F Filip Zadina - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2018, 6th, DET)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Not allowed to discuss prospect?

You still didn't acknowledge my post. One of your reasons for not being high on Zadina is because of a so-called "poor playoff performance", in your own words. I guess this must mean you aren't thrilled with your teams pick at 3? Or let me guess, Kotkaniemi gets a pass here because....?

Zadina putting up 12 points in 9 playoff games is underwhelming, so please enlighten me with your views on Kotkaniemi's playoffs.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You still didn't acknowledge my post. One of your reasons for not being high on Zadina is because of a so-called "poor playoff performance", in your own words. I guess this must mean you aren't thrilled with your teams pick at 3? Or let me guess, Kotkaniemi gets a pass here because....?

Zadina putting up 12 points in 9 playoff games is underwhelming, so please enlighten me with your views on Kotkaniemi's playoffs.

Sure, he had bad POs too. But to put into perspective, Laganiere and Matshukin both had less than 4 points each. Its not the same league at all. A guy like Aho only has 5 points in 10 games in his draft year, Barkov, as exceptional as he is only had 5 assists in 5 games.

Zadina was mostly just neutralized in the POs, not in a men league where he gets 3rd line minutes, in the Q, where he gets all the minutes and opportunities and plays against opposition that is easy for him.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal

Sorry, but you really can't compare Kotkaniemi's playoffs in a man's league against Zadina's in a league with players his age.

Anyway, we shouldn't be comparing these prospects, I think Wings fans are being overdramatic, nobody is criticizing the Detroit pick or pumping Kotkaniemi's tires on this thread. He's discussing specifically about what he doesn't like about Zadina. Which is... what people are allowed to do on a prospect thread regardless of the team they root for.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i don't get why people are arguing about who's the best pick... both are for their respective team.
i said this before, i said it post draft, The reason i feel like zadina fell off and why i didn't want to pick him is because he can't win 1v1 battle even in Junior vs 16-21 year old. but he's 18 year old that can change! he's got a heck of a wrister tho, it's already NHL elite ready! but he's a complimentary winger who does not control the paced of a game... just like pacioretty, Montreal didn't have anyone to make him look good and he would of been a bad pick for us! we instead gambled on a talented late birthday Center. Everyone is happy. At least I am!

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Sorry, but you really can't compare Kotkaniemi's playoffs in a man's league against Zadina's in a league with players his age.

Anyway, we shouldn't be comparing these prospects, I think Wings fans are being overdramatic, nobody is criticizing the Detroit pick or pumping Kotkaniemi's tires on this thread. He's discussing specifically about what he doesn't like about Zadina. Which is... what people are allowed to do on a prospect thread regardless of the team they root for.

Ok fine, let's compare their playoff production relative to their own regular season production on their respective teams. Zadina was first on his team in regular season points, and first on his team in playoff points. Kotkaniemi was 3rd on his team in regular season points and 12th on his team in playoff points. I'm not really sure which player here "had a bad playoffs".

Also for the record, this is a thread about Zadina, and Habs fans are here voicing their opinions as to how "Zadina struggled in the playoffs". I'm just defending the player my team chose on a thread devoted to this player. Pretty comical in my opinion that this Habs fan points out "Zadina's bad playoff production" yet is extremely happy with Montreal's pick at 3, considering this same player's playoff numbers are laughable.

I agree both are solid prospects, but I'm not the one downplaying Kotkaniemi's skills on a Kotkaniemi thread.

Reactions: mantha39
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Sure, he had bad POs too. But to put into perspective, Laganiere and Matshukin both had less than 4 points each. Its not the same league at all. A guy like Aho only has 5 points in 10 games in his draft year, Barkov, as exceptional as he is only had 5 assists in 5 games.

Zadina was mostly just neutralized in the POs, not in a men league where he gets 3rd line minutes, in the Q, where he gets all the minutes and opportunities and plays against opposition that is easy for him.

Barkov: 5 points in 5 games, 1.0 points per game, very respectable
Aho: 5 points in 10 games, 0.5 points per game, not great, but still not laughable
Then this other guy had 1 assist in 7 games, ouch.

Funny how you bring up Zadina's poor playoffs (even though he had 12 pts in 9 games), yet completely ignore Kotkaniemi's 1 point in 7 games. Which guy struggled in the playoffs? Hmmm.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ok fine, let's compare their playoff production relative to their own regular season production on their respective teams. Zadina was first on his team in regular season points, and first on his team in playoff points. Kotkaniemi was 3rd on his team in regular season points and 12th on his team in playoff points. I'm not really sure which player here "had a bad playoffs".

Also for the record, this is a thread about Zadina, and Habs fans are here voicing their opinions as to how "Zadina struggled in the playoffs". I'm just defending the player my team chose on a thread devoted to this player. Pretty comical in my opinion that this Habs fan points out "Zadina's bad playoff production" yet is extremely happy with Montreal's pick at 3, considering this same player's playoff numbers are laughable.

I agree both are solid prospects, but I'm not the one downplaying Kotkaniemi's skills on a Kotkaniemi thread.
Firstly, I don't think anyone said it was a big deal that Zadina wasn't as good as he should have been in the playoffs. Secondly, that is such a terrible way to compare them based on their production for their respective teams. Yeah, Kotkaniemi sucks becuase he couldn't beat players much older than him in a mens league. The entire Assat team was, well, they were ass in the playoffs. Nobody ever said that Kotkaniemi absolutely tore up the playoffs, because he obviously didn't. But why are you comparing the Q to the Liiga?

Reactions: Acadien86

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Barkov: 5 points in 5 games, 1.0 points per game, very respectable
Aho: 5 points in 10 games, 0.5 points per game, not great, but still not laughable
Then this other guy had 1 assist in 7 games, ouch.

Funny how you bring up Zadina's poor playoffs (even though he had 12 pts in 9 games), yet completely ignore Kotkaniemi's 1 point in 7 games. Which guy struggled in the playoffs? Hmmm.
I dont get it, why do wr have to compare :laugh: im trying to discuss Zadina FFS

Reactions: Acadien86

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I dont get it, why do wr have to compare :laugh: im trying to discuss Zadina FFS

Then I suggest you actually get to the part where you actually discuss it and stop carrying on with the arguing. You don't like Zadina as much as other people, we understand that much. So please, either give a clear picture of why, or just stop responding to the thread. Merely saying "I get to watch all the games" doesn't tell anybody a damn thing about a prospect. You obviously feel very strongly about some of his flaws, so just illustrate it for people so they can try to grasp what you're saying.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Firstly, I don't think anyone said it was a big deal that Zadina wasn't as good as he should have been in the playoffs. Secondly, that is such a terrible way to compare them based on their production for their respective teams. Yeah, Kotkaniemi sucks becuase he couldn't beat players much older than him in a mens league. The entire Assat team was, well, they were ass in the playoffs. Nobody ever said that Kotkaniemi absolutely tore up the playoffs, because he obviously didn't. But why are you comparing the Q to the Liiga?

Kotkaniemi sucks? I don't think he does. I never even mentioned any of my opinions on the player actually. This is a Zadina thread, and I'm just pointing out that 12 points in 9 playoff games isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be, considering other top prospects from the draft (and it just so happens to be the guy that Montreal drafted) also struggled in the playoffs. I don't think Kotkaniemi sucks at all, it's quite the opposite actually. I think he has the potential to be a franchise 2-way center in the mold of Bergeron/Barkov. Just pointing out to this one user who thinks "12 points in 9 games is bad" that your guy put up 1 assist in 7 games.

And I'm not comparing the leagues, I'm comparing the players. Zadina's points per game from regular season to playoffs took a bit of a dip, Kotkaniemi's plummeted. I'm comparing Zadina's regular season with Zadina's playoffs, and Kot. regular season with Kot. playoffs.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So apparently Zadina was loaned to Halifax by his Czech club last year which means he is AHL eligible according to folks around the Wings. That is an interesting development. I wonder with the Memorial Cup what that will mean, but I think if this is true Zadina is done with the CHL.

It is now being reported by most our local people, surprised we didn't hear this much in the build up or immediately after the draft. Maybe I missed something does anybody have concrete proof of this?

Last edited:
Reactions: eviohh26 and Wooren

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
So apparently Zadina was loaned to Halifax by his Czech club last year which means he is AHL eligible according to folks around the Wings. That is an interesting development. I wonder with the Memorial Cup what that will mean, but I think if this is true Zadina is done with the CHL.

It is now being reported by most our local people, surprised we didn't hear this much in the build up or immediately after the draft. Maybe I missed something does anybody have concrete proof of this?
I will believe it when I see it, but it would be ideal.

Christien

May 1, 2010
He had a pretty good showing at the Red Wings development camp scrimmage with the GWG.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
aXywt6g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad