F Ivan Miroshnichenko (2022, 20th, WSH)

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
It wouldn’t allow richer teams like the Leafs to buy out KHL contracts that smaller market teams could not afford, all w/o affecting the cap. Essentially, it would be cap circumvention, and pretty blatant cap circumvention.

I’d be all for it if the buyout money went against the team’s cap.
Seems like it would be the most easily circumventable rule in league history. I was thinking of it more in the Michkov thread, but it applies to Miro as well. Let's say the Canucks drafted Michkov, what's stopping a bank who already has a relationship with our billionaire owner/family from simply loaning Michkov enough money to buy out his contract?

IE. Miro and the Capitals owned by Leonsis. There's no way in hell Leonsis can't find someone to loan Miro a million dollars. What could the league possibly do about it?
Considering they would be loaning it to a guy who will immediately sign a contract worth a shade under 3$M guaranteed money.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
Seems like it would be the most easily circumventable rule in league history. I was thinking of it more in the Michkov thread, but it applies to Miro as well. Let's say the Canucks drafted Michkov, what's stopping a bank who already has a relationship with our billionaire owner/family from simply loaning Michkov enough money to buy out his contract?

IE. Miro and the Capitals owned by Leonsis. There's no way in hell Leonsis can't find someone to loan Miro a million dollars. What could the league possibly do about it?
Considering they would be loaning it to a guy who will immediately sign a contract worth a shade under 3$M guaranteed money.
and who exactly (in the NHL) wouldn't benefit from being able to buy out KHL players so they can come play sooner? I'd imagine all teams could likely afford to spend a few mil in order to get their top prospects over from Russia sooner if they want to do so.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
2 assists last night playing with Ovechkin. Has the physical tools to be a 80 pt winger. Likely will be in AHL to start but he's defensively responsible so the coach may keep him. No talk about this guy for whatever reason. Obscure low upside prospects are more interesting I guess.

itsjustsurvival

These are my last, last words
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
2 assists last night playing with Ovechkin. Has the physical tools to be a 80 pt winger. Likely will be in AHL to start but he's defensively responsible so the coach may keep him. No talk about this guy for whatever reason. Obscure low upside prospects are more interesting I guess.
I'm glad you posted this. I was thinking the same thing.

He had a really strong game. Aside from the physical tools you mention, Miroshnichenko has so many desirable details to his game, especially for such a young player. He does a great job of going in and out of the slot. He'll battle hard then release and get lost in coverage or become a pass option from the point. Stays engaged in the play at both ends of the ice. He made several simple but clever possession plays.

He also seemed comfortable playing with Backstrom and Ovechkin. Did not seem out of place whatsoever. Played a smart, energetic, and confident game. Complimented his linemates very well. I was thoroughly impressed.

In a system that hasn't had too many high-end prospects lately, he looks extremely promising. If he continues at this level through the rest of the preseason, it will make for some interesting roster decisions for sure.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He will get his hype soon enough. I think his lost season really derailed the publicity train. It hurt his draft stock and subsequently put him out of mind for most. And last season he was just getting back into game form so it wasn’t about eye popping numbers as he shuffled around levels of Russian hockey.

He’s in a great situation in Washington, his physical tools remain drool worthy and his coming back from Hodgkins should serve as a testament to his mentality.

He may not be on many fan top prospect lists right now because of our Twitter and tik tok influenced attention spans but he’s absolutely an elite, high end prospect if the signs that his development is fully back are proving true.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
He will get his hype soon enough. I think his lost season really derailed the publicity train. It hurt his draft stock and subsequently put him out of mind for most. And last season he was just getting back into game form so it wasn’t about eye popping numbers as he shuffled around levels of Russian hockey.

He’s in a great situation in Washington, his physical tools remain drool worthy and his coming back from Hodgkins should serve as a testament to his mentality.

He may not be on many fan top prospect lists right now because of our Twitter and tik tok influenced attention spans but he’s absolutely an elite, high end prospect if the signs that his development is fully back are proving true.

This kid was #4 on my list for the 2022 draft. I'm still absolutely shocked at how far he fell on draft day. He's going to be an absolute steal.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
This kid was #4 on my list for the 2022 draft. I'm still absolutely shocked at how far he fell on draft day. He's going to be an absolute steal.
It's pretty funny - it goes to show you how short our (the royal "us" of course) collective memories are - the HFB Top 50 prospect poll for the summer just completed not long ago and (unless I am totally spacing here and just missing him) - Miroshnichenko not only didn't make the top 50 - he wasn't even in the next 35 names to be voted on. I mean you had guys like William Dufour (or whoever, pick another of any 50 names - no disrespect to Dufour who is a quality prospect who has flashed some good signs this preseason) getting votes. And Miro wasn't even a mentioned as a possibility.

That's how far this dude has fallen out of the collective consciousness (and yes, also maybe just not a horde of Caps fans voting like some other fanbases - though Leonard was like #8 or something so I'm not sure it's a team bias thing).

And it's gonna look downright silly soon enough.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Screenshot 2023-09-29 213247.jpg

lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad