F Filip Zadina (2018, 6th, DET) Part 2

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
Bert was injured. Bert is no longer injured.

Wings fans are ****ing annoying.

I mean, it was a joke, but Blashill is not a good coach and his lineup decisions are usually questionable at best. Bert - Larkin - Mantha have like 9 points combined in the first Philly game last weekend, the only logical choice for a coach to make would be to break that line up, right?

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I mean, it was a joke, but Blashill is not a good coach and his lineup decisions are usually questionable at best. Bert - Larkin - Mantha have like 9 points combined in the first Philly game last weekend, the only logical choice for a coach to make would be to break that line up, right?
Jokes are supposed to be funny, not beaten until the corpse disappears.

Oh what a sad day, we had to wait 2 games for that line to be reunited. All the chemistry will be lost

Kakko the bust

Hughes > Kakko ALL DAY, everyday
Nov 6, 2017
Blashill Said that Athanasiou will center Zadina and Bertuzzi for tomorrow game. Larkin is with Mantha and Helm(lol)

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Blashill Said that Athanasiou will center Zadina and Bertuzzi for tomorrow game. Larkin is with Mantha and Helm(lol)

I like that line better than playing with Glendening and Rasmussen. He might actually get some offensive zone time on that line and show what hes got a little. The other teams wont be as good as the Sharks either

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Is he adapting to the speed at which NHL players close?
Hard to tell last game he had multiple different centers and wingers, I don't think he had a solid line for an entire period. He never really got into a rhythm, but he has certainly adapted to the speed of the AHL over the course of the season, so he's making his way there. The entirety of the call-up will be needed to assess where he's at.

Reactions: SnuggaRUDE

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Button had him at #17 in his affiliate rankings. I think he has the potential to move into the top 10 easily if he is not with a NHL team next season. Superb talent.

I could have made an argument for him at No 1 to be honest.

Think that he will end up the second best player from that draft. I love Kotkaniemi, but I have him behind Dahlin and Zadina but ahead of Svech.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I could have made an argument for him at No 1 to be honest.

Think that he will end up the second best player from that draft. I love Kotkaniemi, but I have him behind Dahlin and Zadina but ahead of Svech.
It would not surprise me if you end up being right on that one. I have my thoughts on this. I think can any of 7-8 players that can be the 2nd best player in the draft.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
It would not surprise me if you end up being right on that one. I have my thoughts on this. I think can any of 7-8 players that can be the 2nd best player in the draft.

Yeah, like he is really talented, but what sets him apart is that DAMPish obsession with scoring goals that he got. A bit Christiano Ronaldo like almost.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Every year there's always a bust in the top 10 based.

Zadina and Bouchard are my choices for 2018.

Even Hayton i believe will be more valuable than Zadina even though Zona got chastised for the selecetion.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Zadina and Kotkaniemi both have 31 points (different leagues of course). Wondering who ends up with more this season...Zadina (AHL + NHL) or Kotkaniemi.

My guess is both finish around ~40 with Zadina edging it.

Habs888

Mar 15, 2018
Not a good game for all wings players...zad look ok in a game that was horible for detroit

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
zadina or kotkaniemi in this detroit team does not matter
even mcdavid on that team wont move the needle
you are as good as your team

detroit is a dog shit team
i would put no stock in doing any zadina kotkaniemi comparisons

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
You can tell Zadina has another gear most players don't have. The problem is he doesn't have any to help him utilize it on this squad. When he gets a little space he has that Ovechkin feel (not comparing players, just the instinct with the puck) that he wants to find any way possible to get it to the net, at any angle.

He needs to put on weight, his speed is great, skill and instincts look great, he's going and not going to set the world on fire on this squad. Let him develop for another year or so and learn the pro game and I really think we will see what he can do.

Some players can come into the league and set it on fire .. some come in hot and sizzle out... Zadina I think needs a little seasoning and work and he will be a game changer.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Considering how crap the team looked tonight, Zadina looked really good. He was our best player on the ice for sure.
Hmm from a Montreal perspective, it felt like Larkin was the best player, all things considered.
That said, I thought Filip moved and handled the puck well. He didn't capitalize on that scoring chance he had but good on him for finding that space and making himself an option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad