F Ivan Miroshnichenko (2022, 20th, WSH)

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He's going to be very good. A first line sniping winger. Could end up one of the best players from the 2022 draft. I love that he's on the Caps (even though it will hurt my team at some point) because he gets to learn from Ovi. He's like a mini Ovi.
I hope, but I think the likely end result is a bit lower. He does play enough of a rounded game that he won't look out of place on a top 2 line.

What's interesting is just how much his growth could be considering he's so close to recovering from a dangerous disease.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Can’t see how he’s not a regular and getting some good PP and scoring line opportunities next year.

The Caps quietly have put together a pretty solid set of forwards to build their next team around. Leonard is obviously the jewel but if Miro is able to translate his considerable skillet and IQ up a level - that could be two first line wingers in the future. Lapierre looked good as a rookie and while I’m not totally sold on McMichaels still as a core piece, that’s still two solid pieces in the middle and the very versatile Protas as a Swiss army middle six piece.

It’s not a list that’s gonna top any prospect poll but it’s definitely a “stock up” organization compared to last fall IMO. Probably still need that key blueline piece - Sandin, Fehervary and Iorio strike me as more complimentary parts. And a top notch center. So work isn’t done. But I was surprised at how much I liked some of what is there especially considering this is definitely an org that is widely seen as “youth” poor. You’ve got a never ending conveyor belt of goalies too with Stevenson next up.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The mini-Ovie comps just jump at you. I think people forget how highly regarded he was before cancer. He was the #6 ranked prospect for 2022 in Bobby Mac’s first survey for that season before the cancer diagnosis. He’s got the game compilation time of a guy drafted last year and I think much of it has been spent just getting back into shape and then adjusting to North American hockey.

I’m not gonna pretend his resume thus far is that of a can’t miss prospect but the “pops” are becoming more exciting and frequent and he could be a dark horse Calder candidate for next season.

Plus - pretty easy to root for a kid who lost his pivotal age 18 year to cancer, battled through four rounds of chemo and now looks back on track for an NHL career. :thumbu:

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Glad that he’s performing well in the playoffs. He looked great in bursts at the NHL level this year, but often it seemed like he was overthinking things instead of just going off instinct. I think it’ll come with more experience.

Reactions: FromChaos22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad