F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024 Draft)

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Yea Id have Celebrini at 2. Maybe its recency bias a little bit, but he's more dynamic than either of the other 2 IMO. Its close either way and sort of apples to oranges

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I’m sure this debate has been had a million times but if he was in last years draft, would he go above Carlsson and/or Fantilli?
Personally, I prefer Celebrini by a hair. I do think that Carlsson and Fantilli could potentially score more, but I think Celebrini will be the best of the three. I wouldn’t blame anyone for preferring the other two though, it’s really that close.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Fantilli and Carlsson would go before Celebrini because of their size. All of them are having/had historic seasons so size would likely be the differentiator

Reactions: Lavar Ball

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’m sure this debate has been had a million times but if he was in last years draft, would he go above Carlsson and/or Fantilli?

Somewhat similar to Carlsson vs Fantilli it would not be obvious. I think there would be teams that had Celebrini 2nd, some 3rd, and some 4th. We had a thread on this earlier in the year.

Celebrini is more composed and polished, a very solid cerebral center, and is 8 months younger than Fantilli.

Fantilli is bigger, faster, and has a better shot.

Carlsson is the best playmaker and has the biggest frame, the most room for growth in my opinion.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Somewhat similar to Carlsson vs Fantilli it would not be obvious. I think there would be teams that had Celebrini 2nd, some 3rd, and some 4th. We had a thread on this earlier in the year.

Celebrini is more composed and polished, a very solid cerebral center, and is 8 months younger than Fantilli.

Fantilli is bigger, faster, and has a better shot.

Carlsson is the best playmaker and has the biggest frame, the most room for growth in my opinion.
Small correction; Celebrini is 20 months younger than Fantilli

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Always felt that Celebrini was vastly underrated by almost everyone including in the scouting community. At the start of the year I figured that he would be a ppg player as a 17 year old in the NCAA and that would give him a better than 50% chance of being the number one pick in the 24 draft.
I never imagined that as a 17 year old (and this cannot be stressed enough), he would be challenging for the scoring title (both in goals and ppg) against players several years older than himself.

He is such a complete player and has no weakesses. In the past 10 drafts, only McDavid, Mathews and Bedard would have gone ahead of him.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Celebrini would definitely go ahead of Fantilli. I’m not as familiar with Carlsson’s pre-draft profile but I assume Celebrini would go ahead of him too.
Celebrini plays in college. Carlsson played in the 3rd best league in the world. The SHL team Carlsson played for would annihilate every single college team in a game.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad