F Ivan Miroshnichenko (2022, 20th, WSH)

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
The issue is resolved, Ivan will play at the WJC U18.
For this tourney. They granted him a special one-time permission to visit USA for no more than 30 days. The issue is obviously not resolved and most probably will recur in the future. It's strange that americans give no explanations behind their strange actions.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Another interesting thing, all those hockey prospect experts. They follow Miroshnichenko for sure, they follow WJC U18 for sure as well. Not a single one of them says anything about the situation. You say, they don't wanna talk about it without having any information? Yeah, when that Panarin/Nazarov shit happened, nobody had any information as well, and there were thousands of people talking about it, all those experts were ahead of them all. "Putin's revenge, blah-blah". They all keep silent now. Why, I wonder...

What did I say about the Panarin situation? I’m not even sure I commented on that, and I don’t tend to make reckless comments about serious issues I don’t have complete information about, so go find me something I said wrong about that. And there’s also a lot more information about that. There were two sides to it that both sides publicly voiced and spoke about. This, we haven’t heard either side of the story. All we have is the result of what happened.

I absolutely don’t flack for the US government or any government. My beliefs are opposed to giving a lot of power and trust to the government.

This should not be approached recklessly. No one knows the reason, so until we do, it’s best not to speculate. If the reason is not a good reason, it should be criticized. If it’s legitimate, it shouldn’t be criticized.

BlueBull

Habby Man
Oct 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
When he becomes a Superstar, this is going to be by far the most annoying NHL name to pronounce.

Reguardless, Great Player. Hope he has a great future.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
When he becomes a Superstar, this is going to be by far the most annoying NHL name to pronounce.

Reguardless, Great Player. Hope he has a great future.

Nah, he's like Mukhamadullin. Terrible on look, but very easy to pronounce for English speaking people - Mi-rosh-ni-CHEN-ko. Some Russian simple last names like Bykov are actually much harder to pronounce.

I still remember, what NHL announcer did to Mylnikov name at the CC87.

Reactions: Muffinalt

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Had a solid tourny for an underager. Hockey IQ has started to be questioned. I hope he develops well into an elite goal scorer at the NHL level. If he doesn't developed as hoped, people won't be able to blame his deficiencies on him going to North America early though since they were discovered early on while he was in Russia :sarcasm:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
#10 for team Russia at the U18, right?
Imo he did well mostly because he’s much more stout than those he was playing against. I like him, but will need to see him, when he doesn’t have that advantáge.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
#10 for team Russia at the U18, right?
Imo he did well mostly because he’s much more stout than those he was playing against. I like him, but will need to see him, when he doesn’t have that advantáge.

Yes #10 on Russia . He did not have a large size advantage and was not much more "stout" than others, he is 6'1 185 lbs .While that is good size for his age, it certainly wasn't among the biggest in the tournament to the point it would give him an advantage. That is to say he is no Nichuchkin

Reactions: Tube Skates

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yes #10 on Russia . He did not have a large size advantage and was not much more "stout" than others, he is 6'1 185 lbs .While that is good size for his age, it certainly wasn't among the biggest in the tournament to the point it would give him an advantage. That is to say he is no Nichuchkin
He’s a block. I’ll wait to see how he does against guys who have his size and strength. Imo he will strugglè as he moves up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I see a pretty high floor. Worst case, we’re talking about an Oliver Wahlstrom. If he’s a higher tier version of that type of player, maybe he’s a Kovalchuk. But I think he’s probably projecting somewhere in between that. Probably won’t reach the Kovalchuk level of ceiling, but I like his game more than I liked Wahlstrom’s game.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Seemed like a more physical player than I saw last season. Playing along the boards, cycling, fighting off defenders. Played a very North American friendly game

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I really liked him at the U-18s a few months ago. He’s a heck of a hockey player.

Russia has some really good players in the next two drafts coming up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad