F Max Melicherik - HK Dukla Trencin U16 2 / Slovakia U16 2 (2029 Draft)

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I agree about West group is stronger than East, always is. And also about Max has a disappointing season so far, he´s snakebitten and sometimes showing he´s frustrated by that. But don´t worry, elite talent is still there and he didn´t forget to play hockey in 2 months.

I saw some of these kids play in person in several tournaments or so, I also know Max personally (a little bit) so for me it´s easy to compare them and there is a gap between Max and the others.

Time for a better comparision begins at worst in U18 league or U17 or what it is, where all the best teams are playing together. This is still only kid´s league where points shouldn´t be in the first place and as I wrote, the comparision here is quite useless - for several reasons. Somewhere in October the league was divided into qualitative groups where stronger teams are playing against stronger teams only and weaker teams same.

Or there is a garbage team like Lamac where some players can score 10-15 points per game and this makes a difference... and then someone like Misik (2011) may look like the better player than Max in some people's eyes because his stats looks better, but he isn´t by any means.
It is funny how people analyze stats and have no clue about significant differences among regions, teams, divisions, ...
Especially with those little kids, the level of competition is extremely different even if it appears as same league. Melicherik is playing against Slovan, Nitra, Ružinov, and they think it is the same as playing against Slávia Prešov or Sršne Košice.

Last edited:

stenlis

Feb 23, 2010
Do you know what the last time was when this league was tore up by a 13 year old? It was in 2012/13 season when Patrik Hrehorcak (born 1999) scored 98 points in 34 games.

Melicherik may be good at 13 yo, but it's too early to tell how he'll fare in the future. Give the kid a couple of years, if he's still leading Slovak statistics in 2026 he may be worth a look.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Do you know what the last time was when this league was tore up by a 13 year old? It was in 2012/13 season when Patrik Hrehorcak (born 1999) scored 98 points in 34 games.

Melicherik may be good at 13 yo, but it's too early to tell how he'll fare in the future. Give the kid a couple of years, if he's still leading Slovak statistics in 2026 he may be worth a look.
Absolutely!

Only posted it because some users criticized him for not leading the league a few months ago.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
It will be interesting to watch this kid. He is 2 years younger than most of that league, but he is also much bigger than most of the guys. He is already listed as 5-11 and 150 lbs. That is a big kid, I guess his parents knew when they gave him the name :)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It will be interesting to watch this kid. He is 2 years younger than most of that league, but he is also much bigger than most of the guys. He is already listed as 5-11 and 150 lbs. That is a big kid, I guess his parents knew when they gave him the name :)
Does his name mean something in Slovak?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The same as in English ;)
Max or Min, he is obviously Max when it comes to size in his age group.
Didn't think of it that way. Thought you were talking about his last name. Melicherik could mean anything in Slovak and I'd have no clue. Max is a regular name, but yes maximum is a different way of looking at it.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Does his name mean something in Slovak?

power-max-power.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad