F Macklin Celebrini - Boston University Terriers, NCAA (2024 Draft)

Kuz

May 11, 2015
What could go wrong? (Ask Pens fans)
Penguins have in general been a good powerplay team. They are 5th in the league since Malkin entered in 06/07. They where third before this season started (Behind Washington and Tampa). Horrible this year, but in general Penguins have been among the best at PP with Malkin-Crosby. We are not seeing the prime versions of them any longer and the same with Ovechkin which means the powerplays are worse now. Doesnt mean they werent among the best at it in their primes.

Reactions: Deas

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Really wishing Mack joins the Ducks, but I'm envisioning him in a Sharks jersey... but at least it would be better than him joining the Blackhawks...
You guys most likely target lev or yamm man since you swapped Drysdale for Gauthier or maybe you decide to round out that top six with another highly skilled forward like demimedov

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You guys most likely target lev or yamm man since you swapped Drysdale for Gauthier or maybe you decide to round out that top six with another highly skilled forward like demimedov

Anaheim has one of the most enviable collection of prospect defensemen in the whole league. Mintyukov, Zellweger, Lacombe, Luneau, Hinds, Warren, and Dionicio is really stuffing the ballot box. If it lines up, I'm sure the Ducks would happily take Celebrini - just have to win the lottery.

Reactions: wetcoast

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Anaheim has one of the most enviable collection of prospect defensemen in the whole league. Mintyukov, Zellweger, Lacombe, Luneau, Hinds, Warren, and Dionicio is really stuffing the ballot box. If it lines up, I'm sure the Ducks would happily take Celebrini - just have to win the lottery.
Absolutely Celebrini is going #1 no matter who picks was just contemplating what their plan of attack on draft day would be if they did not get first. I do agree they have the deepest d man pool, just feels like they are lacking that potential top pair rhd. Even though luneau and Warren are great and I personally believe they have solid top four potential and it looks like minty will be capable of anchoring first pair duties with a solid partner. If they pick a d man with a first it's likely to be a righty and their future d-core will look like:
Minty-lev/yammchuck
Zellweger-luneau
Lacombe-warren
But my bet is they take a gamble on a dynamic forward if one is available in either eiserman or demimdov

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Just got around to watching the Saturday game vs BC from last weekend this morning. There was one shift in the second where Celebrini showcased everything I like about him all in the same shift.

First compete to win puck battle vs Smith
1707064121811.gif

Moments later, creates separation, attacks middle, and puck explodes off his stick
1707064366971.gif

Third vision to thread the needle for the feed
1707064299604.gif

All of this as a 17 year old against the number 1 team in the country. I don’t think Celebrini will single handedly dominate in the NHL, but he’ll make his teammates better and should produce plenty if you put him with other good players. Still seems like far from a finished product as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad