
As they said in the broadcast tonight, 7 of our last 8 road losses were 1 goal games. Why isn't luck attributable to those loses as well?

For the record, we are a bubble team. I am just pointing out how people attribute luck to a 10 game win streak because they were 1 goal games, but aren't willing to attribute bad luck to a losing streak also filled with 1 goal games. I think lots of games being decided by 1 goal is very indicative of the team being a bubble team.

EDIT: My apologies, originally when I read your post I misread it and thought you were attributing only the wins to luck. I see now we basically have the same opinion.

These losses were decided by that same luck. My point is the differential needs to be higher.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
We need more out of Eichel if we're going to win. He basically has to get on the scoresheet for us to have a chance. That line didn't have a great overall game. Skinner was especially bad, trying to go through 3 Tampa defenders on numerous occasions.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
sports.png

Reactions: Fearnot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad