F Jeremy Gregoire (2013, 176th, MTL)

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
I haven't read too much about Gregoire, but he seems to have a couple things going for him as a prospect- decent stats, decent size, young for the draft year. Can those who have seen a bunch of him give me your thoughts?

I've seen him listed as both a LW and a C, does he play both?

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Gregoire primary plays wing, he's agressive on the forechecker and really likes to throw his weight around. He's a hard worker with good size who will go to the dirty areas. He had a tough start to his season, as everyone thought he would produce more offensively than he did. He was shipped to Baie-Comeau in a pretty big deal, and has been thriving ever since. Drakkar are now in the final four, and Gregoire is having a big impact.

Max Talbot looks like a good comparison, but I think Gregoire could produce a bit more offensively in the NHL eventually. Still a long way to go for him though and not necessary a can't-miss prospect.

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
Gregoire primary plays wing, he's agressive on the forechecker and really likes to throw his weight around. He's a hard worker with good size who will go to the dirty areas. He had a tough start to his season, as everyone thought he would produce more offensively than he did. He was shipped to Baie-Comeau in a pretty big deal, and has been thriving ever since. Drakkar are now in the final four, and Gregoire is having a big impact.

Max Talbot looks like a good comparison, but I think Gregoire could produce a bit more offensively in the NHL eventually. Still a long way to go for him though and not necessary a can't-miss prospect.

I totally agree. He would be a good pick in the mid-rounds for a team that needs gritty bottom-6 players in the prospect pool.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
He has 12 goals (16 pts) in 10 games in the Q. He's also one of the youngest players in the 2013 draft so he just turned 18.:)

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
the guy always had the skills....he is super smart, not flashy but always makes the right play, excellent vision and great goal scoring ability, he has a quick wrist shot, very accurate, excellent slapshot very good hands...his skating is still a little sluggish but has made excellent strides....he has great leadership qualities and is a good two way worker...with his skills he should have been taken higher in the draft though he was under producing his skills that he possessed were off the charts.

NHL scouts IMO really missed the boat on this guy, he is a guy who IMO will not make the NHL till he is 22 or 23 but I think he will be there and not a point per game player but I think a very good 3rd line player who will be a 30 to 40 point guy who is a two way gem and great leadership

Last edited:

Analyzer*

If you get an NHL player with a 7th round pick then you've got a steal.

6th round. So, not as big of a steal ?

He still needs to continue to play strong. He needs to be able to be effective in Hamilton and he needs to be better than a few others prospects to earn a spot in the NHL.

He's not a sure shot to be in the NHL. However, he seems to be like Bournival with more offensive (?)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
6th round. So, not as big of a steal ?

He still needs to continue to play strong. He needs to be able to be effective in Hamilton and he needs to be better than a few others prospects to earn a spot in the NHL.

He's not a sure shot to be in the NHL. However, he seems to be like Bournival with more offensive (?)

He's got just as good numbers as Poirier this year, Flames first rounder. Who is almost 9 months older.

FinnSkillz28

Dec 9, 2013
Kouvola,Finland
Maybe a bit off topic,but just watching Canadiens last two drafts and rounds 2-7 picks include guys like : Hudon,Vail,Bozon,Thrower,Collberg,Gregoire,Reway,Andrighetto,Fucale,Lehkonen and de la Rose quite a many good players for me :O

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Maybe a bit off topic,but just watching Canadiens last two drafts and rounds 2-7 picks include guys like : Hudon,Vail,Bozon,Thrower,Collberg,Gregoire,Reway,Andrighetto,Fucale,Lehkonen and de la Rose quite a many good players for me :O

True...but just 2-3 years ago guys like Danny Kristo, Darren Dietz, Louis Leblanc, Nygren, Morgan Ellis all looked like solid prospects. A few many still turn it around but as they got older and started pro holes in their game became evident.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Sorry for the bump from the grave, but why hasn'r Gregoire played a game this year?

Injured his wrist at Habs' rookie camp. Had to have surgery. He's been behind the bench since the beginning of the season. Set to return fairly soon no official date yet though.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Injured his wrist at Habs' rookie camp. Had to have surgery. He's been behind the bench since the beginning of the season. Set to return fairly soon no official date yet though.

Thanks for the quick response!

Usually eliteprospects lists if a player is out due to injury, but it didn't come up (so either they're simply missing it or he's been cleared), and a quick google search surprisingly came up empty for me.

Any chances he'd be a late add to Team Canada if he is back?

Also like that he went behind the bench during his time out. Great experience!

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Thanks for the quick response!

Usually eliteprospects lists if a player is out due to injury, but it didn't come up (so either they're simply missing it or he's been cleared), and a quick google search surprisingly came up empty for me.

Any chances he'd be a late add to Team Canada if he is back?

Also like that he went behind the bench during his time out. Great experience!

No chance with the roster that came out this morning. Not to mention he wasn't a lock by any means to make the team. Probably would have made it to camp though if healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad