F Jeremy Gregoire (2013, 176th, MTL)

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
8 points in 2 games last week and 19 points in 13 games since returning from that wrist injury.

Looking like another good late-round pick for the Habs!

Last edited:

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
The guy has been carrying the team on his back. 5 pts tonight (3G, 2A)

He is now right behind Ehlers in QMJHL playoffs scoring with 15 pts in 7 games (2.14 PPG). He also leads the Q with a +10.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Impressive playoff run for him, too bad his team came up short in OT in game 7 but he had a heck of a game. Interested to see how he does in the AHL next year.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Great article and gesture by Jeremy. Shows what kind of person he is:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/canadiens-prospect-gregoire-gives-up-award-to-help-runner-up-talbot-tassi-233728412.html

When Jeremy Gregoire won the Guy Lafleur Award of Excellence –a $6,000 bursary to put towards his education – he didn’t think twice about what he was going to do with it.

The captain of the Baie-Comeau Drakkar had won the same award in 2014 and after signing a three-year entry level contract with the Montreal Canadiens in January, he decided to help someone else. That person was the runner-up, Moncton Wildcats defenceman Dominic Talbot-Tassi.

“I was lucky enough to win two times in a row,” said Gregoire, who earned his CEGEP diploma with an 87 per cent average. “Both times Dominic finished second. It was an honour to have the prize go to him because he’s not only a good hockey player too, but a good student.

“I already have one (bursary), so it was the least I could give him.”

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
I met him once, very genuine and nice kid. Very mature and already physically strong. With the right amount of work he can have an NHL career, now what level will he reach in the pros is still up for debate.

But he strikes me as a kid who will SUCCEED, wether it's in hockey or in his studies. But he's a hockey lover, so he'll do whatever it takes to play for the Montreal Canadiens one day.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
He's probably going to be an NHL regular, which makes him a steal for where he was drafted.

He has long been considered an elite player, and captained a team Quebec that featured Drouin, Duclair, Gauthier, and Morin to a silver medal at Canada games, losing to Lazar's Team BC while also leading his team in goals.

Give him a year or 2 in the AHL and he'll be competing for a spot on the 4th line.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
He's probably going to be an NHL regular, which makes him a steal for where he was drafted.

He has long been considered an elite player, and captained a team Quebec that featured Drouin, Duclair, Gauthier, and Morin to a silver medal at Canada games, losing to Lazar's Team BC while also leading his team in goals.

Give him a year or 2 in the AHL and he'll be competing for a spot on the 4th line.

His draft position was really reflective of a bunch of factors: An injury early in his draft year, playing as a checker during the U-18's, and his size, which is below NHL average, and his skating (probably affected by his knee injury). While he still seems to have the injury bug, I think that he's shown his offensive talent now, and his skating is much improved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad