F Karl Henriksson - Frolunda J20, SuperElit (2019, 58th, NYR)

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Considering he’s not likely going any higher than round 3-4, I don’t think he was going to be drafted in the mid rounds anyway.

After around player 10 or so of the players for Sweden in a given draft, there are 10-20 who could be drafted in the later rounds. They are mostly interchangeable in assessing their likelihood to be picked. He might’ve ended up being a later pick or might’ve not been picked. His play has been elevated by playing with star players and his stats also have been elevated. That doesn’t mean scouts aren’t able to assess his play, but I’m sure it factors in, even if the scouts try not to factor in who he’s playing with.

Well.....

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
He didn't watch him and in three months will put out an ambiguous quote that can be taken either way good/bad when he finally gets a chance to see him play and see his opinion based on nothing was wrong.

But the scouts that actually watched this kid should be fired, the same ones that drafted Nils, Kravtsov and KK.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He didn't watch him and in three months will put out an ambiguous quote that can be taken either way good/bad when he finally gets a chance to see him play and see his opinion based on nothing was wrong.

But the scouts that actually watched this kid should be fired, the same ones that drafted Nils, Kravtsov and KK.

Don't you know? PB watches 54 games a day

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He's fantastic, I had Henriksson 31st on my final list. He's small, but is so coachable and is one of the smartest players in this draft. Looked fantastic at all areas on the ice, on the PP/PK, and is an absurd faceoff man. Question will be how much offencive potential will eventually translate to the pros, but man oh man there is a lot to like here.

The poster you quoted swore up and down that K'Andre Miller is the next Sean Day. There's a great quote I heard from someone that pertains to PB, "often wrong never in doubt".

Reactions: Miamipuck

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So, you saw him in one tournament and formulated your opinion? Oof.

Unlike many in this section at this time of year, and probably you, I watch these players throughout the season instead of tuning into one tournament throughout the season. I’ve seen Henriksson more than enough to form an informed opinion.

If you like this pick so much, I suspect you’d like to switch second round picks and ship Lavoie to my team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Unlike many in this section at this time of year, and probably you, I watch these players throughout the season instead of tuning into one tournament throughout the season. I’ve seen Henriksson more than enough to form an informed opinion.

If you like this pick so much, I suspect you’d like to switch second round picks and ship Lavoie to my team.

You watch SuperElit games at work? :laugh:

Reactions: Miamipuck

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I'll happily shill for my teams' prospects when others will not; I'm sure Mr. Henriksson will thank me one day

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

You just posted in this thread you havent seen him with Frolunda.

So how have you watched him enough to form an opinion?

Or did you forget posting that.

"I have a different opinion. I could be wrong, but I think he looks like a product of Raymond and Holtz for Sweden. I haven't seen him play for Frolunda's junior team, but I believe he plays on the same line as Raymond for that team, so I suspect it's the same thing." - Pavel Buchnevich 2019.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You just posted in this thread you havent seen him with Frolunda.

So how have you watched him enough to form an opinion?

Or did you forget posting that.

"I have a different opinion. I could be wrong, but I think he looks like a product of Raymond and Holtz for Sweden. I haven't seen him play for Frolunda's junior team, but I believe he plays on the same line as Raymond for that team, so I suspect it's the same thing." - Pavel Buchnevich 2019.

I’m surprised that this could be hard for anyone to understand. It makes no sense to me how someone could try to think about what they are reading, and still feel the need to question me after thinking about what they had read.

There’s this thing called playing for your country. Countries around the world play best on best international tournaments against each other throughout a season. It’s the red category on elite prospects.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I’m surprised that this could be hard for anyone to understand. It makes no sense to me how someone could try to think about what they are reading, and still feel the need to question me after thinking about what they had read.

There’s this thing called playing for your country. Countries around the world play best on best international tournaments against each other throughout a season. It’s the red category on elite prospects.
So a small sample size is all you've seen, rather than a larger sample size like most scouts.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
So a small sample size is all you've seen, rather than a larger sample size like most scouts.

I could have never watched Henriksson play, and I could still dislike the pick. It’s called an opinion.

You don’t know what I have and haven’t watched. Pick a fight with someone else. Don’t waste your time replying because I’m not replying back any further to your deliberate trolling.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Pretty solid pick for you guys. I think he's underrated by quite a lot of people on here and has clear second-line upside to my eyes.

Reactions: AB13

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Good pick, skilled, creative, hardworking, a great skater and good both ways, while also putting up the most points on the Swedish gold medal winning U18 tam. He has very few flaws to his game, besides being undersided, but he is strong and wins battles against larger players regardless. Top 6 upside in my eyes.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
He was up there with the leaders with five points, pretty good! I didn't watch the games but he definitely contributed.

He had serious problems at 5v5, which is to be expected for a small, 2nd rd 18 yr old. But he did show skill when he had time & space, so there’s room to grow.

Reactions: Reddawg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad