F Frank Nazar - Michigan Wolverines, NCAA (2022, 13th, CHI)

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Nazar has been fantastic this season. Definitely the most creative American in the draft. He also thinks the game like a center and I think he stays there. Would bet he’s a top 10 pick.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Wings fan checking in with the hope that he's available at 12. Holy crap I hadn't gotten around to looking into him yet but he's got tons of skill and the skating + vision to stick at C. Gonna be another good one, I think.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he’s looked good, but he’s not a center for me. He’s small, compete level isn’t bad but not good enough for a small forward, he’s not that strong for his size, plays on the perimeter, and his skating is good enough for not great for his size. I’d give him about the chance that Keller had to stick at the position. I think he’s more likely a winger.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I think he’s looked good, but he’s not a center for me. He’s small, compete level isn’t bad but not good enough for a small forward, he’s not that strong for his size, plays on the perimeter, and his skating is good enough for not great for his size. I’d give him about the chance that Keller had to stick at the position. I think he’s more likely a winger.

He's probably not a center, no. But you listed him as one of the best skaters in the draft, didn't you?

Herb Brooksie

Nov 20, 2021
When Cooley is back they should try this top 6. They love running the top two lines so why not stack them. The third and fourth lines are already solid with Spicer/Kaplan/Lucius then Berard/Hejduk. Also, I would really love to see Gabe Perreault play a few games with Spicer/Kaplan. They should open tons of space for him.

Rutger - Cooley - Snuggerud
Howard - Cutter - Nazar

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Went back and watched a bunch of games from earlier this season. He's been a big impact guy this season. I've liked his play more than Cooley. Probably the best performing player this season from what I've seen.

I still have some concerns. The compete level isn't bad, but undersized guy without elite skating. Is he a center? Does he have the standout offensive attributes to be a 1PPG guy in the NHL?

I could see how he answers these questions, and ends up a 1C. But if he's only a middle six winger, I also see how that happens. Tough player to evaluate, although I do think he's been really good this season.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I'm seeing him listed as a C/W on multiple sites and lists. Does anyone know if he plays Center with any regularity?

He has played center all season. He also thrives creating from the middle. The concerns with him sticking there stem from size and his defensive game.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
He has played center all season. He also thrives creating from the middle. The concerns with him sticking there stem from size and his defensive game.

Those are pretty big concerns though in projecting an NHL-level center.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Hope to see him on the Knights next season :)
843C347F-BC86-488C-981F-67DAB683DF0F.jpeg

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Those are pretty big concerns though in projecting an NHL-level center.

I agree, but he’s a surefire scoring winger with a few places to improve in order to play center. Incredibly skilled. I have him in the top 10.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Frank had a brilliant game last night, one of the best that I've seen from a 2022 eligible so far. Howard's goal should not have counted, but that's no comment on Nazar's assist as that play is a goal 99.99% of the time. His combination of skating, puck handling and willingness to challenge defenders is unique in this draft class. If he develops well, he will be a star in this league. Reminds me of Troy Terry.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00