F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Always felt that Celebrini was vastly underrated by almost everyone including in the scouting community. At the start of the year I figured that he would be a ppg player as a 17 year old in the NCAA and that would give him a better than 50% chance of being the number one pick in the 24 draft.
I never imagined that as a 17 year old (and this cannot be stressed enough), he would be challenging for the scoring title (both in goals and ppg) against players several years older than himself.

He is such a complete player and has no weakesses. In the past 10 drafts, only McDavid, Mathews and Bedard would have gone ahead of him.
Eichel and Dahlin would’ve. Lafreniere also might’ve.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
I think Celebrini can contend with Bedard in time as I assume that once this kid physically matures and gains hopefully a lot more lower body strength, he could be one of the best players in the NHL say 5-7 years from now.

Absolutely. In ten years people will be saying how was it that he did not receive the pre draft hype that he deserved. He is a franchise level player who will be considered among the best in the game.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think Celebrini can contend with Bedard in time as I assume that once this kid physically matures and gains hopefully a lot more lower body strength, he could be one of the best players in the NHL say 5-7 years from now.
I doubt he'll be able to contend with Jack Hughes let alone Bedard... of course if Bedard turns out to be Jack Hughes light then Celebrini will have chances to get closer to him. But if Bedard is what people think he is then no chances.

Reactions: xigon

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Always felt that Celebrini was vastly underrated by almost everyone including in the scouting community. At the start of the year I figured that he would be a ppg player as a 17 year old in the NCAA and that would give him a better than 50% chance of being the number one pick in the 24 draft.
I never imagined that as a 17 year old (and this cannot be stressed enough), he would be challenging for the scoring title (both in goals and ppg) against players several years older than himself.

He is such a complete player and has no weakesses. In the past 10 drafts, only McDavid, Mathews and Bedard would have gone ahead of him.
He's a great player, but what do you mean by underrated. In my opinion, he lacks that natural skill of Matthews, Eichel, and MacKinnon. He's a great player, but those guys were fundamentally sound, but had that next dynamic trait., Bedard is a bit more limited, but has more obvious special talents.

Celebrini, has been a top guy for years. It's not like he's under the radar.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
He's a great player, but what do you mean by underrated. In my opinion, he lacks that natural skill of Matthews, Eichel, and MacKinnon. He's a great player, but those guys were fundamentally sound, but had that next dynamic trait., Bedard is a bit more limited, but has more obvious special talents.

Celebrini, has been a top guy for years. It's not like he's under the radar.
He's been underhyped because he's a Canadian who is playing in the NCAA. Bedard got the extreme hype because he stayed home and played in the Dub, and due to that, he got to play in the World Junior in his 16 and 17 year old year. Celebrini was definitely good enough to make the 2023 World Junior roster as a 16 year old, but because he was in the USHL, potential politics/less exposure to him from Hockey Canada almost guaranteed he wouldn't be invited to camp.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Mehhh, product of Lane Hutson :)

1710591078756.png

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I doubt he'll be able to contend with Jack Hughes let alone Bedard... of course if Bedard turns out to be Jack Hughes light then Celebrini will have chances to get closer to him. But if Bedard is what people think he is then no chances.
I wonder if you forgot the sarcasm emoji here but a lot of people forget that Hughes in his rookie season wasn't all that great and it's already extremely clear that bedard is trending as a better player than Jack and it's not even really close is it?

I think Celebrini, in terms of production will start off between the 2 guys and where he is after that with Jack hard to say but bedard is going to be the best of the 3 and it's not really all that close.

what a shot to get his 30th of the season.

Celebrini Goal - 12:26

It was a great shot but it was also really poor defensive play by not one but 2 opposition players.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
People can nitpick and say he’s not this level of talent or that level of talent…

…and yet at every single step of development all he does is shatter records and expectations while being younger than everybody else he plays against.

Prep…Juniors…NCAA…

The kid is going to be a superstar in the NHL…I think it’s money in the bank. Mack has the X factor in spades.

The lottery results are very very meaningful this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad