F Frank Nazar - Michigan Wolverines, NCAA (2022, 13th, CHI)

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Nazar have a chance to become a top 5 pick?

He looks pretty talented.
I’m far from an expert on the USNTDP, but I’ve liked Nazar the best of that amazing American ‘04 group going back 2+ years. I’d still take him before Cooley - perhaps making a massive error in the process - and seeing as how Cooley’s generating a consensus as a top-5 pick, I would say yes.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Nazar have a chance to become a top 5 pick?

He looks pretty talented.
The biggest difference to me is that Cooley will be a center in the NHL and Nazar seems more like a winger to me. Nazar was definitely underrated for a while. I could see him going top 10. But, I don’t think his game is as translatable as Cooley’s or some other guys that will go top 5.

Frankly, I’d take Wright, Cooley, Nemec, Savoie, and Lambert ahead of him just based on being able to project their skill set into the nhl and/or higher upside.

Luc Poitras

Feb 21, 2019
The biggest difference to me is that Cooley will be a center in the NHL and Nazar seems more like a winger to me. Nazar was definitely underrated for a while. I could see him going top 10. But, I don’t think his game is as translatable as Cooley’s or some other guys that will go top 5.

Frankly, I’d take Wright, Cooley, Nemec, Savoie, and Lambert ahead of him just based on being able to project their skill set into the nhl and/or higher upside.
I completely agree - he's a natural winger... not a center.

Reactions: MichaelFarrell

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Just watched his shift by shift compilation. He really reminds me of Nikita Kucherov at the same age. I mean style of play. The same skill set: soft hands, lethal wrist shot, playmaking abilities, decent play w/out puck.
But also the same concerns: can he translate this to NHL level?

add. Yes, of course I’m just starting to watch 2022 prospects and didn’t see a lot of Nazar, but doesn’t see a lot of troubles regarding his skating

Last edited:

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Just watched his shift by shift compilation. He really reminds me of Nikita Kucherov at the same age. I mean style of play. The same skill set: soft hands, lethal wrist shot, playmaking abilities, decent play w/out puck.
But also the same concerns: can he translate this to NHL level?

add. Yes, of course I’m just starting to watch 2022 prospects and didn’t see a lot of Nazar, but doesn’t see a lot of troubles regarding his skating
Nobody is like Kuch. You honestly can't say that yet because it took Kucherov a good while to get to his dominator form

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I completely agree - he's a natural winger... not a center.

I adamantly disagree. Nazar’s ability to create offense from the middle of the ice, particularly on the rush, is unparalleled in this draft. Offensively, he is a natural center. The question is whether he can handle defensive center responsibilities at the NHL level.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Nazar had an outstanding game today. Making a strong case to be a top 5 pick.

Reactions: montreal

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Big potential. One of my target for Habs if they don't pick top 3. Really like his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00